Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175627 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4780 on: October 01, 2009, 11:37:18 am »

I can't read that out of the short excerpt posted here (and I don't know the whole interview).
I can understand that he is disappointed about losing a role he really, really wanted. Every parent misses out great opportunities due to their commitment to their children. And I think it's completely normal to be sometimes wistful/frustrated/disappointed about it. Doesn't mean you regret having made this commitment.

Doesn't mean he regrets it, no.  But it doesn't mean he doesn't either.  Plenty of men love their children and STILL get a divorce so they can do what they like better.  Look at almost any Hollywood couple's divorce where two careers were at stake.  Do those men love their children?  I'm sure they do.  But...[shrug]

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4781 on: October 01, 2009, 12:32:01 pm »
"I could not love thee, dear, so much, loved I not my fame more"   :o

I do
hope Maggie and Peter manage to keep going together.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4782 on: October 06, 2009, 10:25:49 am »
They mentioned Jake on the local Pittsburgh news yesterday!  Once in a while they'll mention that film he's making with Anne here in Pittsburgh.  It's very neat, and kind of surreal to think he's around here somewhere.  
8)

Russell Crowe and Liam Neeson apparently also are filmming something near Pittsburgh at the moment... that film shut down one of our highways yesterday.

Pittsburgh has been trying to attract film industry projects... and apparently it seems to be working. :)

**editing to add that I just looked this up and found some links via a local Pittsburgh news channel's website.  Hmmm, it looks like Jake and Anne are filmming in an area I frequent all the time.

http://www.wpxi.com/entertainment/20829640/detail.html
Gyllenhaal, Hathaway Movie Begins Filming In Squirrel Hill
Posted: 7:47 am EDT September 10, 2009
Updated: 1:16 pm EDT September 22, 2009

PITTSBURGH -- Hollywood is back in Pittsburgh as a new movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway began filming in Squirrel Hill.

The romantic comedy is titled "Love and Other Drugs."

Because many movies are shooting in the area, producers are calling Pittsburgh the "Hollywood of the east."

Russell Crowe will begin a thriller titled "The Next Three Days" in October.

And pre-production is under way in the Strip District for "Unstoppable," starring Denzel Washington.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4783 on: October 06, 2009, 12:27:58 pm »
They mentioned Jake on the local Pittsburgh news yesterday!  Once in a while they'll mention that film he's making with Anne here in Pittsburgh.  It's very neat, and kind of surreal to think he's around here somewhere.  
8)

Reminds me of the time when TDK was filmed in Chicago, and K lived there.
(Oh well, ... :-\).

**editing to add that I just looked this up and found some links via a local Pittsburgh news channel's website.  Hmmm, it looks like Jake and Anne are filmming in an area I frequent all the time.

Good luck! :)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #4784 on: October 06, 2009, 02:09:40 pm »
I'm sure Jake and Anne will have fun on the shoot, seeing as they already have an iconic movie in their mutual past.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #4785 on: October 06, 2009, 02:10:10 pm »
Jeez, is it coming on two years and Jake STILL has not said anything about Heath?

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4786 on: October 10, 2009, 07:30:03 am »
Why haven't we seen Jake's movies, Nailed and Brothers?  Did they bomb completely  ???

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4787 on: October 10, 2009, 02:28:09 pm »
Brothers will come out in December. Nailed has no release date yet.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4788 on: October 10, 2009, 04:26:15 pm »
´will be great to see Jake on the big screen again. It´s been damn too long

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4789 on: October 29, 2009, 11:32:52 pm »
Good eveing Gyllenhaalics!  I'm posting here (having just come from HHH) to cross-reference a thread started tonight over in Open Forum by chowhound called "Names": http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,38241.msg546062.html

It's about made-up names that both Jake and Heath used on BBM call sheets.  It would be cool if anyone on the JJJ thread might have any insights about whether the names Jake used have any particular significance.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie