Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175123 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4830 on: December 01, 2009, 07:46:12 pm »
Jake Gyllenhaals murkin? anyone? I could play the piano/keyboard   ;D
I can play the triangle!

Offline Sammi

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #4831 on: December 01, 2009, 07:54:00 pm »
Super cute interview - I love Jake.  I would never confuse him and Toby.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #4832 on: December 01, 2009, 07:55:15 pm »
I can play the triangle!
yes, please do! what about sing? You have a great voice  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #4833 on: December 01, 2009, 08:10:51 pm »
after spring 2010, i think, Toby will be the one who gets the confuse question. Excuse me, can I tell my grandchildren that I met a prince ....

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4834 on: December 02, 2009, 11:22:43 am »
I always thought Tobey and Jake were about the same age, but it turns out that Tobey is 5 years older. Jake has more laugh lines around his eyes than Tobey in Brothers though.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4835 on: December 02, 2009, 01:33:49 pm »

Me neither.  They look completely different.  And that's my problem.

Maybe I'm getting too detail-oriented, but I'm having problems with movies about brothers or sisters where the actors don't look anything like each other.  Unless there is some excuse - they're really half-brothers and don't know it, or they're adopted and don't know it, or something similar, I have a hard time suspending disbelief.  I had real problems with the movie Cassandra's Dream.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4836 on: December 02, 2009, 01:40:06 pm »

I think this question must be subjective about whether they look alike or not... Because I think they totally look like brothers separated at birth.  Seriously.  I remember being excited about the announcement that Brothers was in the works because for ages I've been thinking that Jake and Tobey should be in a movie together as relatives.  I don't think they look completely different at all.  And, to me the big eyes is probably the key feature that casting folks were thinking about in terms of resemblance.

I would never mix them up, but yeah, I think there's a total likeness.  And, it's totally shocking to me to think that Tobey is older.  To me he looks a lot younger... especially when Jake has facial hair.  When Jake is clean shaven, to me he looks years younger than he does with stubble or moustaches.

Me neither.  They look completely different.  And that's my problem.

Maybe I'm getting too detail-oriented, but I'm having problems with movies about brothers or sisters where the actors don't look anything like each other.  Unless there is some excuse - they're really half-brothers and don't know it, or they're adopted and don't know it, or something similar, I have a hard time suspending disbelief.  I had real problems with the movie Cassandra's Dream.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4837 on: December 02, 2009, 01:56:14 pm »
I think this question must be subjective about whether they look alike or not... Because I think they totally look like brothers separated at birth.  Seriously.  I remember being excited about the announcement that Brothers was in the works because for ages I've been thinking that Jake and Tobey should be in a movie together as relatives.  I don't think they look completely different at all.  And, to me the big eyes is probably the key feature that casting folks were thinking about in terms of resemblance.

I would never mix them up, but yeah, I think there's a total likeness.  And, it's totally shocking to me to think that Tobey is older.  To me he looks a lot younger... especially when Jake has facial hair.  When Jake is clean shaven, to me he looks years younger than he does with stubble or moustaches.

Yeah, it's totally subjective.  I don't think they look at all similar.  Tobey has a flatter crown, rounded heartshaped face, almost bee-pout lips, full mouth and wide-set eyes and Jake has a long narrow face with a tall crown, close-set eyes and a wide, narrow upper lip and almost an overbite onto a fuller lower lip.  To me, they're disconcertingly different looking.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4838 on: December 03, 2009, 05:01:58 pm »
Another video!  :) Jake E! News interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-4FqXNF6Q

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4839 on: December 03, 2009, 08:48:08 pm »
Another video!  :) Jake E! News interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-4FqXNF6Q

:laugh: Yep! Jake is on the Daily 10 on E! again tonight. :)  The interview is about to come on in a few minutes. :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie