Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178715 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2730 on: April 07, 2007, 06:31:37 pm »
Easy for the Heathen to say.   :P   :)

They've even annointed them with one of those combined monikers:  Gyllenspoon.   ::)

I guess that's better than "Witherhaal". :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2731 on: April 07, 2007, 07:09:53 pm »
I just don't like it...Witherhaal, Gyllenspoon, whatever the media comes up with...smacks of disrespect to me and lowers our beloved Jake and his new relationship (if there's any truth to it) to the ranks of Bennifer or Brangelina.

He and Reese are both too classy to be dissed in that way, IMO.

>:( :(
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2732 on: April 07, 2007, 07:53:41 pm »
I just hope he's happy..  reese seems like a really sweet girl.. and jakey deserves only the best companionship. 

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2733 on: April 07, 2007, 09:00:15 pm »
I guess that's better than "Witherhaal". :)

Ja-eese?

Re-ake?

Or, my favorite, Jareese.

Much as I wish Jake nothing but happiness, I smell yet another heartbreak for him.  Reese has just just got out of a long - for Hollywood - marriage. She has two kids, an ex-husband whose presence she will never fully be free of, the recent memories of the demise of her marriage, the cause of which seems to be a philandering husband and Jake is just the rebound cure for such a person - a homebody, respectful and loyal.

I suspect Jake will be good for Reese, but in the long run, I don't think Reese will be good for Jake.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2734 on: April 07, 2007, 09:48:06 pm »
I suspect Jake will be good for Reese, but in the long run, I don't think Reese will be good for Jake.

So we're taking the tabloids' word for it that they're actually together, not just friendly colleagues? I thought you were skeptical about this, Del.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2735 on: April 08, 2007, 01:18:28 am »
So we're taking the tabloids' word for it that they're actually together, not just friendly colleagues? I thought you were skeptical about this, Del.

I was, originally, but so far, shows like E! and People magazine have picked it up as 'dating', actually showing pics and running stories of them riding around together, him driving while she runs in to get them take out food to go, while he hides his face.  So, while I don't like the thought, it looks like they are spending some quality time together.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2736 on: April 08, 2007, 12:50:32 pm »

Here's hoping you're wrong.
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2737 on: April 08, 2007, 12:55:01 pm »
she's a sweetie and he's a Hottie...  they make a good pair.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2738 on: April 08, 2007, 02:57:52 pm »
so far, shows like E! and People magazine have picked it up as 'dating', actually showing pics and running stories of them riding around together, him driving while she runs in to get them take out food to go, while he hides his face.  So, while I don't like the thought, it looks like they are spending some quality time together.

TRALALALALALAI'mnotlisteningTRALALALALALA      :laugh:

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2739 on: April 08, 2007, 05:02:10 pm »
I saw the scoop on Jake and Reese in People too. It suprised me because I thought Jake and Ryan Phillippe were friends. I believe here in this thread someone posted a picture of them working out together on a running track, and they seemed to be friends. I know that doesn't make them buddies but still. Then again, hollywood stars seem to have a tendency to trade their respectives boyfriends or girlfriends among each other, after a period of time.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:35:41 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.