Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178761 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2880 on: June 04, 2007, 04:03:30 pm »
Paparazzi or no Paparazzi, Jake is HOT!!!

You can say that twice and mean it!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2881 on: June 04, 2007, 09:23:01 pm »
You don't have to tell me twice.  ;)

Seriously, sadly, my Crush of Biblical Proportions on him is *finally* waning.  I still think he's just the cat's pajamas, but I don't feel like a school girl in puppy love with him anymore, you know?

Was it the Reese thing?  Did I finally come down to earth and realize that for Chrissakes I'm a 42-year-old married woman who lives in freaking Florida - more than likely I'll never meet the guy let alone get to know him?  Did it just run its course?  Or did that need I was using the idea of him to fill dissipate?

Like the line in "Swingers" goes, one day you wake up and realize you're not obsessed with this person any longer, and mostly it's a very good thing, but there's a part of you that mourns that loss, because you lived with it for so long it's become a part of you.

My GOD, I need to get out more.

Carry on.
No more beans!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2882 on: June 05, 2007, 03:21:54 pm »
Seriously, sadly, my Crush of Biblical Proportions on him is *finally* waning.  I still think he's just the cat's pajamas, but I don't feel like a school girl in puppy love with him anymore, you know?

Was it the Reese thing?  Did I finally come down to earth and realize that for Chrissakes I'm a 42-year-old married woman who lives in freaking Florida - more than likely I'll never meet the guy let alone get to know him?  Did it just run its course?  Or did that need I was using the idea of him to fill dissipate?

I don't have a crush on Jake anymore. I think it is because everything come and goes. I used to have a crush on Keanu Reeves, and it's long gone too.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2883 on: June 05, 2007, 03:59:25 pm »
Hello Ednabarby, I'm a newbie but I recognise your name from IMDb.

Well I'm a 43 year old with a serious school-girl, puppy-love, my-life-is-meaningless-without-him, if-I-dont-have-him-I'll-kill-myself kind of a crush on the beautiful Jake.

So what's the cure???  :'(

Time.

I started crushing on him precisely in February of '06.  Took me about 1 year and 4 months for it to stop.  Don't know about you, but that seems to be about my standard duration for all overwhelming crushes.  I didn't replace him with another.  My marriage didn't suddenly stop sucking ass.  He didn't disappoint me in any way.  Even learning he's probably in a pretty serious in-love relationship didn't do it.  It's like I just woke up the other day, went about my business, got all the way to the end of it and didn't think about him.  I didn't even realize I didn't think about him that day because that would be thinking about him.  (!)  It was the next day or the day after that.  Then I came here, saw more beautiful pictures of him, and they did nothing for me.  No heart skipping a beat.  No weird, awkward, sort of embarassed for myself feeling.  Just... nothing.

Free at last.

It's so nice to feel normal again.  (Well, as normal as a weirdo like me can feel.  ;)

It'll come.  It just takes time.

And I recognize your name from IMDb, too.  So good to see you here!  :)

No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2884 on: June 05, 2007, 08:31:10 pm »

Like the line in "Swingers" goes, one day you wake up and realize you're not obsessed with this person any longer, and mostly it's a very good thing, but there's a part of you that mourns that loss, because you lived with it for so long it's become a part of you.

My GOD, I need to get out more.

Carry on.

Hi Barb and fellow jake fans!  recently my crush on jake slowed down quite a bit too.  I know longer wake up and think of him right away, or spend hours on the web searching for pics and vids of him, or go to sleep with him on my mind. 

Still, I am eager to see how handsome he gets when he's older.. He looked so damned handsome as the older Jack in Brokeback IMHO. 

Jake will no doubt always be on my top ten list although i dont think there's actually a whole 10 on my list.. i tend to fall for movie stars.. John Travolta, Brad Pitt, Jake Gyllenhaal, Eminem (sorry i know he's a gay basher)   but he came to me in my dreams! and damn Justin Timberlake can dance ~ yeah baby..

i used to conference chat on yahoo with chris45, wulf and a few others Ohio, sue, lisa, glory and i would tell them about how i dream of Jake..

here's my fav pic of my Jack Twist as an older man. this lil smile was right after he talked to Ennis about havin a thing going with a ranch foreman's "wife"  and right before he says to Ennis "sometimes i miss you so much i can hardly stand it."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2885 on: June 05, 2007, 09:05:46 pm »
Oh, I'll always love Jake.  Like you said, Dev, I just don't fall asleep and wake up thinking about him any more.  I no longer replay the elaborate fantasies I've constructed in my mind of sometime meeting him (at apparently a weak point of his) and winning him over with my sweet and quirky ways.  Yes, our little girl is all growed up.  Yeah, right - until the next one comes along.

I always fall for the movie stars, too.  Something about them being projected literally larger than life on the big screen always gets me.  And it's always because they play a role in which they're so heartbreakingly romantic that they make me swoon.  Joseph Fiennes as Will Shakespeare damn near killed me.  Here was this outrageously lush, gorgeous creature, and he was speaking those ridiculously beautiful words with that deep, dark and delicious voice and those doe eyes looking like infinite pools of silky milk chocolate.  I just wanted a man like that to look at *me* like that.  Same goes, of course, for the way Jack Twist looked at Ennis as he rode away after the dozy embrace.  Really, that's when he got me.  I like to think it was when Jake appeared on Leno and was so self-deprecating and witty and confident.  But a lot of actors appear on Leno and convey those qualities.  It was Jack Twist looking at Ennis Del Mar with those eyes who got to me.  And it was Ralph Fiennes' Count Almasy in The English Patient that got to me before Will Shakespeare.  The way his eyes bore into Kristin Scott Thomas' on that dance floor - I about came unglued.  I gripped the armrests of my movie theater seat right then like I was on a thrill ride.  And I was, really.

I've been lucky enough in my life, I guess, to have had a couple of extraordinary men look at me like that - and let me catch them looking at me like that and keep looking.  But I wasn't able to hold on to them.  I wasn't what they needed.  I honestly think that I, that maybe all of us, fall for some of these characters and by osmosis the actors who portray them because we want to get that back - or we want to experience that for the first time.  Even if you're lucky enough to end up with the love of your life, that look fades over time.  Every now and then you might catch a fleeting glimpse of it, but it's never like it was that first time.

Josh Holloway does it to me a little bit, the way his Sawyer/James looks at Kate, his other self.  But I don't have a large enough screen on my TV to be absolutely transported by it, so I've been able to avoid the all-out Crush of Biblical Proportions on him.  Thank God.  I need to take a break from that.  Unrequited love/lust/whatever it was is really, REALLY draining after a while.

No more beans!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2886 on: June 07, 2007, 10:11:17 pm »
Hello Jake-o-philes---A while back I discovered the Jake Jake Jake thread. By the way---to Lucise who started it and to any and all contributors--THANKS!--thanks is not adequate, but MMMMMM, what a thread!! Anyway, I would look at either 5 or 10 pages each day because I didn't have time to look at all of them at once. It has been a wonderful source of amusement!!

Jake is still on my calendar.
Jake is still on my screensaver.
Jake is still on my bulletin board.
Jake is still on my refrigerator.
And I'm still adding to my collection of Jake movies.

He's such a fun guy to have around to look at. I'm anxious also to see what the future brings for him. As long as he's happy, that's great. He loves his family and his dogs, too, so that makes him even more endearing.

Ahhhhh.....Jake :-*
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2887 on: June 07, 2007, 11:29:58 pm »
Hello Jake-o-philes---A while back I discovered the Jake Jake Jake thread. By the way---to Lucise who started it and to any and all contributors--THANKS!--thanks is not adequate, but MMMMMM, what a thread!! Anyway, I would look at either 5 or 10 pages each day because I didn't have time to look at all of them at once. It has been a wonderful source of amusement!!

Jake is still on my calendar.
Jake is still on my screensaver.
Jake is still on my bulletin board.
Jake is still on my refrigerator.
And I'm still adding to my collection of Jake movies.

He's such a fun guy to have around to look at. I'm anxious also to see what the future brings for him. As long as he's happy, that's great. He loves his family and his dogs, too, so that makes him even more endearing.

Ahhhhh.....Jake :-*

You go girl!~!!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2888 on: June 08, 2007, 12:34:34 am »

he is worth spending some time with..is he not.

Beautiful mind

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2889 on: June 08, 2007, 01:00:57 am »
HAH

so much for Jakey and the Witherspoon!!
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"