Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178841 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3690 on: February 18, 2008, 10:25:22 pm »
I just ordered it on ebay.  I'll report back as soon as it arrives.  (And as soon as my friend who speaks Italian returns from vacanza.)

Ooooooo nice work Friend!  Looking forward to your report!  :D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3691 on: February 18, 2008, 10:31:52 pm »
Hey, Amanda, happy 4000 posts by the way!!

I sure will report back tutto pronto.

I have the earlier Italian Vanity Fair with Jake with the title "Il cowboy innamorato"...

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3692 on: February 18, 2008, 10:44:25 pm »
I found this on dlisted.com. Supposedly Jake is leaving his dentist's office.

jakey looks so young sometimes.

i am suddenly slightly [and unexpectedly] bitter about new activity here on this thread.  nothing personal against jake, just you know, ain't fair...
 :-\
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3693 on: February 18, 2008, 10:45:11 pm »
Hey, Amanda, happy 4000 posts by the way!!

I sure will report back tutto pronto.

I have the earlier Italian Vanity Fair with Jake with the title "Il cowboy innamorato"...

Thanks Friend!  :-*  Well, it's nice to know that Jake is popular in Italy it seems!  ;D

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3694 on: February 18, 2008, 10:48:42 pm »
Hm, I don't think so, Del. That would be some coincidence!

Under the "Il Cowboy è Rimasto Solo" the small white letters say something along the lines of "BBM has been the most important experience of my career, has given me a true friend who's name was Heath Ledger and who is gone now." It's as if Jake had given that statement after Heath's passing... It's odd though, because Jake has not made any statement at all yet, right?

j. U. d. E.

No, he's not made a statement.  That makes me even more suspicious, J that this was done before Heath died and the magazine editors punched up the cover to make it seem like it is up to date and included comments on Heath's death that he never made to sell copies.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3695 on: February 18, 2008, 10:51:11 pm »
jakey looks so young sometimes.

i am suddenly slightly [and unexpectedly] bitter about new activity here on this thread.  nothing personal against jake, just you know, ain't fair...
 :-\

Awww {{BelAir}} I'm sorry you feel that way Bud. 

I actually feel a bit different, it feels refreshing to me to see this thread perking up. 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3696 on: February 19, 2008, 02:00:45 am »
That's cool about the Italian Vanity Fair cover!  That headline is certainly sad though.
:(

I wonder how hard that would be to find in the States?

Anything good in there for our "Jake and Heath Together" thread here in CT?  (I'm at work and can't really look at the website at the moment).

I bet they carry it at Rizzoli in Manhattan.  (One of my favorite book stores.)  Maybe a NY Brokie Bud could get it for you...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3697 on: February 19, 2008, 03:08:41 am »
I bet they carry it at Rizzoli in Manhattan.  (One of my favorite book stores.)  Maybe a NY Brokie Bud could get it for you...

Thanks for the suggestion Friend. 
 :)

I think at this point I'll just wait for southendmd's report.  I'm super curious to find out what's up with that magazine though.  I mean, who knows, it seems conceivable that if he has a good relationship with Vanity Fair from the past, maybe he did give them a statement.  Or, it could just be a more run of the mill story written by Vanity Fair with no real news.

Either way, it's enough to make me want to know what's up.

p.s. Anne Hathaway (in a group shot) is on the cover of the U.S. Vanity Fair that I saw when I went to Borders this evening.

Offline sparklemotion

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #3698 on: February 19, 2008, 03:42:32 am »
IHeartJake have translated this interview:

http://iheartjake.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?board=Pictures&num=1202313356&action=display&start=15

COVER PAGE: Jake Gyllenhaal, the Cowboy is alone now. “Brokeback Mountain has given me the most important experience of my career, and a friend indeed”. His name was Heath Ledger, and he isn’t here anymore.

INSIDE PIC: “Fame is dangerous. I have seen so many actors gone awry. And I know that when you go through bad moments, those who help you are those who really love you.” This is what Jake Gyllenhaal said 3 months ago. Can you imagine how he feels now that his best friend Heath Ledger, isn’t here anymore?.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3699 on: February 19, 2008, 10:28:30 am »
IHeartJake have translated this interview:

http://iheartjake.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?board=Pictures&num=1202313356&action=display&start=15

COVER PAGE: Jake Gyllenhaal, the Cowboy is alone now. “Brokeback Mountain has given me the most important experience of my career, and a friend indeed”. His name was Heath Ledger, and he isn’t here anymore.

INSIDE PIC: “Fame is dangerous. I have seen so many actors gone awry. And I know that when you go through bad moments, those who help you are those who really love you.” This is what Jake Gyllenhaal said 3 months ago. Can you imagine how he feels now that his best friend Heath Ledger, isn’t here anymore?.

When I clicked on the link it said something about an error has occured. I think you have to be a member and log in or something.