Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178610 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3700 on: February 19, 2008, 10:40:07 am »
The picture of Jake that adores the Italian Vanity Fair were taken at Golden Oaks Ranch in Santa Clarita, California.   There are some other photos posted on this blog taken there.  Jake splitting wood and paddling a boat. I guess they are "nature boy" photos.

http://gyllenbabble.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3701 on: February 19, 2008, 08:06:02 pm »
No, he's not made a statement.  That makes me even more suspicious, J that this was done before Heath died and the magazine editors punched up the cover to make it seem like it is up to date and included comments on Heath's death that he never made to sell copies.
Yes, I find it quite suspicious too and really not a nice thing to do and very stupid.  :-\

We'll see what it says inside, when those here who have ordered it receive it.

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline opinionista

« Reply #3702 on: February 20, 2008, 06:40:28 am »
Yes, I find it quite suspicious too and really not a nice thing to do and very stupid.  :-\

We'll see what it says inside, when those here who have ordered it receive it.

j. U. d. E.

I think what Jake actually said was lost in translation. According to Sparklemotion's post (quoted below) Jake said: Brokeback Mountain has given me the most important experience of my career, and a friend indeed. And the Magazine added: His name was Heath Ledger, and he isn't here anymore. They also specify Jake said those words three months ago.

IHeartJake have translated this interview:

http://iheartjake.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?board=Pictures&num=1202313356&action=display&start=15

COVER PAGE: Jake Gyllenhaal, the Cowboy is alone now. “Brokeback Mountain has given me the most important experience of my career, and a friend indeed”. His name was Heath Ledger, and he isn’t here anymore.

INSIDE PIC: “Fame is dangerous. I have seen so many actors gone awry. And I know that when you go through bad moments, those who help you are those who really love you.” This is what Jake Gyllenhaal said 3 months ago. Can you imagine how he feels now that his best friend Heath Ledger, isn’t here anymore?.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #3703 on: February 20, 2008, 10:20:36 am »
I think what Jake actually said was lost in translation. According to Sparklemotion's post (quoted below) Jake said: Brokeback Mountain has given me the most important experience of my career, and a friend indeed. And the Magazine added: His name was Heath Ledger, and he isn't here anymore. They also specify Jake said those words three months ago.

Yes, you are right and I didn't see the quote/unquote. It makes more sense now.

Can anyone read the three words under the main title of the earlier Vanity Fair with Jake on the cover. It says "Il cowboy innamorato", but what does it say underneath? I can read "di un ..." but I can't read the 3rd word.

Tx.

j. U. d. E.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3704 on: February 20, 2008, 10:48:53 am »
Yes, you are right and I didn't see the quote/unquote. It makes more sense now.

Can anyone read the three words under the main title of the earlier Vanity Fair with Jake on the cover. It says "Il cowboy innamorato", but what does it say underneath? I can read "di un ..." but I can't read the 3rd word.

Tx.

j. U. d. E.

I believe it says:  "Il cowboy innamorato...di un altro", or "the cowboy in love with another".

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #3705 on: February 20, 2008, 04:35:42 pm »
I believe it says:  "Il cowboy innamorato...di un altro", or "the cowboy in love with another".
Ah yes! That would be it. Thank you.

j. U. d. E.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3706 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:13 pm »
Ah yes! That would be it. Thank you.

j. U. d. E.

Prego, Jude!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3707 on: February 21, 2008, 08:20:44 pm »

This barely qualifies as Jake news, but I thought I'd go ahead and post it.   E!News tonight reported on Reese attending an event in Hollywood last night and they made a specific point of noting that Jake was not with her.  Of course, this could mean nothing at all.  But, it does suggest that Jake's still keeping a low profile and that Hollywood-media is still taking note of this.  It was really a tiny little report.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3708 on: February 21, 2008, 08:41:30 pm »
Have they ever been seen together at one of those functions or anything similar, appearing as an "official" couple? I don't think so.... it may just be that they're continuing that trend of staying publicly separate for whatever (Heath-unrelated) reason.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3709 on: February 21, 2008, 08:44:22 pm »

Have they ever been seen together at one of those functions or anything similar, appearing as an "official" couple? I don't think so.... it may just be that they're continuing that trend for whatever reason.

Well, as I said... the E! report could mean absolutely nothing.  But, they did mention him and his absence from the event.  Again... it was a quickie "sightings"-type report (mostly about Reese).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie