Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178565 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4170 on: July 25, 2008, 09:46:26 am »

As far as I understand Lisa and Ted told him about how they only met based on Brokie forums and tried to explain a little bit about how the Brokie community functions.  So, even if Jake himself doesn't look at these websites (which it sounds like he really doesn't based on their report about the conversation at lunch) he at least has some idea about them.

LOL, so here's a question for folks... if for some incredible/ hypothetical reason you had a chance to actually show Jake BetterMost (say you bumped into him at a coffeeshop while you had BetterMost up on your laptop), would you do it? 

I would expect that if he actually saw BetterMost and all the posts and even a thread like JJJ, he might indeed be a little overwhelmed (let alone seeing DC and EJ in addition to BetterMost).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4171 on: July 25, 2008, 11:26:34 am »
Wouldn't it be swell if the Western Shop in Brussels had striped cowboy boots?  ;D

well, you'll have to post a pic if they do!

;)

Where is Nailed chronologically after Rendition in terms of Jake's filming schedule?  i.e. is it Rendition, Nailed, Brothers, PoP?
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4172 on: July 25, 2008, 11:29:44 am »

As far as I understand Lisa and Ted told him about how they only met based on Brokie forums and tried to explain a little bit about how the Brokie community functions.  So, even if Jake himself doesn't look at these websites (which it sounds like he really doesn't based on their report about the conversation at lunch) he at least has some idea about them.

LOL, so here's a question for folks... if for some incredible/ hypothetical reason you had a chance to actually show Jake BetterMost (say you bumped into him at a coffeeshop while you had BetterMost up on your laptop), would you do it? 

I would expect that if he actually saw BetterMost and all the posts and even a thread like JJJ, he might indeed be a little overwhelmed (let alone seeing DC and EJ in addition to BetterMost).

Oh I would definitely show him!

but, he would have to walk over to me, say hello, and ask me what I was doing.

I doubt I would approach him on my own.  I would just sit there and gawk (and post!)

:)

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4173 on: July 25, 2008, 11:30:36 am »
umm... I would maybe not show him the JJJ thread right away.  Only after we were BFF.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4174 on: July 25, 2008, 02:03:27 pm »
umm... I would maybe not show him the JJJ thread right away.  Only after we were BFF.

Of course.  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4175 on: July 25, 2008, 02:49:31 pm »

Having thought about my own question a little bit... I think actually having BetterMost up and as a ready-made topic for conversation, it my enbolden me to approach him and explain what BetterMost is.

In general, I'm very shy about the idea of approaching celebrities (even PBR/ bull riding celebrities - see the thread in Social Events about Lee and my experience at the rodeo on Monday).  But, I think I would actually be very excited about the idea of showing BetterMost to Jake.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4176 on: July 25, 2008, 04:22:46 pm »

After reading Ted's and Lisa's experience (I still have two more chapters to go) I would feel more confident (as in less shy) about  approaching him, would introduce myself as Sel and as  a Brokie, then would ask him if I could introduce him to the Brokie community of BetterMost and would hand him the laptop open at the Forum page. I would live it up to him where to look.
BbM, I swear

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4177 on: July 27, 2008, 08:51:45 pm »
Jake G. will be or is now in Carolina ?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4178 on: July 31, 2008, 10:37:37 pm »

Heya,
I thought I'd come and report on a silly show that I noticed E! doing tonight as I was flipping around the dial.  They were doing a countdown of the top something-or-other (I don't recall the number) "swimsuit bodies/ moments."  And, Jake was number 23...  and they were highlighting the Jarhead Santa hat dance.

My question is... does that really count as a swimsuit moment??   ???

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4179 on: August 01, 2008, 10:38:00 am »
Heya,
I thought I'd come and report on a silly show that I noticed E! doing tonight as I was flipping around the dial.  They were doing a countdown of the top something-or-other (I don't recall the number) "swimsuit bodies/ moments."  And, Jake was number 23...  and they were highlighting the Jarhead Santa hat dance.

My question is... does that really count as a swimsuit moment??   ???

I looked on the guide and it's called "25 Most Memorable Swimsuit Moments". They're showing it again this morning! And yeah, I do agree. It's not really a swimsuit moment. But then again, it is a really hot moment. He was hilarious and hot at the same time! Boy did he look really delicious. :P