Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3178670 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4310 on: November 14, 2008, 10:04:59 pm »
I saw it on tv last night.  He says he got 5lbs of muscle implants, but he was just joking around.  He was playful in his interview and nothing was said about Heath.

Thanks for the info!  LOL, now that I'm at home my connection is too slow to watch this YouTube.  So, I'm always in a bind when it comes to watching embedded videos.  Either I watch during work with the sound off, or I stay late at work and watch for real by indulging in using the faster internet connection with sound (when fewer people would have the opportunity to see)... or I just flounder in frustration here at home with dial-up.

Anyway,  does anyone know if this is really, truly his first interview since January? 

I think Jake would talk of Heath in interviews conducted by magazines journalists, that tend to ask a bit about everything... or Barbara Walters. Maybe when it's time to promote the new movie, he'll be asked about Heath.

Yes, I would imagine this would be the case too.  That he'd reserve comments about something this serious for a serious interview more subtantive than a ET movie promo.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4311 on: November 14, 2008, 11:47:50 pm »
Thanks for the info!  LOL, now that I'm at home my connection is too slow to watch this YouTube.  So, I'm always in a bind when it comes to watching embedded videos.  Either I watch during work with the sound off, or I stay late at work and watch for real by indulging in using the faster internet connection with sound (when fewer people would have the opportunity to see)... or I just flounder in frustration here at home with dial-up.

Anyway,  does anyone know if this is really, truly his first interview since January? 

Yes, I would imagine this would be the case too.  That he'd reserve comments about something this serious for a serious interview more subtantive than a ET movie promo.

It is.  Can you believe it?  I can't hardly believe it myself.  He managed to wrangle almost an "official" year's mourning in privacy without doing a single interview or talk about Heath publicly.

EDITED TO ADD:  Saw a picture in a magazine of Jake and Reese's little 5 year old boy walking the street holding hands.  The caption was "Amost Step-Father" and I was just floored.  He actually could soon be this child's step-father!!!  Jake!  A dad!   :o

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4312 on: November 15, 2008, 03:47:56 am »

A, check if your computer at work has a place to plug in earphones.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4313 on: November 15, 2008, 01:11:30 pm »
I'm still not used to the long hair - but I LOVED the brief snippet of accent we got to hear...

:)

I wouldn't actually be surprised if we never heard a word from him publicly about Heath's death...

:-\
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline optom3

« Reply #4314 on: November 15, 2008, 01:47:57 pm »
I'm still not used to the long hair - but I LOVED the brief snippet of accent we got to hear...

:)

I wouldn't actually be surprised if we never heard a word from him publicly about Heath's death...

:-\

I don't think he will ever speak about Heath's death now and irrationally it still bothers me. So silly I know. I do like his long hair though.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4315 on: November 15, 2008, 04:37:19 pm »
He looks hot and i think the movie will be fun. Looking forward to it.
As for Heath. Well, i still think he should have paid tribute when all the other co-stars, friends and family did. Which was a nice counterpart to the stories from rags. Now i don't think it's necessary anymore. I somehow think it would even be wrong to mention Heath when promoting his movies.
It's a chapter i've closed.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4316 on: November 15, 2008, 05:19:59 pm »

Fully agreed.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4317 on: November 15, 2008, 06:21:32 pm »

My speakers must suck, I heard him speak, but didn't get even a smidgen of accent.

What does it sound like?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4318 on: November 16, 2008, 02:08:46 pm »
He looks hot and i think the movie will be fun. Looking forward to it.
As for Heath. Well, i still think he should have paid tribute when all the other co-stars, friends and family did. Which was a nice counterpart to the stories from rags. Now i don't think it's necessary anymore. I somehow think it would even be wrong to mention Heath when promoting his movies.

Yeah, me too. Reluctantly I admit, but life goes on.  :-\
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4319 on: November 16, 2008, 05:45:01 pm »
On t'aime Jake G. !