Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9220218 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8260 on: July 30, 2010, 08:31:03 am »
Loving your avatar signature line btw chuck!!!

;) ;D :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8261 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:41 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Friday Friday Friday!!!

Well, I have the "Chuck in a suit" pics up and posted.  I decided not to post them on my blog, however.  I decided to put them in the "So What Do We Look Like" thread.  Perhaps bumping this older thread up will encourage some other members to place updated pics of themselves there.

;D

Here's a link to my two pics!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,271.msg581073.html#msg581073

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8262 on: July 30, 2010, 09:52:40 am »
Thanks for the pics. Your collegues (or whoever it was) were right: you dress up nicely! :)

But: are the big bosses stupid? Or completely inhumane? I don't get this order by your regular bosses. "shoo away anything personal". The big bosses must know how it works, all the personal stuff will come right out again as soon as they leave. But maybe they simply relish in the fact that everybody makes such huge ballyhoo when they're coming ::) :P.

I don't get all those "shallow respect" testimonies, and I sure can do without them on my part. Good thing I don't work in the military or other bodies with very strict hierarchies :laugh:.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8263 on: July 31, 2010, 03:31:21 pm »
Hiya friends.

Today it's really hit me how much the internet is a blessing as well as a curse.

The internet is what connected me to all of you, to my fellow "Brokies".  It broadened my horizons, and expanded my social circle by tenfold, if not more.

It got me to meet you face to face, to see your smiles, share laughs and tears and hugs.

But there is a dark side as well.  Because it bridges the distance, we can stay in touch, but when something monumental happens, we can't physically be there for each other.

Today I'm losing my big brother Richard.  We're all losing a friend.  But we're spread out and unable to be there for each other.  If this was happening to one of my friends in town, we'd all be at the hospital together holding each other.  With this situation, all we have are words on a screen, or voices over a phone.

This may sound bad, but I'm glad that the big bosses came into work the past two days, and I had to take down the Brokie pics from my cube.  I don't think I'd be able to get into work on Monday and look at Rich's pics there.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8264 on: July 31, 2010, 03:37:15 pm »
and its hard to explain how you can feel that way about people you dont physically know, to people that just don't understand.

(((Chuck)))

why is it the good guys? why him?

poor lizzie, poor gene and the boys.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8265 on: July 31, 2010, 03:40:49 pm »
((((((((((((((((Chuck))))))))))))))))

It's not only parentheses.  It's real hugs.  So there.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8266 on: July 31, 2010, 04:00:07 pm »
and its hard to explain how you can feel that way about people you dont physically know, to people that just don't understand.

(((Chuck)))

why is it the good guys? why him?

poor lizzie, poor gene and the boys.

This just goes to reinforce the lesson I learned when my mother died: Never, EVER pass up the opportunity to say "I love you" to someone you care about, because you never know when you might lose the possibility of saying it to him or her again.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #8267 on: July 31, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »
Stay strong, Chuck. Love you.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8268 on: July 31, 2010, 04:14:13 pm »
Hiya friends.

Today it's really hit me how much the internet is a blessing as well as a curse.

The internet is what connected me to all of you, to my fellow "Brokies".  It broadened my horizons, and expanded my social circle by tenfold, if not more.

It got me to meet you face to face, to see your smiles, share laughs and tears and hugs.

But there is a dark side as well.  Because it bridges the distance, we can stay in touch, but when something monumental happens, we can't physically be there for each other.

Today I'm losing my big brother Richard.  We're all losing a friend.  But we're spread out and unable to be there for each other.  If this was happening to one of my friends in town, we'd all be at the hospital together holding each other.  With this situation, all we have are words on a screen, or voices over a phone.

This may sound bad, but I'm glad that the big bosses came into work the past two days, and I had to take down the Brokie pics from my cube.  I don't think I'd be able to get into work on Monday and look at Rich's pics there.

I keep staring at the names of all people gathered in the thread. And I keep thinking the same as you. I wish we could be physically together right now.

I'm hugging you in my thoughts, Chuckie. I know how hard this must be on you.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #8269 on: July 31, 2010, 04:40:33 pm »
(((((((( Chuck )))))))))

Wishing you all the strength you need right now

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre