Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2599211 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3890 on: February 15, 2008, 04:03:44 pm »

And, on the topic of the word "dyke"... I think the issue of trying to "re-claim" the "c-word" is much the same.  Although, I think "dyke" is much less offensive to begin with.  Anyone who's familiar with the phenomenon of "Dyke March" pride parades will know that lots of lesbians have no problem at all with that word when using it themselves.  I've actually participated in two Dyke Marches in Philly in the past.  If a homophobic person uses the word "dyke" it's entirely a different matter, of course.

I see the reclaimation in the Vagina Monologues, which I have seen on DVD, and I could see the same thing being done offering our testamonies, in an effort to reclaim our place at the table, our personhoods, the name Queer, which I am actually quite forn of, now that no one has called me that in years and I have had time to think about it.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3891 on: February 15, 2008, 04:25:15 pm »

For those of you who haven't seen it.  There are lots of sections of it on Youtube.  You
wont see the entire thing.  But there is enough of it for people to get the idea of it.  I think
they are mostly from college productions.

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3892 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:06 pm »
I am sorry to hear about the horse you all lost. How old was she? Was she the Dessage horse?

I would hate to think about having to bury one, but I know you all have the equiptment to do it.

Strange how today everthing seems tied together.

You know there must be a lot of people with genital herpies. I can remember in the early 80s it was a big deal that got overshadowed by HIV. What always gets me is the conditions they put on the use of the product in those commercials. "Do not use is you have liver or kidney diease, nursing or expecting to be come pregnant or if you have open mouth sores, advanced HIV diease or the gout. Women should avoid handling the drug, Inform your doctor if you have ever had sex with more than 12 people in a 24 hour period....."

Donna was pretty old. She had a good life so I'm not too broken up over it.
Now maybe we can train Dancer. Donna was his Mamma and he was a Mammas boy. If he couldn't seeher he would go nuts.
COuldn't do a damn thing with him.

As to the herpes thing. It is said by the CDC that 1 in 4 sexually active people over the age of 12 have genital herpes. Some are asymptomatic and spread that shit all over.  :o
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3893 on: February 15, 2008, 08:13:45 pm »
"Inform your doctor if you have ever had sex with more than 12 people in a 24 hour period....."

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Maybe he'll give you a medal, or sumpin'. ...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3894 on: February 15, 2008, 08:25:01 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3895 on: February 15, 2008, 08:35:49 pm »
You know there must be a lot of people with genital herpies. I can remember in the early 80s it was a big deal that got overshadowed by HIV. What always gets me is the conditions they put on the use of the product in those commercials. "Do not use is you have liver or kidney diease, nursing or expecting to be come pregnant or if you have open mouth sores, advanced HIV diease or the gout. Women should avoid handling the drug, Inform your doctor if you have ever had sex with more than 12 people in a 24 hour period....."
----------------------------------------------------

Holy shit.  12 people in a 24 hr period.  Talk about gettin busy???        :-\ :-\

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #3896 on: February 15, 2008, 09:27:29 pm »
Dyke I think is perfectly okay for lesbians to call themselves, but I am hesitant to use it. Kind of like African American and the version of the "N" word.

Dick is the word I was thinking about.

DooDoo I see nothing wrong with at all. My neice and nephews, then they were chaps, loved that word. And shit everyone uses the "S" word all the time. It is the irst word uttered in the movie version of BBM.

no they don't!!!

>:( >:( ;)

moremojo

« Reply #3897 on: February 15, 2008, 09:51:30 pm »
And shit everyone uses the "S" word all the time. It is the irst word uttered in the movie version of BBM.
Wow...I've seen the film more than five times, yet your post made me "conscious" of this fact for the first time! I'd always had this perception of the movie's dialogue beginning with grumpy Aguirre, but you're absolutely right that the very first word we hear is uttered by grumpy Jack, and it's sure enough the tried and true "Shit!".

Anyone now notice that both the first and last words heard in the movie begin with the letter 'S'? Coincidence?

injest

« Reply #3898 on: February 15, 2008, 10:11:46 pm »
you are comparing NOT cussing to homophobia???

injest

« Reply #3899 on: February 15, 2008, 10:56:07 pm »
no they don't!!!

>:( >:( ;)

I left out the:

:laugh: ;)