Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 942091 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Dream Interpretation
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:05:46 pm »
Anyone good at it?

I rarely remember my dreams, so that is why these dreams are rather surprising because not only do I remember them, they're also what is called repetitive dreams.  I'm dreaming of the same thing.

The first series - one I've dreamt of once a year off and on my entire life - is about snakes.  Usually I'm alone in some wilderness place, climbing a cliff or walking through a rocky field when suddenly - despite no warning - I realize I'm surrounded by snakes.  Not Indiana Jones style, but one here and there as far as the eye can see all around me.

I don't have a phobia about snakes, but if I can go my whole life and not see them in the wild, it would be OK with me.

For an instant, I'm scared and I freeze.  But the fear passes.  I know if I am cautious, the snakes won't bother me and I go on.

The next series is stranger, IMO.

First of all, I'm not married and have never much wanted to be except in an abstract way when I was much younger.  I'm not very domestic and pretty independent of my family (e.g. the thought of calling my mother or sister daily just to 'talk' or 'check in' is alien to me).

Last year I went through a month where I dreamed - at least once a week - that I was at my own wedding.  It was an arranged wedding, meaning I didn't know who I was marrying and I hadn't planned any of it and it was a complete surprise to me.

But my family was there and had taken care of all the details.  I was literally at the church, looking at all the arrangements and people gathering in a slow kind of panic.  Protesting all the way, I was put into a gown, handed some flowers and dragged to the church aisle and then...I woke up.

This year, last week and now this week, I've dreamed again that I am getting ready for my own wedding.  Again, it's unexpected and unplanned, but this time, my family is nowhere in sight, I've my friends (people in my dream that I recognize as 'friends' but who aren't my friends in real life) around and I'm in some grand place - not a church - a place like some European country estate.  Again, I don't know my groom personally, but throughout these dreams, I'm trying to get some private time to talk to him and get to know him because this time, I don't seem to mind getting married despite the suddenness of the event.  I'm not going 'yes yes yes I want to be married!' I'm just passively going along.

But I never get any time alone with my groom to talk to him.  Again, the wedding is all arranged, people are attending festivities, but the deed never gets done.

Another difference is I actually see my groom in these dreams and they're both Hollywood hunks.  I can't recall my first dream groom, but tonight's dream groom was Hugh Jackman.  :-*

Most dream interpretation books either discuss marriages or weddings where the bride is an active willing participant, but say nothing about weddings where the bride is unwilling or impassive.

Anyone willing to take a stab at these?

mvansand76

Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 02:08:38 pm »
Hey!
This seems like a great thread for the new forum How We Live! Can I move it there?
Mel

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 02:33:35 pm »
Hey!
This seems like a great thread for the new forum How We Live! Can I move it there?
Mel

Go right ahead.  I didn't know where to put this.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 05:08:55 pm »
Anyone good at it?

I rarely remember my dreams, so that is why these dreams are rather surprising because not only do I remember them, they're also what is called repetitive dreams.  I'm dreaming of the same thing.

The first series - one I've dreamt of once a year off and on my entire life - is about snakes.  Usually I'm alone in some wilderness place, climbing a cliff or walking through a rocky field when suddenly - despite no warning - I realize I'm surrounded by snakes.  Not Indiana Jones style, but one here and there as far as the eye can see all around me.

I don't have a phobia about snakes, but if I can go my whole life and not see them in the wild, it would be OK with me.

For an instant, I'm scared and I freeze.  But the fear passes.  I know if I am cautious, the snakes won't bother me and I go on.

The next series is stranger, IMO.

First of all, I'm not married and have never much wanted to be except in an abstract way when I was much younger.  I'm not very domestic and pretty independent of my family (e.g. the thought of calling my mother or sister daily just to 'talk' or 'check in' is alien to me).

Last year I went through a month where I dreamed - at least once a week - that I was at my own wedding.  It was an arranged wedding, meaning I didn't know who I was marrying and I hadn't planned any of it and it was a complete surprise to me.

But my family was there and had taken care of all the details.  I was literally at the church, looking at all the arrangements and people gathering in a slow kind of panic.  Protesting all the way, I was put into a gown, handed some flowers and dragged to the church aisle and then...I woke up.

This year, last week and now this week, I've dreamed again that I am getting ready for my own wedding.  Again, it's unexpected and unplanned, but this time, my family is nowhere in sight, I've my friends (people in my dream that I recognize as 'friends' but who aren't my friends in real life) around and I'm in some grand place - not a church - a place like some European country estate.  Again, I don't know my groom personally, but throughout these dreams, I'm trying to get some private time to talk to him and get to know him because this time, I don't seem to mind getting married despite the suddenness of the event.  I'm not going 'yes yes yes I want to be married!' I'm just passively going along.

But I never get any time alone with my groom to talk to him.  Again, the wedding is all arranged, people are attending festivities, but the deed never gets done.

Another difference is I actually see my groom in these dreams and they're both Hollywood hunks.  I can't recall my first dream groom, but tonight's dream groom was Hugh Jackman.  :-*

Most dream interpretation books either discuss marriages or weddings where the bride is an active willing participant, but say nothing about weddings where the bride is unwilling or impassive.

Anyone willing to take a stab at these?

You know I have no idea about this one but I sure wish I had kept the website address I had for a dream site I came across over a year ago.

I had this extremely vivid dream about my ex boyfriend - I was giving birth in hospital - and he was called from work to come to the hospital. He arrived wearing a suit.

Now he was and is still a postman so I think in the almost 6 years I was with him I saw him in a suit about twice - so this was pretty unusual and so something that stood out in the dream. 

I found this site I was talking about and it was pretty accurate actually.

Obviously giving birth is about a new beginning..

Seperately it said seeing an ex in a hospital was about letting go to the relationship. And there was also some quite accurate relevance about him wearing a suit too.

I will do a reckie and see if I can find it.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 05:28:38 pm »
haha!

I googled "dream suit hospital ex boyfriend" and the website was the first hit! Thanks google!!!

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/e2.htm

To dream that you see your ex-boyfriend dressed in a suit at a hospital, suggests that you have come to terms with that relationship and have completed the healing process.

I typed in marriage to the same website - you can have a look yourself, but some relevant things it did say was.....

http://www.dreammoods.com

To dream that you are planning your own wedding to someone you never met, is a metaphor symbolizing the union of your masculine and feminine side. It represents a transitional phase where you are seeking some sort of balance between your aggressive side and emotional side.

To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life.� Dreams involving weddings are generally negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. It often refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death.� Alternatively, wedding dreams reflect your issues about commitment and independence�

To see a marriage in your dream, signifies commitment, harmony or transitional period. You are undergoing an important developmental phase in your life. The dream may also represent the unification of formerly separate or opposite aspects of yourself. In particular, it is the union of masculine or feminine aspects of yourself.�Consider the qualities and characteristics of the person that you are marrying. These are the qualities that you need to look at incorporating within yourself.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 05:41:20 pm by Kelda »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 05:39:03 pm »

This would be a dream I wouldn't mind having over and over again! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 07:35:12 pm »
This would be a dream I wouldn't mind having over and over again! LOL

L

It would have been had I been able to get a second alone with him!!  Throughout the dream, it was him at a distance or surrounded by other people during the festivities, riding to hounds, taking last minute fittings, waving and smiling at me, "Hello darling!", but me never getting within a hand's breadth of him, dammitall!  :P

:D

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 07:38:05 pm »
haha!

I googled "dream suit hospital ex boyfriend" and the website was the first hit! Thanks google!!!

Jeez, it must have been a strange dream for google to snatch it up the first time!

I typed in marriage to the same website - you can have a look yourself, but some relevant things it did say was.....

http://www.dreammoods.com

Thanks Kelda, I'll go look.  Again, I think what is happening in my dreams is a significant difference from what most sites tell you

e.g.

I'm NOT planning the wedding and it's a wedding that's happening, not a marriage and the ceremony never actually takes place.

moremojo

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 07:51:47 pm »
I had an interesting dream last night. Perhaps inspired by the recent talk of a musical version of BBM starring Hugh Jackman and James Marsden, I dreamt that I was rewatching the film, but instead of ending as it does in real life, the concluding scene showed Ennis reunited with Jack in death, with Jack welcoming his beloved with a song of love. He sang, in a smooth and melodious voice, a song many would recognize (I did myself), but whose artist and title elude me now. He sang of how Ennis had been what he had been waiting for "all of my life". And then the men embraced in a tender kiss framed by a glowing red sunset.

As I wrote to a friend earlier, it sounds awfully trite, but it seemed, felt so right in my dream. As if this was the way it was supposed to happen, did happen.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 07:54:58 pm »

very interesting!!!!

Beautiful mind