Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8896209 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8780 on: September 27, 2010, 05:04:07 pm »
I've also decided how to decorate the company Christmas tree this year.  Each year I put the tree up, decorate it, and take it down.  And each year no one helps me, but people complain about where it is and how it looks.

So this year I've decided that I'll put it in a new location where everyone can see it, but it's not in the way.  This location just opened up because we moved some file cabinets around.  As for decorations......I've decided to let my inner brokie have fun, and it will be a western themed tree this year.  Small ornaments shaped like horses will be on the tree, as will be small red, brown and black cowboy hats.  A large cowboy hat will sit on top of the tree, and I'll use rope for the garland.

So there!

:laugh:

And yes, I'll take pics once it's up.  I always put up the tree the Friday after Thanksgiving.

:laugh:

So there!

Yes, I've always noticed that you do all the work on that tree, so I think this year you deserve to have it your way.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8781 on: September 27, 2010, 05:07:19 pm »
Good afternoon, Chuck.

It really was a great weekend.  I thoroughly enjoyed my little piece of it on Saturday at dinner, and would have liked to spend more time with people.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8782 on: September 28, 2010, 02:06:33 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone today?

Working on a project here at work, and I'll reply back once it's done.

It's Brokie related.  LOL   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8783 on: September 28, 2010, 02:36:02 pm »
Sounds intriguing.   :D
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8784 on: September 28, 2010, 04:03:06 pm »
There is more than one way to skin a cat!   

My cube is full of "Brokie pics" from various gatherings.  I love that I can see my Brokie friends each day.

Well about a month or so ago, we had a "big boss" coming in, so I had to take down all the pics to make the cube look neater.  Official policy is that we should limit the amount of personal pics up.  After he left, my immediate bosses told me I could put them back up, and it took forever.

Well, when I returned to work from London and Rome, I saw the pics were down again.  Apparently another boss was visiting while I was away, and they needed to have the cubes look neat.  Again, I was told I could put them back up.

Today I spent a part of the day reprinting the pics that were damaged in the moves.  This time, I got smart, and attached them all to posterboard, and used thumbtacks to put the posterboards to the walls of the cube.  Now, if someone comes in, I can simply pull the poster boards out, and store them flat until the "big bosses" are gone, and simply replace the posterboards with all the pics at once.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8785 on: September 28, 2010, 05:18:30 pm »
Ah, a good idea, Chuck.

I'm sorry that the pictures got damaged in the move in the first place, but this does seem to take care of the situaion.  Very smart.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8786 on: September 29, 2010, 08:17:48 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

I'm sitting in a clean cube with my Brokie pics back where they belong.  ;D

Oh, and since I have a webcam, I'm debating doing a video for YouTube.

If you haven't heard, there's a movement called "It Gets Better", started  by Dan Savage.  Spurred on by the suicide of 15 year-old Billy Lucas (who killed himself after years of being bullied for being gay) Dan posted a video on YouTube about how life gets better for gay people as you get older.

A few more videos have been posted in response, all from members of the GLBTI community.

Of course, this morning, I found a video by some moron called "It gets worse" and he goes on to spout his "truth".  ::)  Oh, and the coward disabled the reply function.

::)

I'm debating going home tonight to do my own video and posting it on you tube.

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8787 on: September 29, 2010, 10:02:14 am »
Good morning, Chuck.

Best of luck to you if you decide to make a video.  You'd have some good things to say.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #8788 on: September 29, 2010, 10:05:05 am »
Would love to see what you have to say Chuck. It was great seeing you and the Brokies this weekend  :) :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8789 on: September 29, 2010, 11:26:10 am »
Yes, I'd love to hear your take.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/