Author Topic: Christmas Trees!! Multi Color Twinkle Lights or One Single Color?  (Read 10947 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
And while we're at it, what colors do you use on your tree? I have seen white trees with blue ornaments and lights, white trees with red ornamants and lights, white trees with mulitcolor ornaments and lights, green trees with only one color, and green trees with many colors!  :D

All of them always look very pretty.

I use multicolor lights and ornaments on my tree. I use many twinkle lights (I like my Christmas tree to have LOTS of lights. I have 15 strings of 100 lights for my 7 1/2 foot tree!) and I use both the glass ornaments and wooden ornaments of many shapes and colors. Many of these ornaments are many YEARS old, and they came from many different countries and states. I don't use tinsel on my tree. I tuck shiny ribbon in the tree instead. Last year I used very shiny red, almost metallic (but not quite) type ribbon about 2 inches wide. This year I'm thinking about using blue ribbon. I top my tree with an angel my parents bought in Europe on one of their trips.  :D

Now tell me about your Christmas tree!!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: Christmas Trees!! Multi Color Twinkle Lights or One Single Color?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 06:02:41 pm »
Oh, and I only allow two strings of lights to twinkle. Each bulb twinkles independently of the others, so they are truly "twinkling" and not flashing on and off (I hate that). But with the other 13 strings burning steadily, the twinkling is barely noticeable. :D

I like to do unusual things with my tree. I have 6 "bird in nest" ornaments I tuck in the branches. They are not even Christams ornaments really. I bought them at a craft store. One is a bluebird in the nest, another is a cardinal in the nest, and I'm not sure what the other birds are. One is purple, and another is light blue. Yellow and pink round out the remaining two birds in the nests.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:04:38 pm »
I very much like old tradition decorations, so if I celebrated with a Yule tree, the only lights that would look good on it would be single color lights in white or yellow - to imitate candlelight.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:18:38 pm »
I very much like old tradition decorations, so if I celebrated with a Yule tree, the only lights that would look good on it would be single color lights in white or yellow - to imitate candlelight.

Yes, that would look very much like candlelight, especially if you used mostly yellow, with a little white mixed in. That would look very pretty. :)

I once had a small 4 foot table top tree, and I decorated it in pastel colors (purple, light purple, pale green, beige, dusty rose, etc...) back when these pastel colors were popular; in the 1980's and early '90s I think. I used mostly white lights, and some pink lights too. The lights did not twinkle. I also used some chains of clear glass beads for the "tinsel" and they really made that little tree shimmer. They looked like diamonds and each bead caught the light and threw it around the room.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:23 pm »
Come on all you Christmas people! I know you're out there!!

Take the poll and tell us about your tree and what kinds of lights you use on them!  :D

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:50:05 pm »
We have lots and lots of white twinkle lights and we have the kind that go independent of each other so the tree just sparkles.  But we have tons of ornaments from glass balls and old mercury glass that belonged to my grandmother and came from Germany to modern Hallmark ornaments.  We also have been given back every ornament Bob and I ever made in school growing up...some of them are a disaster but they are wonderful and we hang them all!  We use gold and silver garland and strings of colored beads, 3 dozen hand crocheted white snowflakes, red bows and we have an angel on the top.  And I hide birds in the tree too David!
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:59:54 pm »

Wow a simple, calm just anyone can get it right question..  I finally found my niche

I will come back later to describe my tree decor.. i have a headache right now...just got back from the
   eye doctor.....

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:16:36 pm »
at the mo my tree is white lights with pastel  & silver colours!

I quite like a colour them - but given I've only had my own house to decorate for 3 xmases - this will be my 4th - I'm still building up on my xmas decorations.. the first year  I had a ber eminimum as I was so skint after buying the house. 
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 08:10:27 pm »
I voted both because when I see the Christmas lights around my neighborhood, I love them -- it doesn't matter what color they are. I think they are all pretty!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 03:41:40 am »
I voted 'Other'. No way I would ever put twinkling lights up my tree (or somewhere else for that matter).
The lights on my tree are yellowish-white and look like candles:

I would never put any other lights on my tree. I'm very fond of my Christmas tree lights, they are very old. My father bought them for my first Christmas when I was a baby. They are a heirloom and I cherish them.

The last few years, my kids persuaded me to put smaller, colored lights around the front windows:

At first I hated them, but meanwhile they grew on me.