Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636045 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7960 on: September 10, 2008, 01:33:24 am »
Yes 'Apotheke' is a drug store or pharmacy.

This reminds me of the pharmacy in Canmore, Canada. I needed strong painkillers last year after being kicked by that dumb ass horse and sent my husband to the pharmacy. Turns out the pharmacy was located in the supermarket and the pharmacist told my husband to just take a box of pills of the shelf.

:o

You can't get medicines over here like that. Even nonprescription drugs are only available in the pharmacy and you have to ask for them. There's always a pharmacist who will give you your medication and give to advice on how to take whatever pills you've asked for.

You got kicked by a horse in Canada Fabienne? OUCH!!!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7961 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:28 am »
It sometimes seems weird to me when I think it is so dark here, and yet the sun is up where you are. It just reminds me of how big the earth really is, even though it sometimes seems like you are next door to me because of the Internet. :)

Ain't that the truth!

Yes 'Apotheke' is a drug store or pharmacy.

This reminds me of the pharmacy in Canmore, Canada. I needed strong painkillers last year after being kicked by that dumb ass horse and sent my husband to the pharmacy. Turns out the pharmacy was located in the supermarket and the pharmacist told my husband to just take a box of pills of the shelf.

:o

You can't get medicines over here like that. Even nonprescription drugs are only available in the pharmacy and you have to ask for them. There's always a pharmacist who will give you your medication and give to advice on how to take whatever pills you've asked for.

*nods along*

Same here.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7962 on: September 10, 2008, 01:49:59 am »
You got kicked by a horse in Canada Fabienne? OUCH!!!

Yes, when we went up on Moose Mountain. I got kicked in the knee. Very painful! (It's all better now, but it did ruin my bbq date with Chrissi in August  :-\)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7963 on: September 10, 2008, 01:51:42 am »
Night, David!

I don't know what's going on with my feet. Swollen feet are not a typical occurrence for me and when it happens after a plane trip, it usually clears up pretty quick. Now I am going on 4 days. Hmmmm....

Fabienne, I wonder what sort of "pretty strong" painkillers they were selling. In the US, about the strongest thing you can get without a prescription (OTC, over the counter) is extra-strength Tylenol. Yes, they sell stuff without a pharmacist's assistance but it's not an opioid or anything like that.

Oh, and Fabienne, do you have an early weather report for the weekend? I am wondering what sort of clothes to bring.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7964 on: September 10, 2008, 10:00:25 am »
Night, David!

I don't know what's going on with my feet. Swollen feet are not a typical occurrence for me and when it happens after a plane trip, it usually clears up pretty quick. Now I am going on 4 days. Hmmmm....

Fabienne, I wonder what sort of "pretty strong" painkillers they were selling. In the US, about the strongest thing you can get without a prescription (OTC, over the counter) is extra-strength Tylenol. Yes, they sell stuff without a pharmacist's assistance but it's not an opioid or anything like that.

Oh, and Fabienne, do you have an early weather report for the weekend? I am wondering what sort of clothes to bring.

L

O.K you might feel silly doing this, but it does work.Raise your feet above the level of your heart, which allows the natural heart circulation to work more easily and start to pump round the excess.You shoul rest, for a time after walking and should not walk too much until the swelling starts to subside.
The other alternative is to put on, and they are not the height of fashion I am afraid, the very thick surgical support tights.The compression helps to start pumping the fluid back round again.
I had to fly not long after a hysterectomy, and had to wear the very same high fashion supports.Deep joy.As sson as the plane landed,I was in the toilet removing them !!!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7965 on: September 10, 2008, 10:16:52 am »
Hello everyone!  How are you all today?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7966 on: September 10, 2008, 11:21:12 am »
Hello everyone!  How are you all today?

Hey Chuck. I'm fine, a bit tired though. I got up at 5.30 am this morning. I couldn't sleep so I decided to do the ironing instead.  :-\

How are you?  :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7967 on: September 10, 2008, 11:23:21 am »
Leslie, you might want to bring a sweater and an umbrella. We're having what we call 'kwakkel' weather, meaning sunshine, clouds and possibly some showers. It won't be any warmer than 20°C. I'm hoping that the forecasters have gotten it completely wrong.  >:(

Offline optom3

« Reply #7968 on: September 10, 2008, 11:31:13 am »
Well its monsoon weather here today.I guess it must be the edges of Ike.

Do any Bettermostians live in Texas ? It looks like they could take a really bad battering around Saturday.

I seem to remember some here are from that state.

In an effort to save money, I no longer use my dryer, so put all the washing out to dry on the sunloungers, and hey ho torrential rain while I am out doing the school bus run.They are now more wet than before.

Half of them are filthy as well, because the puppy, broke through one of the many holes she has made in the lanaii, while I was out.Had a good roll round in the mud, then jumped on the loungers to have another roll around.

I know it was her, because she had guilty stamped all over her.!!!!! That and she is being extra nice to me at the moment.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7969 on: September 10, 2008, 12:02:47 pm »
Hey Chuck. I'm fine, a bit tired though. I got up at 5.30 am this morning. I couldn't sleep so I decided to do the ironing instead.  :-\

How are you?  :)

sorry to hear about the bad sleep!  I hate it when that happens!

I'm ok!   Work keeps me busy, but otherwise I'm good!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!