Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4622624 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8650 on: November 03, 2008, 11:04:34 pm »

lmao!  It's a typo i quoted from your post.  Go back to yours about booking the train tickets.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What typo?  ;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8651 on: November 04, 2008, 06:26:34 am »
Morning all,

37 degrees this morning and dark right now. I'm up early...I didn't sleep well. Sigh...

Election day is finally here! Make sure to vote, if you haven't already.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8652 on: November 04, 2008, 10:13:13 am »
So, our polls opened at 7 a.m. My polling place is my church, just around the corner from my condo. I left home at 7:00. Took me 1 hr 10 min till I voted. I was number 142 in my division. I didn't know we had that many registered voters in the division.  :laugh:

Still made it into work only a half-hour late.

On another note, I think the fall foliage peak is only just now hitting the city of Philadelphia. Trees in the neighborhood where I work are now just glorious!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8653 on: November 04, 2008, 10:37:37 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What typo?  ;)  ;D

You just think you're so smart, doncha?   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8654 on: November 04, 2008, 10:41:15 am »
Sorry I haven't been around as much lately. I've gotten very busy on another forum: www.kindleboards.com In fact, I'm a global moderator over there now.

Once a mod, always a mod!  ;D  Who'da thought there's enough to say about Kindle to do a whole board? But then, a lot of people would probably think that about Brokeback Mountain, LOL. Anyway, I'm curious about those little gizmos, so I will check out the board.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8655 on: November 04, 2008, 10:54:03 am »
Once a mod, always a mod!  ;D  Who'da thought there's enough to say about Kindle to do a whole board? But then, a lot of people would probably think that about Brokeback Mountain, LOL. Anyway, I'm curious about those little gizmos, so I will check out the board.

Hey Katherine, I'd love to have you drop in for a visit, ask questions, whatever. And believe you me, it is an active and talkative group! LOL People are Kindle-passionate, that's for sure~

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8656 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:37 am »

This is all very fascinating to me.  I'm embarassed to say that I'd never heard of the term "Kindle" until just now!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8657 on: November 04, 2008, 11:13:36 am »
This is all very fascinating to me.  I'm embarassed to say that I'd never heard of the term "Kindle" until just now!

Amanda, something tells me that you would love a Kindle, if you had a chance to use it for a little bit...

Louise and I each have one. I don't know about anyone else here at Bettermost. I know Mariez is interested. Fabienne would love one but they are not sold in Europe (yet).

L

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8658 on: November 04, 2008, 11:23:17 am »
I know I've asked you this before, Leslie, but I can't remember what you said. I should probably just go to your board and see. But while we're on the subject: If you lose or wreck your Kindle, does Amazon keep a record of what books you've bought so you can download them onto a new Kindle without having to buy them all over again?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8659 on: November 04, 2008, 11:28:52 am »
I know I've asked you this before, Leslie, but I can't remember what you said. I should probably just go to your board and see. But while we're on the subject: If you lose or wreck your Kindle, does Amazon keep a record of what books you've bought so you can download them onto a new Kindle without having to buy them all over again?

Yes. All your Amazon purchases are stored in Your Media Library and can be downloaded to your Kindle ad infinitum. If you get books from other sources, you will want to make a local backup on your computer so you will have copies.

L