Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4631006 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2610 on: February 13, 2007, 01:37:18 pm »
Irked by airport security, man strips off pants

A German tourist faces up to six years in a Philippines jail after he angrily stripped off his pants to protest what he apparently thought was overzealous security at the Manila airport. "Hans Jurgen Oskar von Naguschewski, 66, performed the impromptu strip after being asked to go through the X-ray machine twice at Manila airport," the BBC writes. "Authorities were not amused," The Associated Press reports. "Instead of boarding his flight to Frankfurt," the BBC says von Naguschewski "was detained by police and is due in court" today. He could be sentenced to between six months and six years in prison. "He must have been annoyed that he was asked to walk through the X-ray twice so he took off his pants," the local press quotes airport security chief Angel Atutubo as saying. Adds police superintendent Atilano Morad: "He actually didn't say much, unlike Filipino passengers who would talk a lot. He [von Naguschewski] was clearly irked and he showed it by disrobing."

*This has actually happened to me at my Airport.  I had to hand wand an old man who only spoke spanish.   I told his son who was translating to tell his father that his belt buckle caused an alarm and I need to check it.   The old man unbuckled, dropped his pants and stood there in his boxers with his hands up in the air!    I was like "NO! pull em up!  pull em up!"   

He was obviously confused and frustrated, but once we got him to quickly pull his pants back up, his son and I had a laugh and finished the process so they could get to their flight.   He didn't get arrested.   Although if he dropped his boxers too, then he could have been arrested for indecent exposure.    The above article doesn't state whether he exposed himself or not.

Sometimes a girl with a pierced nipple will pull up her top to show it to us if it sets off the metal detector.   That is a big no-no too.   The Airport Police will arrest them real fast if they see that.   

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Mile High Club
« Reply #2611 on: February 13, 2007, 01:38:12 pm »
Qantas suspends attendant over celebrity 'mile-high club' dispute

Qantas suspended one of its flight attendants without pay after she was accused of joining the "mile high club" with actor Ralph Fiennes. The Daily Mail of London writes that "other crew members" on the Jan. 24 flight from Darwin, Australia, to Mumbai claim the attendant in question "had a seven-mile-high fling in business class with The English Patient star. But she insists he followed her into the small cubicle where, with the door locked, she repelled his advances."

I don't believe this.

Surely Ralph Fiennes would be flying First Class, not Business.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

Re: Mile High Club
« Reply #2612 on: February 13, 2007, 01:50:56 pm »
I don't believe this.

Surely Ralph Fiennes would be flying First Class, not Business.  :laugh:

LOL,  Good point.   But, on some airlines, like Delta for example,  Business Class Elite is their version of First Class on the Boeing 777 trans-Atlantic service.

I was in Business Class Elite on my London flight in row 2.    Big fold flat seats with personal video monitors and 5 course meals.    Other than row 1, the only people in front of us were the Pilot and co-pilot.   I don't know why they call it Business Class Elite and not First Class.      I've been in First Class seats on other planes that were far less luxurious.

Offline David

« Reply #2613 on: February 13, 2007, 02:13:41 pm »
Congrats Garry on reaching

5000 posts!

Offline David

« Reply #2614 on: February 13, 2007, 08:16:27 pm »
Since I'll be busy tomorrow shovelling Snow, here is the Full 1000+ list a little early.

injest                 9,527   
  Lucise                6,177   
  Garry_LH            5,000   
  MaineWriter        4,717   
  Front-Ranger       4,457   

louisev                3,333   
  DavidinHartford    3,216 

Ellemeno            2,953   
  David925            2,737   
  Fran                   2,677   
  Pipedream           2,534   
  ednbarby            2,463   
  latjoreme            2,371   
  Jeff Wrangler       2,304   
  Toast                  2,166   
  Sheriff Roland       2,042   

Meryl                  1,933   
  Lynne                 1,789   
  Memento            1,705   
  wdj                    1,638   
  YaadPyar             1,571   
  Bigheart              1,524   
  southendmd        1,457   
  jpwagoneer1964  1,435   
  Arad-3                1,419   
  moremojo           1,413   
  Phillip                 1,349   
  atz75                 1,319   
  Katie77              1,307   
  twistedude         1,283   
  Daniel                 1,267   
  delalluvia             1,255   
  opinionista           1,248   
  littleguitar            1,246   
  shakestheground  1,233   
  dot-matrix           1,221   
  mvansand76        1,163   
  wyomen             1,156   
  DeeDee              1,149   
  coffeecat33         1,137   
  wulfar360            1,133   
  starboardlight       1,119   
  kelda_shelton       1,093   
  Mikaela                1,079   
  cmr107               1,046   
  Ray                     1,040   
  saucycobblers       1,038   
  RouxB                  1,036   

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2615 on: February 14, 2007, 07:29:44 am »
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!
 :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don't worry if you don't have a partner. I don't either! They should call it Friendship Day, as they did in my High School.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #2616 on: February 14, 2007, 07:40:10 am »
Indeed!   Everyone give yourself a big hug this morning!

Our Nor'Easter is turning into a Sleet and Ice storm.    There looks to be an inch or so of accumilation outside, but I can hear the ice pelting the house.    The Airport is closed this morning, but is expected to open before my shift starts.    It looks like it is going to be a very slippery drive in.    :P

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2617 on: February 14, 2007, 07:42:16 am »
Indeed!   Everyone give yourself a big hug this morning!

Our Nor'Easter is turning into a Sleet and Ice storm.    There looks to be an inch or so of accumilation outside, but I can hear the ice pelting the house.    The Airport is closed this morning, but is expected to open before my shift starts.    It looks like it is going to be a very slippery drive in.    :P

Can't you take alternate transportation? Bus or tain for example? It'll probably be safer, I think. Then again, they put salt on roads, don't they?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #2618 on: February 14, 2007, 07:56:28 am »
Can't you take alternate transportation? Bus or tain for example? It'll probably be safer, I think. Then again, they put salt on roads, don't they?

Train?  That would be awsome!    But unfortunately we don't have one here that runs to the Airport.     For that matter, the Rail system here in very limited.     Very few cities in the US have a public transportation system like in Europe.       Americans love their cars and shun buses and trains.   And we do pay the price when the weather turns bad, not to mention congested highways and increased pollution.

I wish there was a Train that ran from downtown to the Airport.  It probably would be too expensive to use all the time, but would come in handy in bad weather.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2619 on: February 14, 2007, 09:29:44 am »
Happy Friendship Day! I like that, Natali.

It is snowing here. All the schools are closed and I get to say home for the day. Hooray! I slept in (8 am is LATE for me) and I am going to take it easy today. My goal is to do some fanfic writing and catch up on drabbles. But first, a shower and breakfast.

And for anyone who cares, it is 11 degrees.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!