Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4633397 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5800 on: January 17, 2008, 09:11:34 am »
Oh my goodness is that your driveway just now David?

I snapped that picture Monday morning.     It looks pretty much the same today other than I shoveled the driveway.   Oh, and the snow on the branches has fallen to the ground.

injest

« Reply #5801 on: January 17, 2008, 09:19:04 am »
I snapped that picture Monday morning.     It looks pretty much the same today other than I shoveled the driveway.   Oh, and the snow on the branches has fallen to the ground.

I like your lil ol garage....especially that red door!

Offline David

« Reply #5802 on: January 17, 2008, 09:56:12 am »
Thanks.  :)       That was a selling point for me.   The house had a fireplace, a garage and the property backed up to the woods.   I knew I wanted it right then.     

Of course I really need a 3 car garage!  LOL.    As you can see there is one of my old cars under a cover, another old one in the garage and the new one sitting out in the snow.

I asked around how much a new car garage costs.   The average price?   $25,000 to $30,000 dollars!    :o 
And that was just for a two car garage!     

Even if I could afford it, the lot is too narrow for a 3 car garage.   Then again.....less lawn to cut.  Hmmm......

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5803 on: January 17, 2008, 12:45:25 pm »
Greetings!  :)

Weather Report  here in Edmonton:

*  Temperature: -7 deg C.  Feels Like: -14
    * Wind: N 19km/h
    * Sunrise: 8:40
    * Sunset: 16:47
    * Relative Humidity: 86%

* Tonight:   -17°C ;  Light snow;  Winds: 10km/h;  Variable cloudiness

injest

« Reply #5804 on: January 17, 2008, 08:51:32 pm »
Thanks.  :)       That was a selling point for me.   The house had a fireplace, a garage and the property backed up to the woods.   I knew I wanted it right then.     

Of course I really need a 3 car garage!  LOL.    As you can see there is one of my old cars under a cover, another old one in the garage and the new one sitting out in the snow.

I asked around how much a new car garage costs.   The average price?   $25,000 to $30,000 dollars!    :o 
And that was just for a two car garage!     

Even if I could afford it, the lot is too narrow for a 3 car garage.   Then again.....less lawn to cut.  Hmmm......

well what about a car port?? or is that too redneck? it would at least keep some of the weather off!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5805 on: January 18, 2008, 08:12:13 am »
Morning all,

35 degrees and slushy. We are having what the weathermen like to call "a wintry mix." Yuck is what I say...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #5806 on: January 18, 2008, 10:27:22 am »
Sorry it's late!

Fridays Top Ten List!     ;D

injest  23381
Garry_LH  11245
MaineWriter  10253
dot-matrix  9212
Front-Ranger  9087

Lucise  8343
David  7828
Ellemeno  7789

Sheriff Roland  6466
Jeff Wrangler  5992

Offline David

« Reply #5807 on: January 18, 2008, 10:37:50 am »
well what about a car port?? or is that too redneck? it would at least keep some of the weather off!

No, not too redneck.   But just not practical in my situation.   The only place I would put it would be next to the garage.    But the garage has some serious carpenter ant issues and really should be rebuilt.    If I am going to have to replace the garage I might as well built a two car sized one.    But then I think...why invest that kind of $$ in this house?  Just buy a new house with a 2 car garage already?

Oh wait......  that costs even more money.   LOL   :laugh:

Sigh... time to buy a lottery ticket.

Meanwhile,  I just got an email from a buddy who wants me to join him on a Cruise.  11 days, fly to London,  take the train to SouthHampton and then back on the new Queen Mary 2 into NewYork City.       A dream cruise for sure!    But alas, I don't have 11 days of time off.   

:o :P :'( :( :-\

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5808 on: January 18, 2008, 03:04:49 pm »
25 degrees here. Brilliantly sunny now, but it's supposed to cloud up and snow this afternoon. I hate January. I'd like to spend the whole month inside, cuddled up in front of the computer.

At least I'm not still in Minneapolis, where it's currently zero (at 1 p.m.), tomorrow's high is minus 1, and they're forecasting single-digit highs for the next five days (that's somewhere around 15 below for you EuroBrokies).

Why, why, why couldn't my parents have raised me somewhere warm, so my entire social network and support system (not counting my online social network!  :laugh:) wouldn't be located in a place that's miserable for approximately a third of the year?

This is the time of year that, when the kids were little, I'd always try to get them to play bears. "Let's hibernate!" I'd say, diving under the covers. They'd go for it, but only for about two minutes.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5809 on: January 18, 2008, 03:33:48 pm »
No, not too redneck.   But just not practical in my situation.   The only place I would put it would be next to the garage.    But the garage has some serious carpenter ant issues and really should be rebuilt.    If I am going to have to replace the garage I might as well built a two car sized one.    But then I think...why invest that kind of $$ in this house?  Just buy a new house with a 2 car garage already?

Oh wait......  that costs even more money.   LOL   :laugh:

Sigh... time to buy a lottery ticket.

Meanwhile,  I just got an email from a buddy who wants me to join him on a Cruise.  11 days, fly to London,  take the train to SouthHampton and then back on the new Queen Mary 2 into NewYork City.       A dream cruise for sure!    But alas, I don't have 11 days of time off.   

:o :P :'( :( :-\

Oh wow, can I go instead.. or si there noooo way you can get those days off?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/