Author Topic: Other than Brokeback..  (Read 10118 times)

dmmb_Mandy

Re: Other than Brokeback..
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 10:58:28 pm »
Moni - you are so right. I've watched several films since BBM and haven't really enjoyed any of 'em. Even while watching Proof, all I thought was "Gwyneth doesn't make for a good Ennis."

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 11:08:42 pm »
Even while watching Proof, all I thought was "Gwyneth doesn't make for a good Ennis."

Tee-hee, I was thinking the same thing!!! The chemistry between Jack and Ennis was a thousand times better than the one between hal and Catherine, although Jake was great in the love scenes with Gwyneth. Come to think about it, Gwyneth never does a good romantic scene, although she can play quite well otherwise. Like a player who never knows how to pass the ball.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 08:43:30 am »

Ray and I agreed that Crash would have been MUCH better if it didn't win the Oscar..

I saw it.  It was a fairly enjoyable film but after an hour, I found myself thinking "oKAY! I get it! Racism = Bad.. please stop punching me in the face with it!!!"

My pick after BBM, would have been Goodnight and Good Luck. David Strathairn is one of the most underrated actors of our time.
Chut up!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 01:05:18 pm »
Even while watching Proof, all I thought was "Gwyneth doesn't make for a good Ennis."

LMAO!!  That's SO true - for ANY of Jake's romantic movies.  He had the best chemistry and most convincing onscreen relationship with Heath!  No contest!!   :D

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 01:34:04 pm »
I voted none, since none of them were my favorite. I didn't see Munich, but finally got around to seeing the others. I like Good Night and Good Luck, but Constant Gardner was my favorite behind BBM. And I like Pride and Prejudice a lot too.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 03:42:18 am »
#tbt
One would think after 7.5 years I would be over my bitterness-ha!
I did manage to watch Crash, Seymour-no love for you buddy. Ummm, what were those others??

O0

Heathen

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 05:12:50 am »
I never did watch any of the other movies.  LOL  I just kept going back to Brokeback.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 11:27:07 am »
I never did watch any of the other movies.  LOL  I just kept going back to Brokeback.

Same here. Even after all the years between, I haven't seen a single one of them. Not out of spite, but out of lack of interest. Albeit Munich probably is worth it.
I remember that after Brokeback, I couldn't watch any other movie for months. :o
Not on TV, not on DVD, not in theater - no movie held my interest for more than ten minutes. OTOH, I probably wouldn't even had the time to find the two hours, I pulled enough night shifts on the interent as it was. :laugh:

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 11:38:21 am »
The only one I think I saw anything of was Capote. Don't remember much though

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 11:41:32 am »
I watched Crash just to view the competition.  It wasn't a film; it was a blunt instrument, and I had no desire ever to see it again.  

I saw Capote and liked it fine.  However good PSH was, it's still just an impression of a real person.  Heath created Ennis out of thin air, and incredible accomplishment.