Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166913 times)

yb

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8360 on: December 03, 2006, 06:36:17 pm »
Congratulations, Louise...what a wonderful adventure this has been.

Leslie

The plaque is beautiful, an appropriate time to post the updated version now that LS is completed.  Thanks to Leslie, Jo and Lucise for coordinating and making this plaque.

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8361 on: December 03, 2006, 07:11:40 pm »
Glad you like it!  ;)

There were some more people who wanted to be added to the last thank you note, and stated so on your LJ .. I hope everyone got added  .. sorry if we missed anyone!   :)

Deliciously looking plaque, so sweet from you Lucise

Have you thought  about “afterwedding  reception” invitation cards for whole RS and our band? They would look great the same way ( just popped  in my mind).

I hope we are wlcome there(to see),   ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8362 on: December 03, 2006, 07:20:55 pm »
okay, the Finale Party in Fan Fiction Chat has moved to the New "BETA" Chat room, due to performance problems in the old (Blue) Chat room.  See you there!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8363 on: December 03, 2006, 07:37:21 pm »
okay, the Finale Party in Fan Fiction Chat has moved to the New "BETA" Chat room, due to performance problems in the old (Blue) Chat room.  See you there!

Yeah, my computer kept acting up everytime I joined the old chat today .. I'll try the beta!

Offline full measure

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #8364 on: December 03, 2006, 09:04:32 pm »
Louise,

What a journey it has been; THANK YOU for letting me ride along! Will be watching for the Reception, and looking forward to comments on the re-read starting tomorrow.  That should be fun, now that I'm more familiar with  the community here! I will have to work hard not to gobblethrough too fast,

KJ (FM)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8365 on: December 03, 2006, 09:46:02 pm »
I just need to say this.

I love Ennis.
I love Ellery.
I love Jack.

Thanks, Louise

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8366 on: December 03, 2006, 10:51:04 pm »
you are welcome, all of you.  I have had so many messages today, and good wishes, and pm's, and comments... it was like a wedding reception!

It was... absolutely wonderful.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8367 on: December 04, 2006, 01:34:56 am »
Exactly!    I was shocked when he agreed to go out to dinner with ADA Paula.

Especially after that first night with Nick Sampson.   And now after the second night with Nick, plus Nicks "I'm falling for you" confession, how could he possibly keep that date??

He should just call her and tell her that he has reconsidered because it is improper to date a person he will need to interact with in court.     Which is absolutely true!   She could not disagree with that reasoning. 

If he made the date before even meeting Nick, well that might be different.   He could justify it as the fact she pressured him to do so, and to keep himself in the closet at work he goes on the date.    Even then he could just not make a second date telling her whatever excuse he wanted.   "Improper", "No spark"  etc.
                           well i must admit that i like nick....he is a beautiful and warm, intelligent, and thoughtful lover,  i hope he is as good as that in other ways as well.  there is no way to think he will be any other way....but poor paula...not too many guys around that arent either married, or gay......whats a girl, whos time clock is ticking to do?                                                    janice

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8368 on: December 04, 2006, 01:40:26 am »
Thank you so much for friending me, I will go read what is up of your Epilogue before I go to bed. I have to admit I saw hard times coming up without updates from you for a longer time from now.
Ich wohne in Berlin. Ich war noch nie in Saarbrücken (um genau zu sein, kenne ich kaum andere Städte in Deutschland). Wohnen Sie dort schon lange?
(Should I post a translation of this? Not that it's relevant information or anything, I just don't want people to have to wonder what I'm writing here.)
                       welcome to the laramie saga, and all the friends you will find here.  you are more than welcome...come by and chat if you ever get the chance...                        janice

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8369 on: December 04, 2006, 01:43:44 am »
you are welcome, all of you.  I have had so many messages today, and good wishes, and pm's, and comments... it was like a wedding reception!

It was... absolutely wonderful.
                              we love you more today than yesterday louise,,,but not as much as tomorrow...                                          thatnk you with all my heart..........janice

Beautiful mind