Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165537 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1280 on: July 13, 2006, 11:55:06 am »
Holy Smokes is right, but, wouldn't bareback be more comfortable (not to be practical or anything, but wouldn't it)?

A saddle is fine, but they should have a towel or something under them...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1281 on: July 13, 2006, 11:56:33 am »
Update to "A Second Chance"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/72578.html  "Chapter 85:  Persistence"

Spoiler:

Louise (or anyone else): I don't understand the 'before Bill' part of this sentence...
"It was after five when Ellery headed back to Laramie from Elk Mountain, the mystery of Brad Sevigny still rankling in his mind. Before Bill, he would return to the university and catch the homecoming summer school students filing back into Langley Hall, smiling indulgently at the girls and impressing the boys and digging for the truth… but his chest was aching with sympathy for the parents who had inexplicably lost an only child, and he knew without the autopsy or the real identity of the mysterious roommate, he would be shooting in the dark."

That was a nice chapter, and I am looking forward to Mr. Coyote's return in the next one.   ;D
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1282 on: July 13, 2006, 12:11:49 pm »
Ya, Louise, are you a programmer?  What language(s) do you program in?  :)
I am a Java and C++ girl myself!

I use a proprietary tool set on top of a C library. I dont actually have to USE the third generation languages myself, it is in a specialized area of workflow design for internal problem management.

That sounds so icky.  Ew ew ew.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1283 on: July 13, 2006, 12:13:08 pm »
Spoiler:

Louise (or anyone else): I don't understand the 'before Bill' part of this sentence...
"It was after five when Ellery headed back to Laramie from Elk Mountain, the mystery of Brad Sevigny still rankling in his mind. Before Bill, he would return to the university and catch the homecoming summer school students filing back into Langley Hall, smiling indulgently at the girls and impressing the boys and digging for the truth… but his chest was aching with sympathy for the parents who had inexplicably lost an only child, and he knew without the autopsy or the real identity of the mysterious roommate, he would be shooting in the dark."

That was a nice chapter, and I am looking forward to Mr. Coyote's return in the next one.   ;D

I fixed it.  I was pretty hot, cranky, and waiting desperately for a thunderstorm to break the humidity at the time I wrote that.  You, lia, and of course, Leslie have massaged Chapter er, 85 into readable shape now.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1284 on: July 13, 2006, 12:14:01 pm »
and might I add...

since I have already written three chapters today, I am sitting at home, sipping Vittel mineralwater and trying out the new chat client!  Anyone who would like to come chat, hurry up!

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1285 on: July 13, 2006, 12:17:50 pm »
Waitaminute! You're not leaving it there, are you?!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1286 on: July 13, 2006, 12:20:04 pm »
I use a proprietary tool set on top of a C library. I dont actually have to USE the third generation languages myself, it is in a specialized area of workflow design for internal problem management.

???  ???  ???  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1287 on: July 13, 2006, 12:21:55 pm »
Waitaminute! You're not leaving it there, are you?!
We'll have some HOT sex to look forward to, hehehe  ;D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1288 on: July 13, 2006, 12:22:32 pm »

Not icky ... sounds fun fun fun!  ;D

Would love to join you ladies at the chat, but I rather not do that as well, at work...
hanging around the board while at work is naughty enough!  ;D

???  ???  ???  ;D

Lol BigH!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1289 on: July 13, 2006, 12:33:24 pm »
We'll have some HOT sex to look forward to, hehehe  ;D

WHAT?  You guys didn't have enough?  Yesterday's sex wore off already?

I think Ennis agrees with you.