Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1070359 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #1000 on: August 16, 2024, 02:27:51 pm »
Just a last note about the beans, and then I'll move on to another topic.

I looked up "foods that cause gas" and here's the list:

• dairy foods
    dried fruit
    fruit
    legumes (beans, pulses, lentils, etc.)
    high fiber foods (nuts, seeds, etc.)
    vegetables

How could anyone maintain their health while avoiding all these foods?

So, the new news is that I made something new yesterday: buffalo chicken. It's actually not spicy. It's tangy. You marinate the chicken in a sauce that can include butter and Frank's Red Hot (NOT!) buffalo sauce. Or you can make a slightly fancier sauce (which I did) by adding some honey, garlic, and lime juice. Also onion powder. I ate it hot with veggies for dinner and then had a salad the next day with lettuce, tomatoes, snap peas, avocado chunks, and parsley. This evening I'm putting it in a wrap. It's that good, I want to eat it for every meal!

I love buffalo chicken!   I've used a recipe online for buffalo chicken dip.  Not the healthiest, but everyone seems to really like it.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/68461/buffalo-chicken-dip/

The recipe calls for canned chicken (yuck) but when I make it, I use a fresh rotisserie chicken from the deli.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1001 on: August 16, 2024, 03:22:13 pm »
So, the new news is that I made something new yesterday: buffalo chicken. It's actually not spicy. It's tangy. You marinate the chicken in a sauce that can include butter and Frank's Red Hot (NOT!) buffalo sauce. Or you can make a slightly fancier sauce (which I did) by adding some honey, garlic, and lime juice. Also onion powder. I ate it hot with veggies for dinner and then had a salad the next day with lettuce, tomatoes, snap peas, avocado chunks, and parsley. This evening I'm putting it in a wrap. It's that good, I want to eat it for every meal!

That sounds good. How and how long do you cook it after the marinade?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1002 on: August 18, 2024, 08:51:37 pm »
It is recommended to put it in an air fryer at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. I don't have such a thing, so I put it in the oven. It came out great.
"chewing gum and duct tape"