Author Topic: Birthday Calculator (very cool)  (Read 5038 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Birthday Calculator (very cool)
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:22:44 am »
This is a birthday calculator that tells you how many hours and how many seconds you have been alive on this earth and when you were probably conceived, and all sorts of assorted trivia about YOU.  Check out the part with the moon at the bottom to see what it was doing on the day of your birth.

Very fun....

http://www.paulsadowski.com/birthday.asp

Here's some interesting stuff about the moon phases (http://astrograph.com/learning-astrology/phases.php)

The Eight Phases of the Moon

Below you will find information about the Phases of the Moon. These phases are defined as New, Crescent, First Quarter, Gibbous, Full, Disseminating, Last Quarter, or Balsamic. These eight phases symbolically correspond with the stages in the planting cycle, beginning with the potential represented by the seed in the ground, and also to important seasonal events of the yearly cycle, starting with the Winter Solstice.

New Moon 

In this phase, the Moon and Sun are conjunct and in the same sign. This phase represents the very beginning of the planting cycle, when the seed sends forth it's tender shoot while still underground. This is a tentative moment, with the outcome still very much in doubt. This phase also corresponds to the Winter Solstice in the cycle of the seasons.

During this phase, the world is yours to make your mark on. You tend to be subjective, even self-centered, in your approach. You feel that the rules other people make are not for you, you make your own rules appropriate to the present moment. For example, you may question why it needs to be done a certain way, and won't be satisfied with the answer that it's how we've always done it.

Crescent Moon 

In this phase, the Moon is waxing and halfway between New and First Quarter Moon. In the planting cycle, this is when the young organism has to contend with the surrounding environment, which may seem difficult and hostile. This phase corresponds to the seasonal holiday of Candlemas, around February 1st, midway between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox.

During this phase, you tend to charge forward with new ideas and impulses, even in the face of resistance. Your primary mission in life lies in actualizing new forms into an objective and concrete existence, as separate from the old way of being. You are fully invested in this sense of purpose, and yet you may also be very aware of the challenge represented by the status quo, since the older forms never will yield without a struggle.

First Quarter Moon 

In this phase, the Moon is waxing and square the Sun. This represents the time in the planting cycle when the organism puts out its leaves and branches, a time of great growth. In the cycle of the seasons, this phase corresponds to the Vernal Equinox.

During this phase, you are a willful builder of new structures for yourself and society, and characteristically exert the utmost effort in order to achieve your goals of bringing new forms into reality, even in the face of resistance. This move forward must inevitably be accompanied with struggle, for the old will rarely yield gracefully.

Gibbous Moon 

In this phase, the Moon is waxing and halfway between First Quarter and Full Moon. This represents the moment in the planting cycle when the bud begins to form, carrying within it the promise of the flower. In the seasonal cycle this phase is symbolically linked with the cross-quarter holiday of Beltane, which was celebrated around May 1st (or May Day), half way between the Vernal Equinox and the Summer Solstice.

During this phase, you are powerfully drawn to the accomplishment of your goals, with an analytical and detailed mind. You are likely to have quite a passion for the building and perfecting of new forms and structures. You will not be contented with the status quo of outmoded conceptions, nor with any hesitation in going forward with the new element, which you feel must be perfected in order to achieve its true potential.

Full Moon  

In this phase, the Moon and Sun are in opposition to each other on opposite sides of the Earth. This corresponds to the time in the planting cycle for the flower to emerge. This phase symbolically relates to the Summer Solstice, the time of maximum light in the cycle of the seasons.

During this phase, you are very aware of the effect of your work on others. You are operating out of a mode of visible clarity rather than blind faith, and your watchword is objectivity. You are open to the influence of those around you, and are aware of the influence that you can have on them as well. In this sense, your work has meaning for you only in combination with other people.

Disseminating Moon 

In this phase, the Moon is waning and halfway between Full and Last Quarter Moon. In the planting cycle this corresponds to the first appearance of the plant's fruit. In the seasonal cycle, there is a symbolic correspondence to the cross-quarter holiday called Lamas, celebrated about August 1st, mid-way between the Summer Solstice and the Fall Equinox.

During this phase, your basic mission in life is to shed light. You are filled with the knowledge of what has been accomplished in a particular field of endeavor, and your purpose is to share it with others. As the symbolic fruition of the life of the garden, you represent the culmination of the entire planting cycle.

Last Quarter Moon 

In this phase, the Moon is waning and square the Sun. In the planting cycle, your phase represents the beginning of the end of the cycle, when the plant is harvested and the parts remaining start to wither and die back into the ground, while what is left of the fruit also begins to prepare its seeds for planting. In the seasonal rotation this phase corresponds to the Fall Equinox.

During this phase, you are an exemplar of the tearing down of the old structure to prepare the way for the new ones. Your type is characterized by a "Crisis in Consciousness" where-by you cannot get with the current scheme of things, and desire to change it. You possess a core level discontent with the existing social structures you find in your environment.

Balsamic Moon 

In this phase, the Moon is waning and halfway between Last Quarter and New Moon. In the planting cycle, this is the time of the maturation of the seed, while the rest of the plant dies away. All the energy of the plant becomes concentrated in the seed being prepared for the next cycle. In the seasonal progression this phase corresponds to Halloween, midway between the Fall Equinox and the Winter Solstice, when the veil between worlds is thin, and the ghosts of the dead walk the earth.

During this phase, you are very focused on a barely perceived distant reality, and may feel somewhat alienated from the existing structure of society. Like the dying plant, you are sharing the knowledge distilled from the experience of the past in an effort to bring that encapsulated essence forward into the emerging new form. You feel a sense of mission in helping to prepare the way for something novel to emerge, even though what that new social structure will look like when it arrives may never be clearly discernable to you. You need to be able to strike out on your own, to shake off the remnants of the dead past and to trumpet out your message as a chanticleer for the coming new dawn.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:00:13 pm by YaadPyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

moremojo

Re: Birthday Calculator (very cool)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 10:36:57 am »
Hey, Celeste--

Thanks for that, it was fun. I do question the accuracy of the description of the Life Path number assigned to me--that is, 8-- as I am anything but a workaholic and would never pursue an executive career or a political one. I am a follower, not a leader (a Sheep through and through, consistent with my Chinese astrological sign).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:38:49 am by moremojo »

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:28:33 am »
Hey, Celeste--

Thanks for that, it was fun. I do question the accuracy of the description of the Life Path number assigned to me--that is, 8-- as I am anything but a workaholic and would never pursue an executive career or a political one. I am a follower, not a leader (a Sheep through and through, consistent with my Chinese astrological sign).

I didn't write it, and don't guarantee the results!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 12:59:07 pm by YaadPyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 12:27:47 pm »
Hey, Celeste, thanks for the link.  I love to read those analyses.  It's interesting that my life path is 8, and my favorite number has always been 8.    8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 12:41:38 pm »
I have the same birthday as the Wicked Witch of the West. ;D

*cackles*

*melts*

The site assumes a normal gestation period, though. I was born early, I've been told.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 12:55:46 pm »
Regarding the "life path numbers" I immediately thought of the Forer effect, aka Barnum effect and cold reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Sorry, I know it's only for fun and  don't want to spoil it. But there lives a little sceptic in me and I love to linger on the website of the German equivalent to the Skeptics Society.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 02:44:57 pm »
An interesting thing I noticed is that when I entered my name, up popped a description that was pretty accurate for me, and reminded me also of someone I know, let's see, who would that be? See if you can guess:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your number is: 7

The characteristics of #7 are: Analysis, understanding, knowledge, awareness, studious, meditating.

The expression or destiny for #7:
Thought, analysis, introspection, and seclusiveness are all characteristics of the expression number 7. The hallmark of the number 7 is a good mind, and especially good at searching out and finding the truth. You are so very capable of analyzing, judging and discriminating, that very little ever escapes your observation and deep understanding. You are the type of person that can really get involved in a search for wisdom or hidden truths, often becoming an authority on whatever it is your are focusing on. This can easily be of a technical or scientific nature, or it may be religious or occult, it matters very little, you pursue knowledge with the same sort of vigor. You can make a very fine teacher, or because of a natural inclination toward the spiritual, you may become deeply emerged in religious affairs or even psychic explorations. You tend to operate on a rather different wavelength, and many of your friends may not really know you very well. The positive aspects of the 7 expression are that you can be a true perfectionist in a very positive sense of the word. You are very logical, and usually employ a quite rational approach to most things you do. You can be so rational at times that you almost seem to lack emotion, and when you are faced with an emotional situation, you may have a bit of a problem coping with it. You have excellent capabilities to study and learn really deep and difficult subjects, and to search for hidden fundamentals. At full maturity you are likely to be a very peaceful and poised individual.

If there is an over supply of the number 7 in your makeup, the negative aspects of the number may be apparent. The chief negative of 7 relates to the limited degree of trust that you may have in people. A tendency to be highly introverted can make you a bit on the self-centered side, certainly very much self-contained . Because of this, you are not very adaptable, and you may tend to be overly critical and intolerant. You really like to work alone, at your own pace and in your own way. You neither show or understand emotions very well.

Your Soul Urge number is: 7

A Soul Urge number of 7 means:
With a number 7 Soul Urge you are very fond of reading, and retreating to periods of being alone and away from the disruptions of the outer world. You like to dream and develop you idealistic understandings, to study and analyze, to gain knowledge and wisdom. You may be too laid back and withdrawn to really succeed in the business world, and you will be much more comfortable in circumstances that are tolerant of your reserve, your analytical approach, and your desire to use your mind rather than your physical being.

You are very timid around people that you don't know very well, so much so at times that casual conversation and social situations can be strained. You tend to repress your emotions to the extend that some people have a good bit of difficult understanding you. You tend to be very selective with friends and you don't easily adapt to new environments or to new people very quickly.

The negative traits of the 7 include becoming too much the introvert and isolated from others.

Your Inner Dream number is: 9

An Inner Dream number of 9 means:
You dream of being creative, intellectual, and universal; the selfless humanitarian. You understand the needy and what to help them. You would love to be a person people count on for support and advice.

This seemed to me to be a good description of Ennis. But when I entered in the name Ennis del Mar I got something totally out in left field. I guess the middle name would need to be entered for it to be right. I also got something wacko when I entered Jack Twist.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 03:31:03 am »
Thanks for sharing : )  I find those kinda things very entertaining.  I like seeing how close the descriptions allign with how I really am.  I'd say that both the birthday calculator and the meaning of my name were right on.  Always interesting :)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 07:57:04 pm »
That was fun.  It nailed me in a couple of places, but '8' has never been an important number in my life.   O0

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 10:47:12 pm »
How fun.  I especially like my birth tree:

Your birth tree is

Lime Tree, the Doubt

Accepts what life dishes out in a composed way, hates fighting, stress and labour, tends to laziness and idleness, soft and relenting, makes sacrifices for friends, many talents but not tenacious enough to make them blossom, often wailing and complaining, very jealous, loyal.

Except for the wailing, complaining and jealous bits, I'm afraid that's eerily accurate.

I also enjoyed my life path number (5)'s description:

5 (5, 14/5, 23/5, 32/5)
The Life Path 5 suggests that you entered this plane with a highly progressive mindset, with the attitude and skills to make the world a better place. The key word for your Life Path is freedom. In the pursuit of freedom, you are naturally versatile, adventurous, and advanced in your thinking. You are one of those people who is always striving to find answers to the many questions that life poses. The byword for the positive Life Path 5 is constant change and improvement. You want to be totally unrestrained, as this is the number most often associated with the productive use of freedom.

You may be one of the most compassionate of people as the 5 is surely the most freedom-loving and compassionate Life Path. Your love of freedom extends to humanity at large, and concern for your fellow man, his freedom and his welfare, may be foremost in your mind. A great Life Path 5 American President, Abraham Lincoln, issued the Emancipation Proclamation, and ended slavery in America. As the ultimate progressive thinker type, your potential in government, the law, and other positions of authority is unlimited.

You are a good communicator, and you know how to motivate people around you. This may be your strongest and most valuable trait. Because of this skill, and your amazing wit, you are a truly natural born salesman. This ability to sell and motivate extends to any sort of physical product all the way through to whatever ideas or concepts you may embrace.

You abhor routine and boring work, and you are not very good at staying with everyday tasks that must be finished on time. On the average, the number 5 personality is rather happy-go-lucky; living for today, and not worrying too much about tomorrow. It is also important for you to find a job that provides thought-provoking tasks rather than routine and redundant responsibilities. You do best dealing with people, but the important thing is that you have the flexibility to express yourself at all times. You have an innate ability to think through complex matters and analyze them quickly, but then be off to something new.

A love of adventure may dominate your life. This may take the form of mental or physical manifestation, but in either case, you thrill to the chance for exploration and blazing new trails. Surely you belong to a group considered the most worldly and traveled. Clearly you are not one to pass up a good venture. You have quite a lot of the risk-taker in your makeup. If you aren't putting your money at stake, you are surely open to a wide variety of risks in your everyday life. Taking the conservative approach is just not in your nature.

In romance, you hate to be tied down and restricted. This doesn't necessarily mean that you are unfaithful or promiscuous, but it does mean that a good partner for you needs to understand your nature. A relationship based on jealousy and having tight reigns is not going to work at all for you. A partner who understands your need to be free and trusted will find you trustworthy, even if you aren't constantly available and totally dutiful. It is important for you to mix with people of a like mind, and to try to avoid those that are too serious and demanding.

If you are living on the negative side of the Life Path 5, you are apt to be multitalented, but suffering from some lack of direction, and there is confusion surrounding your ambition. Restless, discontent, and impulsive, you may bounce from one job to the next without accomplishing much at all. A negative Life Path 5 can become very irresponsible in tasks and decisions concerning the home and business life. The total pursuit of sensation and adventure can result in your becoming self-indulgent and totally unaware of the feelings of those around you.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:48:58 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!