Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2197519 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1930 on: September 21, 2007, 10:08:29 pm »

It seems to me as if people are being customarily tazared, and or killed or shot, for what would normally be
considered minor infractions or irritants to police officers.  The police are getting out of hand.  We had a naked man having a psychotic episode ontop of his own car shot and killed.  And a young man who was threatening to commit suicide gunned down for failure to give up the knife he was planning on killing himself with...His mother had called the police to help her calm him down.  They shot him in front of her eyes...       I am starting to bet very angry.  The police investigative groups are only taking away the officers job while they "check out all the evidence"  Then they are returned to service...Its getting to be a police state, with the police having no retribution, except in rare instances.

That is awful Janice!!  :'(

We have had such similar incidents here too. Yes, it is getting out of hand. And since these Taser guns are considered "non lethal", the police feel emboldened to use them whenever they wish. And I beg to differ. 50,000 volts of electricity through the human body CAN be lethal, especially if someone has a heart problem, taking certain medications, is pregnant, etc. Not to mention that 50,000 volts of electricity is just cruel and inhuman, especially when used in a "la-dee-da" manner. It's a shame.  >:(

I'm sure we will be hearing about more and more of these tasering incidents now that it is in the national, and apparently world spotlight. These things happen everyday, and yet up until now few people in the media wanted to address them.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1931 on: September 22, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »
At the hospital iIworked at in the 90s, the security guards used stun guns for a while. One night they zapped an elderly disorented man who was causing a comotion, he turned out to be a local politicians father. He suffered no long term physical effects, but the fact they had used it on an elderly man with altzimers was enough to make heads roll, and they did.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1932 on: September 22, 2007, 02:22:28 pm »
Hi David!

I'm reading, trying to catch up a bit...How'd the TN/IN matchup go?  Guess I could Google it but that would mean not being lazy.

Let's see if I can summarize  :D  I agree with you about Iraq Bush kitties condoms funny math out of control taxes and policemen marriage rights... :laugh: :laugh:

Hugs,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1933 on: September 22, 2007, 09:31:00 pm »
News From Indiana

When you've lived in Indiana as long as I have, sooner or later you will have seen it all. From pigs and cows walking down i-465 during rush hour and cars half driven through the front porch of a house, to alligators in the White River and peacocks marching past your house at 6:00 in the morning.

And now this! Can anyone say "September Santa"? Well, maybe he thought he was since he got stuck in a chimney trying to enter his girlfriend's house after she locked him out!

Bad, Bad Santa!!

And honey, you won't get any extra Christmas presents by throwing beer bottles at him either! Calm down girlfriend!

(video is 2:20)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUq2A2tOcgU[/youtube]

Sheesh!  ::)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1934 on: September 22, 2007, 10:03:20 pm »
Hi David!

I'm reading, trying to catch up a bit...How'd the TN/IN matchup go?  Guess I could Google it but that would mean not being lazy.

Let's see if I can summarize  :D  I agree with you about Iraq Bush kitties condoms funny math out of control taxes and policemen marriage rights... :laugh: :laugh:

Hugs,
Lynne

Hi Lynne!  :D

Indianapolis won that game. The final score was 22-20, I think. It was a very close game.

Yeah, I'll be posting some more Bush and kittie pictures just as quick as I find them!  :)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1935 on: September 22, 2007, 10:16:03 pm »
Hey didn't me and you and Lynne have the intention of sleeoping in your tee pee about this time of year?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1936 on: September 22, 2007, 10:19:56 pm »
Hey didn't me and you and Lynne have the intention of sleeoping in your tee pee about this time of year?

Yes we did. My father is quite ill and I've been taking care of him, or trying to anyway. I couldn't make it this year. I should have sent you a PM about it, but with all the chaos right now, it just slipped my mind. Sorry about that. Maybe we can try to go next year!  :)

Things are a bit crazy right now.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1937 on: September 22, 2007, 10:37:19 pm »
No problem, things work out like they are supposed to. Hope he is doing better.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1938 on: September 24, 2007, 08:59:37 pm »
Our guys and gals (their commander is a woman--Colonel Trish Anslow) in the 875th are coming home this coming Saturday!! YAY!!

The AR 875th joined up with a group from Vermont and a group from Indiana. Today our local radio station was reporting from Wisconsin where the 875th is demobilizing at present. Some of the troops were laughing and saying how the Indiana guys had to be interpreters between the Vermonters and the Arkansans!

Anyway---we're glad they are back.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1939 on: September 24, 2007, 09:23:34 pm »
That's a wonderful story Shasta!  :D

I'm assuming this is a group returning back home from Iraq. I haven't heard anything about it on our local news, but since some of them are from Indiana, hopefully they will be talking about it in our local media too.

This is wonderful news! I hope they can stay home now and remain safe.

I loved the bit about the Hoosier guys acting as interpreters.  :laugh:

Thanks Shasta!