Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2196371 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2230 on: December 14, 2007, 06:54:11 am »
Hi Kelda,

No, I'm a Nottinghamshire lass ... I just thought that Gloucestershire would be harder to pronounce.  Charlie, our Tibetan Terrier is from Gloucestershire though!  ;)

Susie  :)

Is that where Robin Hood lived?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2231 on: December 14, 2007, 09:53:21 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: Charlie is so cool....and cute! I like 2 sugars, as well. But NO milk!!! :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2232 on: December 18, 2007, 01:19:38 am »
Mr. Snow Squirrel

Monsieur Écureuil de Neige

Meneer Sneeuweekhoorntje

Nacha Cahotska Tashnahhayhotah

This is a picture I took this morning. I placed several handfuls of loose corn on the platform and soon Mr. Squirrel appeared. He sat there and ate the corn as the wind blew the snow from the branches above turning him into a snow squirrel. See the snow piled up to the right of him, as well as on his tail? He didn't care at all. He was much more interested in his corn!

We received 9 inches of snow and ice over the weekend (much to our surprise late last night when we arrived in town) and many of the animals are being covered in snow when they go outside. We now have many snow squirrels, snow cats, snow dogs, snow chipmunks, snow pups and kittens and even some baby snow deers!! Everything is covered in snow, including many of the animals (if they sit still long enough).

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2233 on: December 18, 2007, 04:45:58 am »
Brrrr looks very cold there David.  I heard an Indiana joke today and rather than put it in the KKK I thought I'd post it here for you:

A man owned a small farm in Indiana.

The Indiana State Wage & Hour Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.

'I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,' Demanded the agent.

'Well,' replied the farmer, 'there's my farm hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.'

'That's the guy I want to talk to --- the half-wit,' says the agent.

'That would be me,' replied the farmer.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:41:59 am by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2234 on: December 18, 2007, 01:40:05 pm »
Welcome Home David
Hope you had a good time, now back to the reality of winter in our area.  I like the picture of your snow squirrel, we have over a foot of snow on the ground here.  Got hit really hard Sunday

Happy Holidays Everyone    ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2235 on: December 19, 2007, 04:31:49 pm »
Hiya David, welcome home!  :-*

How was your trip?

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2236 on: December 19, 2007, 05:14:42 pm »
Welcome Home David. That is a great picture of the squirrel. I am going to have to keep that one.

And Gary get your mind out of the gutter  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2237 on: December 23, 2007, 01:59:43 am »
I haven't gone anywhere! We picked up a sickness while in Las Vegas, and we are currently recovering from it. Stomach flu and head cold. Terrible.

Head don't feel right.  :P

Oh and Jack is here!! We have the Weather Channel on, and they are clocking wind gusts more than 50 MPH in the metro area!!  :o

Calm your ass down Jack! I think he wants to blow us away. We heard a big THUD! earlier. I think a limb must have come down in the back yard. I will check it out tomorrow.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2238 on: December 23, 2007, 02:01:54 am »
I haven't gone anywhere! We picked up a sickness while in Las Vegas, and we are currently recovering from it. Stomach flu and head cold. Terrible.

Oh and Jack is here!! We have the Weather Channel on, and they are clocking wind gusts more than 50 MPH in the metro area!!  :o

Calm your ass down Jack! I think he wants to blow us away. We heard a big THUD! earlier. I think a limb must have come down in the back yard. I will check it out tomorrow.

I hope it wasn't one of those UFOs that hang around up that way!!  :o :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2239 on: December 23, 2007, 02:22:56 am »

Poor ya'll. I hope you are feeling much better by Christmas!! I had that coughing, sore throat, headache, throwing up, etc., a couple of weeks before we got out for Christmas vacation. Miserable, ain't it? I just kinda rode it out. Not a lot the Dr. can do. I guess he could have given me some cough syrup with codeine in it maybe.

Bless your hearts! HUGS and WARMTH!!! Get well soon!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~