Author Topic: Happy Longerdays!  (Read 24524 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Happy Longerdays!
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2024, 08:02:08 am »
Bring on the Shorterdays!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2024, 10:32:33 am »
I hear you, friend! I don't mind the long summer evenings, but when the sun lights up my bedroom at 5 am it's a problem! I try to get 40 more winks, as Ennis would say, but my cat has other ideas!

And when it's light in the evening, I try to get just a little more yard work done. Yesterday, I was tearing out grapevines, hops vines and wisteria vines until 7 pm. Those vines are so vigorous that You can't even see what's under them.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2024, 04:28:00 pm »
I hear you, friend! I don't mind the long summer evenings, but when the sun lights up my bedroom at 5 am it's a problem! I try to get 40 more winks, as Ennis would say, but my cat has other ideas!

I woke up before 6:00 this morning myself. I didn't need to be up until sometime between 8:00 and 8:30.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2024, 04:30:40 pm »
I heard tell today that the current full moon is called the Strawberry Moon. I didn't hear why.  ???

I saw the Strawberry Moon from the house on Friday. I was surprised and pleased to be able to see it from my condo last evening.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2024, 09:31:56 pm »
Today is Midsummer Day, also known as Ste.-Jean-Baptiste day (Nativity of St. John the Baptist).

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2024, 06:53:15 pm »
I heard tell today that the current full moon is called the Strawberry Moon. I didn't hear why.  ???

I?d imagine because it?s around peak strawberry season.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2024, 01:06:37 pm »
Sunrise is still a bit early at 6:15 am in my area. Sunset is just right at 7:50 pm. I notice it starting to get dark at about 7 and it's time to come in from the garden. Tonight is a special treat after dinner...the full moon!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2024, 04:30:32 pm »
Sunrise is still a bit early at 6:15 am in my area. Sunset is just right at 7:50 pm. I notice it starting to get dark at about 7 and it's time to come in from the garden. Tonight is a special treat after dinner...the full moon!

I've been hearing it called something like a Super Blue Moon, but I don't get it. It's not a blue moon.  ???

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2024, 03:12:00 pm »
I've been hearing it called something like a Super Blue Moon, but I don't get it. It's not a blue moon.  ???

Apparently it's a blue seasonal moon, which is when there's four moons in a three-month season. Even then, it's confusing. I guess they're figuring summer began June 21, which was a full moon, and continues through Sept. 22, with a full moon on Sept. 17.

It was pretty super, though. And next month will be super, too, I guess. And of course another seasonal blue moon. Blue moons just aren't that interesting if they're not in the same calendar month, and hardly even then.

One of my neighbors last night argued that the moon didn't look at all blue. Well, no.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2024, 05:28:47 pm »
Apparently it's a blue seasonal moon, which is when there's four moons in a three-month season. Even then, it's confusing. I guess they're figuring summer began June 21, which was a full moon, and continues through Sept. 22, with a full moon on Sept. 17.

It was pretty super, though. And next month will be super, too, I guess. And of course another seasonal blue moon. Blue moons just aren't that interesting if they're not in the same calendar month, and hardly even then.

One of my neighbors last night argued that the moon didn't look at all blue. Well, no.

Of course when all was said and done, I couldn't see it anyway. After several clear nights, when I had a nice view of the waxing moon (you could see it getting larger from night to night), last night it was cloudy.  >:(  Maybe I'll be able to see it from the house tonight.