Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2669815 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3510 on: January 04, 2008, 10:23:17 am »
Speaking of falling in love, yes it definitely interferes with clarity of thought, in my case there is absolutely no doubt about that. When I first met the guy I was in my last relationship with (the very long one), the one that turned out so horribly bad in the end, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I feel in love. And yes I experienced the sharpness you speak of Lynne, but I was also experiencing the haziness that Scott speaks of. The problem was that I was not recognizing the haziness cause I had my rose colored glasses on. To me everything about that guy was absolutely perfect in any way. Anything I would see that did not fit into how I was seeing him I dismissed. I was warned by so many people, but instead of heeding their warning I got mad at them. I dismissed that to them being jealous of my situation. All I could see was him and all I could and wanted to feel was that feeling I had for him. I got so enveloped in him that I lost friends, I got in trouble at work, I got in trouble with family, I got in trouble with money, and on and on. One day I did finally wake up and see what was going on, but it took a very long time for me to truly admit it. I went through several years of going back and forth in the relationship cause I had a very difficult time letting it go. I felt I never wanted and never could see a day in the future without him in my life. I would make excuses for his alcoholism, his drug abuse, and all the things that truly made him up. I still had my rose colored glasses on, they were just a little faded. Finally, one day many years later, those glasses just fell off and I saw him for who he truly was. I didn't like the person I saw, not at all. All that love I had truly turned to dislike that I still feel to this very day. I let him take so many of my good years away, so much of my life. He continued to try to get me back in, to call, and to come around. But I never allowed him to do it again. I truly avoided him cause I was afraid that he could have pulled me back in. He had a way of doing that to me as well as other people. He continued on in his drug abuse and ended up on crack really bad. He committed suicide in April 2004 which was basically four years after he and I truly ended in my mind.

Oh Jack!
I am so sorry!
That is so terrible
I know about the glasses. Trying to get mine off now.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3511 on: January 04, 2008, 10:26:26 am »
Jack, I 'm so sorry for you.  What a difficult experience. 

Just shows how we can fool ourselves when we are in love.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3512 on: January 04, 2008, 11:00:47 am »
Yesterday I was talking with my friend Mary, who still had not got her tires for her car.

"I should send you the bit I wrote about going to get that estimate" I told her.

So I searched back thru my blog to find it and cut and pasted it into an email to her and of course she loved it. So much in fact she went and ordered the tires this morning.  :laugh:

The power of the written word!  ;)

So now I'll send her the link and hold my haid in my hands and groan, "It's gonna be okay....."
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3513 on: January 04, 2008, 11:01:38 am »
Yesterday I was talking with my friend Mary, who still had not got her tires for her car.

"I should send you the bit I wrote about going to get that estimate" I told her.

So I searched back thru my blog to find it and cut and pasted it into an email to her and of course she loved it. So much in fact she went and ordered the tires this morning.  :laugh:

The power of the written word!  ;)

So now I'll send her the link and hold my haid in my hands and groan, "It's gonna be okay....."

You should get published!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3514 on: January 04, 2008, 11:02:46 am »
That's what she said. But you know putting stuff on the web is kind of like that.  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3515 on: January 04, 2008, 11:14:30 am »
That's what she said. But you know putting stuff on the web is kind of like that.  :laugh:
It is!
But when I think of your talent, I think it should be shared with the world but more importantly, you should be compensated for it.
I've read works by people who's talent is far less than yourn who are making money hand over fist!
Money may not make the world go 'round but it allows you to hire the people to turn it for ya!  :laugh:

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3516 on: January 04, 2008, 11:27:52 am »
and that regret is colored and made worse by people saying that we can/could have done differently when all our choices were made from circumstances as they were then. It is easy for someone to sit in a cafe and say "Oh you are smart, you could have been a lawyer/doctor/whatever" but in that time your options didn't include going to school or getting married or whatever.

I envy your freedom.

Sure enough, Jess.  We make the best decisions, or choices, or go in the direction we're taught because it's the best information we have at the time or there are circumstances we don't know how to get past.  I think it's human to wonder What if? but we also need to love our younger selves, mistakes and warts and all, because we wouldn't be who we are today without being forged from them.  I had med school plans at one time; I had Navy career plans at one time - unless I could somehow get a 'do-over' like someone else said, I'll never know how those paths would have turned out.  The best we can do is keep looking forward and try to learn from mistakes we've made.  (And remember that the REAL important stuff in life is who we love and who loves us, not what initials we can put before or after our name.

(((((Jess)))))

So I am pleased to say I have spoken with my friend Marty and his son Weston is progressing well and is set to leave the rehab center on or about the 29th.

Weston can now dress himself and can walk up and down three flights of stairs without holding on to anything. They have removed some of the wires removed from his mouth so he can talk on the phone a little better.

Really awesome news, Truman.  Thanks for the update - hope you get to visit him soon!  :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3517 on: January 04, 2008, 11:34:45 am »
Speaking of falling in love, yes it definitely interferes with clarity of thought, in my case there is absolutely no doubt about that. When I first met the guy I was in my last relationship with (the very long one), the one that turned out so horribly bad in the end, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I feel in love. And yes I experienced the sharpness you speak of Lynne, but I was also experiencing the haziness that Scott speaks of. The problem was that I was not recognizing the haziness cause I had my rose colored glasses on. To me everything about that guy was absolutely perfect in any way. Anything I would see that did not fit into how I was seeing him I dismissed. I was warned by so many people, but instead of heeding their warning I got mad at them. I dismissed that to them being jealous of my situation. All I could see was him and all I could and wanted to feel was that feeling I had for him. I got so enveloped in him that I lost friends, I got in trouble at work, I got in trouble with family, I got in trouble with money, and on and on. One day I did finally wake up and see what was going on, but it took a very long time for me to truly admit it. I went through several years of going back and forth in the relationship cause I had a very difficult time letting it go. I felt I never wanted and never could see a day in the future without him in my life. I would make excuses for his alcoholism, his drug abuse, and all the things that truly made him up. I still had my rose colored glasses on, they were just a little faded. Finally, one day many years later, those glasses just fell off and I saw him for who he truly was. I didn't like the person I saw, not at all. All that love I had truly turned to dislike that I still feel to this very day. I let him take so many of my good years away, so much of my life. He continued to try to get me back in, to call, and to come around. But I never allowed him to do it again. I truly avoided him cause I was afraid that he could have pulled me back in. He had a way of doing that to me as well as other people. He continued on in his drug abuse and ended up on crack really bad. He committed suicide in April 2004 which was basically four years after he and I truly ended in my mind.

Jack - I"m sorry to hear what a bad experience this relationship turned out to be for you.  I guess it's just hard to think objectively when you're in the midst of it.  I guess I've only been all the way in love once (with my ex husband) because that break up, though inevitable, was devastating.  Other romantic relationships, I've been pretty good at saying goodbye and not looking back (and not going back); the couple of times I did 'go back' more out of curiosity than any real feeling left, but it turned out to be a mistake.  Hindsight and all that.  Anyhow, I'm sorry.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3518 on: January 04, 2008, 11:43:52 am »
Money may not make the world go 'round but it allows you to hire the people to turn it for ya!  :laugh:

You can say that twice and mean it!  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3519 on: January 04, 2008, 12:21:08 pm »
Tru, if pursuing writing as a career would turn it from joy into cat piss or worse, don't do it.  BUT, I do believe that you could be successful at it, and agree with your other friends that if you'd like to try, we'd support you. 

Here's another idea to go along with it - a professional genealogist.  I can see that one.  Plus as part of the package, you could be the one who helps them get their DNA thing.  You could put together a package of all your interests and offer to help others, and be compensated for it.

I know someone who knows about rocks and loves climbing around in the Cascade Mountains out here.  He leads groups of all kinds on hikes and shows em and talks about rocks.  And when my homeschool group tried to put a tour together with him, they discovered he is booked for that particular category of hike they wanted until Spring 2009!  He loves hiking and rocks and gets to share it with people, and get paid for it.

I believe in you, Truman.  Lotta people do.