Author Topic: PERFECT, but...  (Read 32117 times)

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
Re: PERFECT, but...
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2006, 05:48:11 pm »

Hi All,

I have to agree with Flash - I've only been gone a few days and you all are suggesting that BBM is not perfect?   :o

The only thing I would change is 'A love that will never grow old' playing on the radio for such a short time. I would have had it play out on the soundtrack for a little longer. Same for 'I don't want to say Goodbye.'   

Jake is definitely perfect, yes? Please don't ruin all my illusions on the same day.  :)

lots of love everyone,
Reanna
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2006, 05:16:38 pm »
Sooo...I had not heard about an extended closet scene! 

Any news on that?   :o  I'd love to see it.  Please?
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline assassinofjoy

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2006, 05:16:43 am »
I love the movie just as it is ... *waits for dem tomatoes* ... but as mentioned many times here, I wouldn't have minded to see a little more affection between the boys, or at least more on Ennis' part. There's one deleted scene out there (I think it's supposed to take place during the reunion trip) where Jack is shirtless and standing on a log from a distance, with Ennis watching him silently -- even that little bit would have done it for me.

And ummm ... extended closet scene? Dude. I want  O0

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2006, 09:03:01 pm »
Little D, can't believe you haven't seen that -- I have it on tape somewhere, will find a way to get it to you. 

If there is a recording out there like this, I would be happy to host it here if someone wants to upload it to me.  Just private message me and I'll provide an ftp link and make it available to everyone.  If there is a videotape or DVD and you need encoding it for presentation digitally here, I can assist with that as well.  Just let me know!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

TJ

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2006, 09:37:47 pm »
Sooo...I had not heard about an extended closet scene! 

Any news on that?   :o  I'd love to see it.  Please?

Which closet, the one up at Lightning Flat, or in Ennis's misplaced in the movie Riverton trailer in the country?

In the book, the shirts were in a makeshift closet which had a curtain covering and Ennis never put the shirts in any closet, he put them on the wall of his trailer on the Stoutamire ranch at/near Signal.

Oh, from what I understand, Signal was close to (or in) the Tetons; but, in viewing the DVD with a guest today I pointed out that when Ennis talks to the Alma Jr. about working, he mentions a coming round-up in the Tetons.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2006, 11:53:12 pm »
If there is a recording out there like this, I would be happy to host it here if someone wants to upload it to me.  Just private message me and I'll provide an ftp link and make it available to everyone.  If there is a videotape or DVD and you need encoding it for presentation digitally here, I can assist with that as well.  Just let me know!

Please do :).  I noticed that this discussion has been referenced on another BBM related website and some people came here and joined BetterMost for that very reason. 

Offline doxito

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2006, 06:30:56 am »
Please do :).  I noticed that this discussion has been referenced on another BBM related website and some people came here and joined BetterMost for that very reason. 
I am one of thoose...  ;) .....I am so praying that someone gets this clip up asap....I am totally obsessed with BBM..... :D Please, I am dying to see this scene....... :'(

Online Petition - BBM - Special DVD Edition
Sign on here http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/297966219 !

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2006, 12:30:45 pm »
:) RT - now you've done it!!  You simply must post that extended scene - there will be no living with us until you find it and let us see for ourselves - like elephants - we don't forget!............................... :laugh:

Your quite right we dont forget, so come on, whose got the link to this extended scene then?  Hurry up and post it fgs and put us all out of our misery!!.  WHY didnt they have it in the final cut??  >:(
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2006, 01:06:31 pm »
Little D, can't believe you haven't seen that -- I have it on tape somewhere, will find a way to get it to you. 

It is a truly awesome moment.  He picks up the shirts, does what we see in the final cut, then stumbles, leans against the wall, clutches the shirts and...bawls. 

I'll get it to you.   

rt

Was this scene ever posted???

"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:33 am »
1.During the lake scene confrontation (which I love, so put down those tomatoes, please! ;)), Jack looks like Yosemite Sam. I think it's the outline the hat, the boots, and even the jacket.

Ennislovesjack:

Tomatoes indeed!  Nice overripe mushy ones to you!  :P   Now, thanks to you, I laughed at Jake at the lake scene confrontation, :o  Can you imagine!  This is akin to blasphemy, and I blame you for this!  :P  Thanks a LOT!!! ;)

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."