Author Topic: Favorite facial expressions?  (Read 27980 times)

rtprod

Favorite facial expressions?
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:39:50 pm »
Not lines of dialogue, nothing about camera angles and the like.  What are your favorite actor's facial expressions in our film?  Give your top three:

1. Heath exasperated, pausing, looking at Michelle, black eyes, after she says, "What about my job?"

2. Heath looking sideways at Michelle after dispatching the bikers, half-cocked, posing, unable to move, clenching his teeth, right before the fireworks shot

3. Heath: "Why don't you then?" 

Gee, why are mine all coming from Heath?  I should think about that...   LOL

rt
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:27:36 am by ineedcrayons »

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR'S EXPRESSIONS in the film
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:49:12 pm »
Another good one. And I'm with you -- every expression Heath ever makes is my favorite expression. Especially the ones with a lot of emotion, of any kind: lying on Jack's chest in TS2, reading Jack's postcard, seeing Jack drive up for the reunion, sending up a prayer of thanks, saying "why don't you then?" finding the shirts, looking out the window when talking to Alma Jr. ....

OK, stop me before I just recite the whole movie.

Among expressions that aren't particularly notable, I'm partial to Ennis' profile when Jack is stroking his cheek, and he kind of breathes out and repositions his mouth.

Wtih Jack, for some reason, I like the kind of shrugging face he makes when he says, "course, he hates my guts." I'm betting Jack fans will have some they like better than that one, though.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:50:09 pm »
Ok here goes:

1.. Jack looking at Ennis after the reunion kiss..when he's going back to the apartment.
     He looks stunned to the core.

2...Ennis' face after Jack tells him he misses him so much he can hardly stand it..breaks  
     my heart.

3.  Jacks face the morning "after" when Ennis gallops away..(gulp)

You do know, I could go on and on...
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:55:21 pm »
Cassie's "I don't get you Ennis Del Mar" face.  I truly felt the confusion and hurt in her facial expression.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:03:52 pm »
1.. Jack looking at Ennis after the reunion kiss..when he's going back to the apartment.
     He looks stunned to the core.

I agree with that one... I love that face...

The other ones for me are

1. Jack's eyebrow raise during "Or I might be back, if the Army don't get me"

2. The laugh/smile on Jack's face after Ennis says "you'd probably deserve it" when Jack talks about the ranch forman's wife and how he's afraid he'll get shot.  That laugh is so bittersweet and it breaks my heart everytime because I know what's coming after it...

3. The look on Ennis's face when he first goes into the tent in the second tent scene, when Jack takes his hat away
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:12:28 pm »
I am trying hard to think of a NON-favorite (face--you did mean face,  didn't you?)expreession of Ennis's..but I can't  Ledger is such a consumate actor...maybe: "Whut?" Maybe: any expression during the first and second tent scenes. Maybe: after he says "ain't no reins on this one," and Jack starts stroking his cheek.Maybe "I just can't stand this no more, Jack." Maybe..while he's saying "Jack, I swear."  Maybe "What the fuck you lookin' at?" Maybe the first time he looks after Jack, when he's riding away, after having troruble getting his horse pointed in the right direction. Maybe, when he sticks threer fingers in his eyes...

Maybe...this one...click to enlarge (A LOT)
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 03:14:05 pm »
Mine are Ennis faces, too:

1) I LOVE the look he gives Jack in the bar (at the beginning) when Jack is talking about being nearly asphyxiated from the smell of the 42 dead sheep.

2) I LOVE the smile he gives Jack after he says "Looks like my daddy was right" (about rodeo cowboys)

3) I LOVE the look he makes when he is looking up at heaven, just prior to saying "I'm sending up a prayer of thanks."

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 03:17:04 pm »
Mine are Ennis faces, too:

1) I LOVE the look he gives Jack in the bar (at the beginning) when Jack is talking about being nearly asphyxiated from the smell of the 42 dead sheep.

2) I LOVE the smile he gives Jack after he says "Looks like my daddy was right" (about rodeo cowboys)

3) I LOVE the look he makes when he is looking up at heaven, just prior to saying "I'm sending up a prayer of thanks."

L
xo

Wow those are all my favorite Leslie! I also like the "Then why don't you.."

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 03:17:16 pm »
I have a few favorites, but the most FAVORITE expression for me is from Heath's Ennis.

Reunion scene: Ennis is looking outside of the window waiting for Jack and playing the lighter.  I think I fall in love with Heath/Ennis at that moment.

BTW, if someone has that image, would you send it to me?  Many thanks!  I couldn't find one.  Tried to do a screen capture, but it won't work.  :(

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 03:18:25 pm »

2. The laugh/smile on Jack's face after Ennis says "you'd probably deserve it" when Jack talks about the ranch forman's wife and how he's afraid he'll get shot.  That laugh is so bittersweet and it breaks my heart everytime because I know what's coming after it...

OOOOH YES, I LIKE THIS ONE TOO.  I don't know why, but just the way the fire light hits Ennis's face, and the smile on his face.  THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES TOO.