Author Topic: EDITS, TRANSITIONS -- Where do they work best?  (Read 7440 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: EDITS, TRANSITIONS -- Where do they work best?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 08:18:36 pm »
Transition?

From Ennis bouncing around in the snow, to the melting creekwater.  A kind of 'warning' from the mountain that their idyllic life together there was about to be 'frozen' in time forever, while the reality of it was going to start melting away...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 08:50:21 pm »
The Alma riding/bull riding is my fa-vor-ite transition followed by the alley breakdown/wedding scene.

What are you doing with my head?

O0

Heathen

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 09:24:47 pm »
2. SECOND BEST -- After Ennis gets beat up on Thanksgiving, the slow fade out and then fade in to the tranquility of Jack and Ennis together, the mainstay in his turbulent life, always chokes me up.  This guy can't get a break down in the real world, and can't live up in the other one. 

As soon as I read 'transitions' in the thread title, I thought of this one. You're all tense from Ennis getting beat up (well, I am at least), then you hear the beautiful guitar music and see the lovely mountains. Ahhhh....

Another one I like is after Ennis says "I think my dad was right" it cuts to the entire screen filled with sheep. You're smiling at Jack's silliness and Ennis' appreciation of it, then BAM! A thousand sheep! I love it!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 10:53:31 pm »
The transition from Alma to the bull-riding always kind of disturbs me. Alma has this horribly pained look on her face, and then the noise of the cheering crowd comes in before the image shifts to the bull-riding. It leaves me feeling uneasy... though I suspect it is supposed to.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 10:58:17 pm »
mandy, you dirty b...  shame on...  well, now that you mention it...  tehe

okay, i'd prefer NOT to be alma there, but if i'm required, I'd have to know who ennis is (heath?).

oh, and don't forget your beans, that's what started the raunch in the first place...

rt  lol

hahahahahahahahah

LOL!! I *HEART* you RT, babe  :-*

PS - You know who Ennis is, c'mon..  :P