Author Topic: MTV Movie Awards Noms  (Read 5067 times)

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
MTV Movie Awards Noms
« on: April 26, 2006, 08:17:38 pm »
Just in case no one heard -

Brokeback Mountain has been nominated for 2 MTV Movie awards,   Best performance- Jake Gyllenhaal and Best Kiss- Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger. Go to MTV.com to vote,
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: MTV Movie Awards Noms
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 04:57:33 am »
Yeah, why weren't they nominated for Best Team, or Best Movie?

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 02:40:48 pm »
Yeah, why weren't they nominated for Best Team, or Best Movie?

Or Best Actor for Heath?   Once again, we wuz robbed.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 11:36:07 pm »
Just in case no one heard -

Brokeback Mountain has been nominated for 2 MTV Movie awards,   Best performance- Jake Gyllenhaal and Best Kiss- Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger. Go to MTV.com to vote,

Jeez, I have DSL and the thing loads slower than a cap and ball Colt.  Did they actually show Jack and Ennis kissing in the movie clip?  ???
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:41:21 pm by delalluvia »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:51:49 pm »
Yes, indeedaly doodaly, they did.  I was wicked impressed that they showed *all* of the clip, in fact.  i.e., from Ennis hearing Jack drive up in the pick-up through to Alma discovering them together.
No more beans!

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 12:02:23 am »
I am not surprised it only got two nominations. After doing some research via IMDB, I've collected that whenever they nominate serious Oscar contenders like this movie, they usually only give it one or two nods (i.e., Boys Don't Cry, Million Dollar Baby, Monster). Granted, they gave Titanic and Pulp Fiction awards for Best Movie but those films were very different from my examples above (and Brokeback).

I voted for it a few times just to support the movie but that site is so slow. And the Mtv awards really aren't imporant anyways; they're just light entertainment... I still think Brokeback is above every award there but that's just me.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 05:29:51 am »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, or if everyone knows, but apparently you have to vote in all categories for your votes to count.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 07:58:37 am »
I never knew that! *Rushes over to MTV website and votes for alot of random stuff*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 08:05:03 am »
I didn't either but dietcokie mentioned it over on Jake's board. Make sure you vote for Batman Begins!!
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 01:07:00 pm »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, or if everyone knows, but apparently you have to vote in all categories for your votes to count.

Dang!  [stomps back over to the website to grow old again, waiting for the stupid thing to load up].