Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74403 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: David-Indiana, is that a picture of you under your signature?
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 09:41:44 am »
You sure are cute! Were you a the Colorado, Memorial Day B-B-Q?
I don't remember meeting you, was I that drunk?

Sadly, David couldn't join us, but he was with us in spirit!! I'm thinkin we should have a mini-BBQ in Indiana sometime this summer!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: David-Indiana, is that a picture of you under your signature?
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:35 am »
Sadly, David couldn't join us, but he was with us in spirit!! I'm thinkin we should have a mini-BBQ in Indiana sometime this summer!

Heya!  I quite like this suggestion Sister Mod!  I think I could make it to Indiana from Pittsburgh!
 :D :D :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2007, 10:38:13 am »
They say there's a silver lining to every dark cloud, and it's true.  Even troll wars have one!  ;)

It's great to see all you new (and semi-new) members checking in.  Welcome Shasta, Merr, malina, retropian and littlewing! 

We're glad to have your energy boosting us up, and we're looking forward to reading what you have to say about our beloved movie and anything else you care to sound off about.  Please make yourselves at home!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 10:38:31 am »
Welcome to all the IMBDers. You'll find it very peaceful and comforting here. No battles to fight - just ideas to share.

Sandy

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2007, 10:54:02 am »
Good morning (my time) to all our new and not new friends.

Please don't hesitate to ask how to meet your needs here.  I thought I would tell you a bit about the BetterMost main forums index.  http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php  It's the best way to enter BetterMost, the page I recommend bookmarking, because it has the banner on top, which changes daily-ish (or more if necessary).  The banner tells about any upcoming events, like chats, and other fun and/or necessary things.

Below the banner, the main forums index page has all the forums listed, divided into three big sections.  The first section - Town Services - has logistical BetterMost site stuff (good to browse through when you want to learn about the workings of the site) and BBM Radio (our own Live365 channel, easy to use when you're ready to try.  Plays lots of Gustavo, as well as songs that fit the theme).

The next section - Community Forums - basically has all the non-Brokeback Mountain-related forums and threads.  You can get to know them one by one.  

The third section of forums on the main forums index page is The Movie, The Message & Its Impact.  All directly BBM-related forums are here.  The Open Forum is where we talk about the movie itself (and PLEASE start threads on any large or small facet you are interested in exploring).  The Fan Fiction & Poetry Forum is where you will probably want your Jack with Ennis thread.  There are suggested guidelines in a thread at the top of the page there.

Below the forums index is some interesting stuff:
- a list of the 15 most recent messages posted anywhere on BetterMost
- a link to our calendar, as well as upcoming birthdays
- a link to our Members List (which can be ordered in different ways, depending on which heading you click)
- a link to our forum stats page (click "more stats.")
- and at the very bottom, a link to our Who's Online page, which tells you who's here now, and what they're doing (click on the line that looks something like "9 Guests, 12 Users (4 Buddies).")

Glad you're here.  Jump in.  Set yourself a goal of joining our 1000+ Posts Club (thread here in Chez Tremblay).

:-*

Elle

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2007, 11:32:17 am »
Hi! I'm chowhound. I've been a regular poster on the Brokeback board at IMDb for the last eighteen months but as so many of my dear friends there are also registering here, I've decided to join them. Anyl guidance in navigating this board most welcome.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2007, 11:42:52 am »
Hi! I'm chowhound. I've been a regular poster on the Brokeback board at IMDb for the last eighteen months but as so many of my dear friends there are also registering here, I've decided to join them. Anyl guidance in navigating this board most welcome.

Hey Chowhound!  Nice to see you here too!

This system is a little more complex than IMDB, but you will get the hang of it.  Ennisjack, Dave Cullen's Ultimate Brokeback Forum, and BetterMost all use variations of the same system, so once you've mastered it, you will know how to use all three boards!  The differences are mainly in how the mods have divided up the sections.

Hope to see you around here!

True Oracle of Phoenix / Bruce
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 01:44:56 pm »

Hi chowhound! I post at imdb as latjoreme, and I'm a moderator here. I am happy to answer any questions you might have. This thread gives some navigational tips, others you can kind of learn as you go along. But if there's any particular thing you're curious about, ask away! Once you get used to the features here, you'll find it's actually MORE user-friendly than imdb.

:)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 12:13:39 am »

Yay, little Chowhound, you made it to BetterMost!
Throw another log on the fire, only two more days until the new edition of Jack with Ennis.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

injest

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 12:21:28 am »
Hey Chowhound!  Nice to see you here too!

This system is a little more complex than IMDB, but you will get the hang of it.  Ennisjack, Dave Cullen's Ultimate Brokeback Forum, and BetterMost all use variations of the same system, so once you've mastered it, you will know how to use all three boards!  The differences are mainly in how the mods have divided up the sections.

Hope to see you around here!

True Oracle of Phoenix / Bruce

who? US??

:laugh: :laugh:

just ask if you have any questions...or experiment! You can't break anything important...and there isn't anything that can't be undone! post post post! We love having all you new people here! It is like a breath of fresh air!

Thank all of you that have come over!!