Author Topic: OT: Peter Sarsgaard on living with Jake!  (Read 11026 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: OT: Peter Sarsgaard on living with Jake!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 12:53:51 pm »

"I figured if I couldn't be around my girlfriend, I would settle for her brother," Sarsgaard and Jake Gyllenhaal lived together for about five months during filming, mostly in a hotel in Mexico.

"The idea was to simulate the military experience: what happens if you're forced to be with someone every minute of the day and night," Sarsgaard told the magazine. "And we fought. We'd have a fight and then we'd still have to be together. For a while, I would just wear headphones. All the time. That lasted for 10 days."

Mexico hunh?
Mmmm-hmmmm. !!!! 

Did they re-enact the 'lots of masturbating' together too?  Did they take pictures/video???  Peter Sarsgaard is HOT.  Dying Gaul is well worth the rental!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 01:05:20 pm by sfericsf »

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 12:55:12 pm »
I think it was the nudity.  He was shocked by Skaarsgard hanging all out, then lunging together with Neeson.

OMG I HAVE TO RENT THIS....

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 01:09:08 pm »
There was a fan fiction I started reading in December that told about Jake and Heath "rehearsing" for their roles together in BBM.  It got real hot and nasty.  I'm now applying that story to this situation with Peter and Jake in my head.  Imagine:  "Hey Peter, I know you've done some gay films and gay sex scenes.  Wanna show me the ropes?  Give me some pointers?  Nobody's business but ours."

[Runs and takes a cold shower]

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 02:07:42 pm »
Yes it was full frontal nudity by Mr. Sarsgaard in Kinsey... He and Mr. Kinsey had a homosexual experience after checking out a gay bar in Chicago.

I thought the scene where they go into the gay bar circa 1955 Chicago most interesting. They tried to interview several different bar patrons, the queens ("Oh Mary, he must be joking"), the butch professional, and I felt so sorry for battered farm boy.

He relates how his father caught him with another guy when he was a teenager. His father then branded him (he shows Kinsey his "cattle brand" marks), and his brothers beat the living hell out of him and his boyfriend. He said he got lucky as he had only a few broken ribs. His friends didn't fare so good. Of course, his dad told him to get lost and never come back. NOw that was tragic.   

It sounds like something Ennis's dad would do!  THough never seen, Ennis seems to implicate that his father could have played a role in killing a gay rancher. In the short story, Ennis tell Jack that his dad would take a tire iron to them if he walked into the motel room.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 02:20:06 pm »
the queens ("Oh Mary, he must be joking"), the butch professional, and I felt so sorry for battered farm boy. 

That guy was played by Lypsinka (John Epperson).
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 03:48:20 pm »
Kinsey just went to the top o' my queue.

Holy cow, me too! Anyone have any screen caps until then?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 05:44:31 pm »
Yeah, I got my first peculiar kick from "Kinsey." But hardly the last...

Peculiar kick.  I like that.  So much more poetic than "The Sensation."  ;)
No more beans!

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 07:25:02 pm »
Has anyone else listened to the director's commentary on Kinsey?

It's really quite sad since the director says over the Peter Saasgard/Liam Neeson kissing scene that in a multiplex viewing he attended, the whole audience (which was mostly made up of teenagers) groaned in disgust. Since Bill Condon (director) is gay, I'm guessing that must have been pretty upsetting - he made a comment that he first saw a male-male kiss in the cinema over 20 years ago... and still people are still so easily shocked today!
Thank god I got to see BBM in the cinema with the best crowd ever - even though it was completely sold out, everyone was so respectful - no walk outs, complaints, talking, or inappropriate giggling - absolutely perfect!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 09:59:15 pm »
I better go rent my copy before you all take them!

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 02:40:01 pm »
Has anyone else listened to the director's commentary on Kinsey?

It's really quite sad since the director says over the Peter Saasgard/Liam Neeson kissing scene that in a multiplex viewing he attended, the whole audience (which was mostly made up of teenagers) groaned in disgust. Since Bill Condon (director) is gay, I'm guessing that must have been pretty upsetting - he made a comment that he first saw a male-male kiss in the cinema over 20 years ago... and still people are still so easily shocked today!
Thank god I got to see BBM in the cinema with the best crowd ever - even though it was completely sold out, everyone was so respectful - no walk outs, complaints, talking, or inappropriate giggling - absolutely perfect!

Really? That is really sad, I hadn't listened to the director's commentary.  I saw it in a theatre in London and no one seemed all that surprised or made any fuss over it.  In fact, I was probably the most surprised (pleasantly surprised  ::) ) just because I wasn't familiar with the story and went in with no expectations...

Most of my BBM theatre experiences were similar to the director's commentary Kinsey experience.  All except for the first time I saw it I had people either groan/comment or walk out.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73