Author Topic: Who wants Jake to play the bad guy in one of his next movies?  (Read 11097 times)

mvansand76

Personally, I would love to see him as the bad guy in one of his future films...  :P

What do you think? What kind of movie? what kind of character?

You can post pictures too if you want.....  ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Who wants Jake to play the bad guy in one of his next movies?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:23:06 pm »
I would love to see Jake play a bad guy! He can't be the good guy ALL THE TIME, can he?

Besides, I love it when the bad guy is cute! There's something very sexy about a cute bad boy.

I wonder if he'll ever do it though?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »
Oh yeah some really sinister, slick but oh so sexy bad guy  :o  Hell Yes!   ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

mvansand76

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:26:03 pm »
I would love to see Jake play a bad guy! He can't be the good guy ALL THE TIME, can he?

Besides, I love it when the bad guy is cute! There's something very sexy about a cute bad boy.

I wonder if he'll ever do it though?

I bet he will be able to delve into that dark side I once read about in an interview with him.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:38:46 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It would kill me!
For me he will always and forever be my dear sweet Jack!
I couldn't bear it.
Ok, seriously, I wouldn't like it. Whenever I see someone play a bad guy I can never really see them as a good guy and vice versa!
Like when Robin williams played a Bad guy, it never really worked for me. I kept waiting for him to crack a joke.
It was hard for me seeing Christian Bale as Batman after American Psycho. The only thing that made it acceptable is that even though Batman is a good guy he's dark and troubled.
I don't know, thats just me.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:45:17 pm »
You have a good point Lee.

But I'd still like to see him play a bad guy!!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 05:13:53 pm »

it could work if he played a deranged person.  All sweetness and light, but compusive unknowingly like henry bates in psycho

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 05:41:54 pm »
There are some people it is impossible to imagine playing bad guys. They're just too likable. Will Smith. Shia LeBoeuf. I would have said the same about Tom Hanks. And in fact, the closest he came to playing a bad guy ("The Ladykillers"), he was still a pretty good guy.

But then, I would have thought it impossible for Robin Williams to play a bad guy. But when he did, IMO, it really revitalized his career! Then again, I was getting sick of his maudlin good guys.

Anyway, I don't think it's impossible to imagine Jake as a bad guy. Kind of hard, but not impossible.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 08:05:52 pm »
There are some people it is impossible to imagine playing bad guys. They're just too likable. Will Smith. Shia LeBoeuf. I would have said the same about Tom Hanks. And in fact, the closest he came to playing a bad guy ("The Ladykillers"), he was still a pretty good guy.

But then, I would have thought it impossible for Robin Williams to play a bad guy. But when he did, IMO, it really revitalized his career! Then again, I was getting sick of his maudlin good guys.

Anyway, I don't think it's impossible to imagine Jake as a bad guy. Kind of hard, but not impossible.

Didn't Tom Hanks play a Depression era hitman or gangster type in a recent movie?

Our boys can play bad types, but only if they are either insane, going insane (my personal weakness), have a heart of gold, a streak of decency or a lot of flair.  ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 08:42:06 pm »
Didn't Tom Hanks play a Depression era hitman or gangster type in a recent movie?

Oh yeah! The Road to Perdition. He was pretty bad, but he was still the hero. Or at least the dad of the hero.