Author Topic: All kinds of everything....  (Read 8036 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: All kinds of everything....
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 10:34:31 pm »
I hadn't owned a pair of jeans in years til BBM, now I own two pairs that I wear frequently

Me too! I wear jeans much more often now than I used to.

And though I've always prided myself in owning a jean jacket -- I wore one on my wedding day, over my lacy white dress (well, not in the actual ceremony; I mean afterward, on route to the reception) -- mine had kind of fallen into disuse. But after seeing BBM, I ordered a new one that I like a lot.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 06:17:59 pm »
Oh, and of course my ring tone on my cell phone, which instead of jarring me when it starts up, now sweeps me into revery by lilting "The Wings."  Oh yeah.

Oh, I would have loved that! I've been looking on and off for a BBM related ring tone, but no luck. I haven't been searching far and wide though, as I'm pretty sure it's too special to be on offer over here. What I've actually got is "Ode to joy". Come to think of it, that reminds me of BBM too; -  at least it is a fitting tune for today.  :D  I'm sure both Jack and Ennis would have subscribed to that tune title on Reunion day.

I'd have liked to have"Angel went down in flames" though, but maybe that'd be a bit too boisterous on the cell phone.

Anyway, I'm working on my courage when it comes to that hat.  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 03:07:39 am »
Oh, I would have loved that! I've been looking on and off for a BBM related ring tone, but no luck. I haven't been searching far and wide though, as I'm pretty sure it's too special to be on offer over here. What I've actually got is "Ode to joy". Come to think of it, that reminds me of BBM too; -  at least it is a fitting tune for today.  :D  I'm sure both Jack and Ennis would have subscribed to that tune title on Reunion day.

I'd have liked to have"Angel went down in flames" though, but maybe that'd be a bit too boisterous on the cell phone.

Anyway, I'm working on my courage when it comes to that hat.  ;D

And Ode to Joy isn't boisterous?  :)  Pretty rousing, if you ask me. 

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 03:46:45 am »
Sure enough. I'm just so very *used* to it!  ::) ;D

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 08:33:48 am »
When grocery shopping at my local grocer's I realized I've made a little habit - while rushing around grabbing the daily milk 'n bread - to check out that Twist and del Mar are both present in the shop, smiling a little as I walk past them.

Tapas del Mar is one of a sortiment of tapas where each type doesn't have its own home page, but the manufacturer has it listed in the middle of their tapas sortiment page. And Twist is one of the better-known and most popular confectionary chocolate types sold over here.

So del Mar is spicey and Twist is sweet.  :) And people would totally think I was crazy if they knew of this shopping habit. 

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 07:00:42 am »
When grocery shopping at my local grocer's I realized I've made a little habit - while rushing around grabbing the daily milk 'n bread - to check out that Twist and del Mar are both present in the shop, smiling a little as I walk past them.

Tapas del Mar is one of a sortiment of tapas where each type doesn't have its own home page, but the manufacturer has it listed in the middle of their tapas sortiment page. And Twist is one of the better-known and most popular confectionary chocolate types sold over here.

So del Mar is spicey and Twist is sweet.  :) And people would totally think I was crazy if they knew of this shopping habit. 

People maybe - but not Brokies  ;D!

I've also developped a BBM shopping habit  ::). Often when I shop at the big super-store I go to the DVD department and make sure Brokeback Mountain is the front DVD of all movies beginning with "B"  ;D.

Have you bought del Mar Tapas?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 11:25:24 am »
I don't often eat snack food, but I've developed a taste for pretzel twists allofasudden!!

And when in the grocery store, I always walk thru the condiments aisle, whether I need ketchup or not! I often can't help myself from looking back to see what's on the end...but it has never been jars of peanuts so far. I keep hoping!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 02:00:16 pm »
**grins**

Have you bought del Mar Tapas?

No.... I've been on the verge more than once, turning the bag it comes in over in my hands and looking at the contents - but it's got squid and I hate squid.  ::)

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 06:41:31 pm »
There's this  less than less than thrilling new reality show coming here. It features the local version Simon Cowell from the local version Idol series, while dating various women in an attempt to find "the one for him". (And this guy's no charmer, neither in looks nor temper.... So good luck to those apparently desperate ladies. ) But be that how it may, it seems nearly impossible to turn on the TV these days without getting to watch the frequently-aired promo for this blah new show.

And what music have they decided was the appropriate one for this promo?

The English version of Quizas Quizas Quizas!   :o

It's so wrong! It's messing with my Brokeback mind, let me tell you. Sullying the sadness of the alley scene with a lot of middle-aged bimbos and morons! Aaargh!  ::) :( ;D