Author Topic: "I'm away for a while" - The vacations thread  (Read 42181 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
"I'm away for a while" - The vacations thread
« on: June 23, 2007, 09:58:24 am »
Hiya  :)!

Summer is just around the corner and with it vacation time for many BetterMostians. Since we are a pretty close knit community, I thought it'd be a good idea to have thread where those who want can announce their absence and let their friends and fellow Brokeis know that they have not suddenly fallen from the face of the earth  ;D.

And because we are also a talkative bunch, I'd suggest to put announcements of absence in bold and red letters, so it won't get lost in all the good wishes, good-byes and other posts.

I'll be on vacations too, but it is still a little while to go till then.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: "I'm away for a while" - The vacations thread
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 11:26:06 am »
Hello. I just got back--Thursday--from my vacation to Florida. And I probably won't go anywhere else this summer--not for a week anyway. (Homebody here) I might go on a couple of short jaunts. Florida was fun--the water was clear as glass on Panama City Beach. The kids who went parasailed--I just rode the boat this time. We shopped, ate, snorkeled, and relaxed. But it's good to be home. Have a fun summer, Brokies!  8) 
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:43:43 pm »
Great idea for a thread, Chrissi.  When it comes closer for me, I will post a couple of times I will be away.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:01:01 pm »
I'm leaving tomorrow for a week. I'll probably check in at least a few times early in the week, but in the latter half I doubt I'll have any computer access and will have to go --  :'( -- several days without being here.

Inspired by Jeff Wrangler's amazing advance packing planning, I uncharacteristically have started setting aside some clothes to take, even though I'm not actually leaving for at least 12 hours ! Usually I'm still deciding between different T-shirts as the airport taxi pulls up in front of the house.

I'll wait until tomorrow to do the laundry, though. No sense getting all carried away with habit change.  ;D

Oh, and sadly, I'll miss the Blue Moon chat! Have a great time, everyone!  :-\

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 12:09:46 am »
Aw, we'll miss you, Katherine!  Hope you have a nice trip!  8)

I love that Jeff has had his effect on our packing.  I can tell you right now, I'm getting the suitcase for Alberta out well ahead of time.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:02 am »
Thanks for letting us know and using this thread Katherine. Hope it will be a nice trip. We'll miss ya sis.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 01:41:28 am »
I'm leavin' Friday night for a free coast to coast Amtrak trip.  Yippee!  :D

Will be off-line Friday 06/29 2pm PDT until Thursday 07/05 2pm PDT with no Internet access.

Listen Listen Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio!  And do lots of votes for your favorite and not so favorite songs, so I'll know what to replace with new music when I get back.  ;)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 01:52:01 am »

Will be off-line Friday 06/29 2pm PDT until Thursday 07/05 2pm PDT with no Internet access.

Listen Listen Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio!  And do lots of votes for your favorite and not so favorite songs, so I'll know what to replace with new music when I get back.  ;)

That sounds like a special holiday I could read about in the weekend edition of my newspaper. Coast to coast by train in the US.

Have a great trip Eric.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 02:09:01 am »

Wow. Fabienne is right. Not too long ago I saw a report about a coast to coast trip by train through Canada. For us Europeans that's the stuff dreams are made from  :).

For a change you got the vacations and we got the homework to do   :). You earned it. And I think it won't be a hardship to follow your commands.

Have lots of fun Eric!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 03:57:24 am »
Well we now Dottie is away until mid August

Me?

I am away between

6-9 July for T in the Park music festival

16-22 July in Holland

13-28 September in Crete.

Eric - that sounds so exciting - like something out of a Paul Theroux book.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/