Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175305 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2200 on: December 01, 2006, 07:06:51 pm »

hey, I went to amazon.ca, and this is the pic of the calendar that they were selling, but they only have a second-hand seller listed....   :(

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2201 on: December 03, 2006, 07:59:55 am »
Jane, the calendar that southendmd posted a pic of, has a lengthy disclaimer on the reverse going on about how the marketers of the thing are in no way connected to JG or his management, and then it ends by stating in bold that the sale of the calendar in North America is strictly prohibited.  ???       Which means Amazon.Co probably can't sell it in the US. It's got a number of nice pictures but not my all time favourite-favourites. Still, I'm *not* complaining.  ;D

I think I will get a 2008 Jake calendar. Yep, I think long term.  It might have pictures hopefully from RENDITION and ZODIAC.

I really got my hopes up after the recent ZODIAC trailer. Jake's character came across as increasingly driven, obsessed, on the edge, - the last scene/line was spooky. Eagerly looking forward to that film, whenever it decides to premiere over here.
I bet some of that tired, slightly haunted look in the trailer came natural to Jake - wasn't he filming that with unbelievable number of takes,  while also doing lots of BBM promo stuff and the Oscar "campaigning"? Must have been exhausting to say the least.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2202 on: December 03, 2006, 12:19:56 pm »
Jane, the calendar that southendmd posted a pic of, has a lengthy disclaimer on the reverse going on about how the marketers of the thing are in no way connected to JG or his management, and then it ends by stating in bold that the sale of the calendar in North America is strictly prohibited.  ???

Cool, Mika, thanks for the info.  I can't decide if I should try to find one....  I already have all my favourite pictures (400+ and increasing daily) saved, I know most of them off by heart.  ;)

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2203 on: December 03, 2006, 11:36:53 pm »
I bet some of that tired, slightly haunted look in the trailer came natural to Jake - wasn't he filming that with unbelievable number of takes,  while also doing lots of BBM promo stuff and the Oscar "campaigning"? Must have been exhausting to say the least.

I think you're probably right about that... and I remember reading somewhere Jake saying he loves to use whatever emotion he's really feeling in the scene he's shooting, he likes the effect it has when that real emotion comes through. He said Jarhead opened him up to that, particularly in the scene where he threatens to shoot his fellow marine Fergus.

Isn't it sad that I can remember almost everything Jake has ever said in an interview?? Gah... I have issues  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2204 on: December 04, 2006, 12:39:36 am »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2205 on: December 04, 2006, 11:34:47 am »
I have to admit, that picture kind of terrifies me...  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline David

« Reply #2206 on: December 04, 2006, 11:46:18 am »
An unusual pic of Jake isn't it?

I think we need a photo caption contest for it. 

Offline cani

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #2207 on: December 04, 2006, 02:12:28 pm »

I love that pic but I guess it's too big  :-\ ...

I've never wanted to be a sheep until this moment  ;D ;D

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2208 on: December 04, 2006, 02:46:49 pm »
Nice painting of Jake, isn't it? I wonder who did it. Or is it photoshopped?  ??? Now I wonder.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:22:24 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2209 on: December 04, 2006, 05:25:08 pm »
I dont know if this story has been in any magazines over there, but it was in this weeks Australian magazine Womans Day...

It indicates that Jake and Reece Witherspoon are doing a "brad and angelina" on the set of their new movie, "Rendition".....

The story goes.....Divorce proceedings have only just begun, but insiders say Reese has found a shoulder to cry on...and amaybe a new romance...with sexy co -star Jake Gyllenhaal, 25.

We're told the pair have been flirting up a storm on the set of their new flick "Rendition".

"Jake stopped by her trailer and waited for her. They laughed and talked," reveals a source from the film set.  "They looked like teenagers flirting" says another witness, adding, "Jake was poking her belly and teasing her".

Observers note that it's similar to the on-set flirtation between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie on the set of "Mr and Mrs Smith".  Looks like Reese and Jake may be about to head down the same romantic path.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection