Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3137080 times)

vkm91941

Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2006, 10:32:29 pm »

vkm91941

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2006, 10:32:49 pm »

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2006, 11:33:18 pm »
This one is too cute for words, I love that smile!  ::)

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2006, 12:53:05 am »

Next observation:  Are you gyllenhaalics aware that MTV edited/censored our boy not once, not twice but three times?!!! :-\ :'( :(
The most serious transgression is at the end of his acceptance speech for Best Kiss, they cut off his last remark "(pause) As we continue to do."
Here are the particulars, and does anyone have any theory as to why MTV would delete that remark???  I mean really, whyyyy???

I didn't know that a part of his speech was cut out.   ???

After accepting the award for best kiss, I know that he said something like: "This is for all those who are struggling with love ... and that's all of us".  But I don't remember if he said anything like "as we continue to do" ... crap, I wish I'd taped it now!  :-\
I don't see why they'd remove the last remark though!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2006, 02:16:15 pm »
Yeah I have a longer version of him saying "as we continue to", but he still says it. It just shows the BBC don't censor stuff as much as MTV do:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5045728.stm
Click on the "video" button under Jake and it should open another window and play, but if not you may need to download realplayer.

Also Jake was edited again before he starts the main bit of his speach. In the real version Jake says, "Really original" in a very bitter way, I new he was annoyed, but not that annoyed. I understand though, those jokes were lame and they contribute to the preducdice against the film, if I was there I would have said alot more than, "Very Original", but I don't really expect it from Jake, he has always seemed very calm and collected to me. And then he goes on to say about him and Heath etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biLbFPEQCSM

The bit where he says it is about 2:50 in, so I would move it on a bit if I were you. I don't know about the third censoring, but that is two covered.

Oh my Jake, how did these slip in here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlRhplXryQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rRA8_Un5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-l-YUbWMiE

Enjoy!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2006, 05:40:14 pm »
Also Jake was edited again before he starts the main bit of his speach. In the real version Jake says, "Really original" in a very bitter way, I new he was annoyed, but not that annoyed. I understand though, those jokes were lame and they contribute to the preducdice against the film, if I was there I would have said alot more than, "Very Original", but I don't really expect it from Jake, he has always seemed very calm and collected to me. And then he goes on to say about him and Heath etc.

Ah-HA.  I *KNEW* it!  I could see him clearly saying in the audience as they were doing that lame-o shit, "They didn't tell me about THIS."  He looked surprised and embarassed to me while saying it, but not exactly pissed.  But I imagine as it went on (and on), it just irked him all the more.  OK, I shouldn't speak for his emotions, but I know it irked the CRAP outta me.  To just make one of those remarks would have been annoying enough, but they KEPT doing it!  And like I said before here, I couldn't help but think to myself "methinks the ladies doth protest too much."

Damn it all over again.  Must he keep proving again and again how much of the *Entire Package* he is?  It's pure torture.  ;)
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2006, 05:47:56 pm »
Damn it all over again.  Must he keep proving again and again how much of the *Entire Package* he is?  It's pure torture.  ;)

You are making the man blush all over Barb!   ;D

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2006, 07:28:10 pm »
When does the sexiness end?
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline David

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2006, 08:24:30 pm »
When does the sexiness end?

Tell you what..  Truth is, Jake just keeps getting sexier as he gets older!      :-*

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2006, 08:38:37 pm »
Word, David.  Yeah, I don't see it ending (or even slowing down) for a long, long, looooooong time.
No more beans!