Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3162249 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2006, 07:46:14 pm »
Jake's got style.  Heath's clothes are usually embarrassing.

I agree.   Michelle should really check how he's dressed before she lets him out of the house!   LOL.

But maybe she is too much of a free spirit as well??

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2006, 08:43:20 pm »
They come runnin just as fast as they can
Coz every girl crazy bout a sharp dressed man.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 08:47:15 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline David

« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2006, 08:52:01 pm »
They come runnin just as fast as they can
Coz every girl crazy bout a sharp dressed man.

You've got that right!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2006, 08:59:17 pm »
Sigh...
No more beans!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2006, 01:36:48 am »
Hi there:

Here is my contribution to the adulation of that dear boy.  This is a cross-posting, not sure if y'all saw it where it was two days ago, but this here thread is where it rightly belongs!

I found this paragraph from an article while surfing the webby web today:

Jake Gyllenhaal's brain-liquifying levels of dreaminess have made him a universal object of desire, with every surfacing photograph of him and companion used as definitive evidence in the ongoing "He's on our team!" tug-of-war.

Who does not agree with that description of our boy?   :-*
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2006, 07:13:08 am »
"brain liquifying..."   :laugh:

Yep.  That pretty much says it all.

(Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.)
No more beans!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2006, 07:28:20 am »
That boy can sure wear a suit, and yet somehow also looks so good in baggy, saggy stuff too.  I'm a full-blooded Heathen, but Jake's got style.  Heath's clothes are usually embarrassing.

I don't know much about fashion and all that, but to me Jake dresses like any other 25 year old would. Like he doesn't give a damn about fashion or style. He wears whatever is comfortable or useful like those ever present hoodies and tennis shoes (although some his clothes look rather expensive). Jake only dresses up when he has to. Heath, on the other hand, makes a big effort to look grunge or whatever, to have a certain style. And like you said sometimes is embarrasing.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2006, 07:35:11 am »
That man can wear a Ronald MacDonald costum that was made for John Candy and he would still look  H. O. T. !  He could dress like Courtney Love and I would still drool.  He could buy off the rack at Target and I would still cook him breakfast!  Am I making myself clear?!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline David

« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2006, 07:40:05 am »
I don't know much about fashion and all that, but to me Jake dresses like any other 25 year old would. Like he doesn't give a damn about fashion or style. He wears whatever is comfortable or useful like those ever present hoodies and tennis shoes (although some his clothes look rather expensive). Jake only dresses up when he has to. Heath, on the other hand, makes a big effort to look grunge or whatever, to have a certain style. And like you said sometimes is embarrasing.

True, Jake does like to dress like a typical young man when just hanging out.   But do you thing part of it is to blend in with the crowd when he's in NYC or LA?

But I love it when you do see Jake at publicity events.   99% of the time he is dressed sharp and looks like a million dollars.   I think most of it is how differently the guys were brought up.  Jakey grew up in a Hollywood home.   His family no doubt dresses up appropriately for the occasion.     Heath however, he was plucked right out of Oz and dropped by himself in Hollywood.   He lived with his Mates in a house like Frat boys.    It is no surprize to me that he still dresses like one.     I loved it when Heath was all dressed sharp (in Black) at the Awards Show where he did that silly Tea Pot gesture.     He looked nice.   But as we know, that speech sure fell apart quick and few remembered how he was dressed!   LOL

David

Offline opinionista

« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2006, 07:57:07 am »
True, Jake does like to dress like a typical young man when just hanging out.   But do you thing part of it is to blend in with the crowd when he's in NYC or LA?

Probably. I think Jake enjoys been an actor, but I'm not sure he likes his celebrity status that much. Maybe that's why he doesn't dress like a celebrity when he's hanging out because he doesn't feel like one. He's very low key. He tolerates it because to be a sucessful actor in Hollywood, you need to be very much in the spotlight. Jake seems to enjoy having friends from outside Hollywood and tries very hard to live like a normal person, as opposed to the likes of Paris Hilton, or even Jude Law who always go around with this "I'm-a-celebrity-look-at-me-but-don't-ever-bother-me" attitude. But that's just my opinion. I could be very wrong, of course. I don't know any of them, personally, I mean.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 08:31:44 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.