Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3137118 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
quotes attributed to Jake that he never said
« Reply #360 on: June 24, 2006, 10:03:31 am »
Actually,  Anne Hathaway said that in the Oprah interview!  Not Jake!

:o  :-\ >:( I was not hunnerd percent confident when I posted all them quotes that they was all authentic, I was wonderin' at the veracity of that site.  Thanks for pointing out the misquote, DavidnHartford, and now I will go back and correct my OP, sorry for perpetuating falsehoods, but I guess some or most of them could be true, hmmm? 
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #361 on: June 24, 2006, 10:12:10 am »
Well, it is conceivable that Jake could have said that similar statement that Ann Hathaway made.     But it does seem coincidental.   I think there must be others on here who saw the BBM Oprah show where Ann said that she wasn't comfortable being the aggressor in the movie.

I wasn't being critical of your post Darlin, just that it is funny how some things can ge turned around.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #362 on: June 24, 2006, 10:25:28 am »
Well, it is conceivable that Jake could have said that similar statement that Ann Hathaway made.     But it does seem coincidental.   I think there must be others on here who saw the BBM Oprah show where Ann said that she wasn't comfortable being the aggressor in the movie.

I wasn't being critical of your post Darlin, just that it is funny how some things can ge turned around.

No offense taken Darlin'.   I do remember Anne Hathaway sayin that, now that you reminded me, and I only wanna do right by our boy.  Thanks for being so astute David. :-* :-*
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #363 on: June 24, 2006, 10:34:30 am »
Actually,  Anne Hathaway said that in the Oprah interview!  Not Jake!

Thanks David. What a relief! It didn't sound like Jake.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #364 on: June 24, 2006, 11:27:19 am »
I remember Anne Hathaway saying something similar on Oprah, but Jake did say this as well.  I can't remember where I heard him say it but I'm positive I did.... I'll see if I can find it somewhere
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline opinionista

« Reply #365 on: June 24, 2006, 03:17:24 pm »
Look at the hair do of the person behind Jake, LOL. I've never seen anything like that before!

Who's Jake hiding from? ??? Although he could also be looking for something.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #366 on: June 24, 2006, 05:16:19 pm »
After the show at the Castro, I was sitting with three gay men, and I said, "I..think---J.G. is the mosty goirgeous man I ever saw." All three looked doiwn at the table, and nobody said a mumblin' word for about a minute.

I savied a lot of the B and W, unlaughing ones.

I LOVE black-and-whte portraits.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 05:21:27 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #367 on: June 24, 2006, 05:31:07 pm »
ROFL.....sorry I just thought this pic was funny...

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #368 on: June 24, 2006, 05:49:26 pm »
ROFL.....sorry I just thought this pic was funny...

That picture cracks me up... they're kind of freaky looking in it!  :laugh:

I also love the one where Jake looks like he's hiding... what the hell is he doing?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #369 on: June 24, 2006, 05:57:16 pm »