Author Topic: The Worst Casting Decisions Ever Made from MaximOnline.com  (Read 10334 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
ALL of these are so SPOT-ON  :laugh: anyone care to add any others to the list?

http://maximonline.com/slideshows/index.aspx?slideId=3886&imgCollectId=208
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Worst Casting Decisions Ever Made from MaximOnline.com
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 01:41:27 pm »
I agree with pretty much all of the ones listed as well. 
Here's a couple more:

Malcolm McDowell - Gangster No. 1
I just caught this again recently and was reminded of how ridiculous it was to cast Malcolm McDowell for the older version of the main character.  There has to be about a full 12" difference in height between him and Paul Bettany who plays the character at a younger age.  It doesn't help that every other actor in the movie plays both the young AND the old versions of their characters.  It completely ruins the movie for me, I lose interest as soon as McDowell makes his appearance.

Robin Williams - One Hour Photo
Robin williams should stick to stand-up comedy I think, he's usually quite terrible in dramatic roles.  His painful to watch performance ruined any chance this movie may have had.

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 04:37:01 pm »
I'd say Jake Lloyd in Star Wars Episode 1, the Phantom Menace.    Of all the kid actors out there, they picked this one??
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 05:26:34 pm »
I probably don't even have to mention this . . . 

but the kid who was cast as Bobby Twist!  I mean it wasn't his fault, but jeez.  (Or maybe the dialect coach was out sick on the boy's training day...)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:01:56 pm »
Robin Williams - One Hour Photo
Robin williams should stick to stand-up comedy I think, he's usually quite terrible in dramatic roles.  His painful to watch performance ruined any chance this movie may have had.

I didn't see one-hour photo but I thought Robin Williams was very good in Goodwill Hunting and What Dreams May Come.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 08:24:37 pm »
I didn't see one-hour photo but I thought Robin Williams was very good in Goodwill Hunting and What Dreams May Come.

I have One-Hour Photo.  He's quite the creepy stalker in it.   
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:26:56 pm »
Katharine Ross — Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Our Front-Ranger was aghast that I'd never seen it, so we rented it last night.  Is it just me, or was she terrible in that film?  Total monotone, maybe 2 facial expressions.

Will Smith — I, Robot

Generally an okay actor, but all wrong for this IMO.  It was supposed to be a dark dystopian thriller, and he played it like a comedy.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 12:26:10 am »
In an otherwise perfectly cast movie Kyle MacLachlan as Paul Atreides in David Lynch's Dune.

Horrible, wooden, pedestrian in such an over-the-top operatic piece.

Tom Hanks as "the Indiana Jones of Cryptography" in The DaVinci Code.   ::)

When I think of all the tall, dark handsome actors who could have played the part of Robert Langdon...but they chose Mr. Teddy Bear, lest the audience get the squicks over

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus' descendant doing the nasty with a sexy scientist outside the holy bonds of matrimony.   ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 07:58:17 am »
Katharine Ross — Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Our Front-Ranger was aghast that I'd never seen it, so we rented it last night.  Is it just me, or was she terrible in that film?  Total monotone, maybe 2 facial expressions.

Except I don't know that any other actress would have been any better. The character was pointless and they should have just ditched her and let Butch and Sundance get it on  ;)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 08:35:47 am »
James McAvoy as Dr. Nicholas Garrigan in The Last King of Scotland. He totally spoils the movie!

Jake Gyllenhaal as Harold in Proof. Sorry people. He was perfect to play Jack Twist but IMO was a miscast in Proof. He did a good job but the character didn't fit him. He didn't look dorky enough. Besides, there was no chemistry between him and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Emma Waston as Hermione in Harry Potter film series. I've read the books but I've only seen one movie, and thought she's totally wrong for the role.

Angelina Jolie in Alexander. I thought she was too young for the role.

Tom Cruise in the War of the World.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.