Author Topic: Greetings from Turkey  (Read 8733 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Greetings from Turkey
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:50:40 am »
Hi y'all,

finally I am able to get online for a short time. I have a great holiday, our whole family is happy here. Yet I miss my BetterMost buddies and I have a board withdrawl, lol.

I have problems with the Turkish keyboard and have to go offline now. Sorry to everybody who PMed me and is waiting for a reply. I'll try to get online again in a few days. Hopefully I'll have more time then.

For everybody who read my bitching about the weather in Germany - the Turkish weather is as hot and sunny as I had hoped for. I love it!

Thinking of you all,
Chrissi  :-*

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Greetings from Turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:55:11 am »
Hopefully you are close to a beach and having a fab time!

Have a safe fun holiday Chrissi!  :)

~M

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:57:03 am »
Where in Turkey are you visiting, Chrissi? The other day I bought a collection of stories from the Mathnawi of Rumi, who lived for much of his life and died in Konya.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 11:57:44 am »
Hey Chrissi,

Good to hear from you! Glad the weather is HOT! Make sure to use lots of sunscreen....

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 12:50:32 pm »
Enjoy Chrissi, enjoy! I hope the sune is hot and the sun cream is slapped on thick!

Where in Turkey are you visiting, Chrissi? The other day I bought a collection of stories from the Mathnawi of Rumi, who lived for much of his life and died in Konya.

She's in Manavgat, near Antalya..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 01:10:26 pm »
Thanks for checking in with us, Chrissi! Soak up that sun!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:59:31 pm »
Looking forward to hearing from you and vacation pics!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 02:46:36 pm »
I'm glad you're having such a good time over there in Turkey Chrissi!!

Have a lot of fun, okay??!!!  :D

And we expect to see lots and lots of pictures once you get back home!!  ;)  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 11:06:13 am »
Great to hear from you Bud!  Be sure to fill us in with all the details of your adventure when you can!

cheers
Amanda
8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I'm back!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58:57 pm »
Howdy boyz 'n gals,

I'm back from my vacation in Turkey  :).
We had a great time, nothing but R+R for two weeks. Weather was HOT, as it should be. And of course I did soak up the sun, but was careful and didn't get a sunburn. Food and accommodation were excellent and the pool was the biggest one I've ever seen. For children, they had a kids-club for two hours in the morning and another two in the afternoon. The girls loved the action and fun there, but my son didn't want to go. In the evenings there were shows, which my husband and I didn't care for, but the kids were enthusiastic about.

When you're a Brokie, reminders of our boys are everywhere, even in a hotel in Turkey  :D. One of the shows was a Western Show with lots of cowboys and cowgirls. I will post pics of it tomorrow. In one scene, one of the cowboys crawled on all fours after (not before, like in our movie) a first, drunken night of sex ;).

On Fridays, there's always a little bazar in the hotel. One of the dealers sold bracelets on which he wrote your name on a plate. He had a few examples on display and what was the first thing I saw? A bracelet with the name Jack on it  ;D.

I wrote postcards to some Brokie friends and for the US Brokies, I wrote them twice. Stupid me put too less postage on them the first time  :-\. I wrote about 30 postcards (all in all, friends, relatives, etc.) and when I had sent off the very last ones on the third to last day of our vacation, I leaned back in my deck-chair and felt relieved and pleased with myself. It was at this very moment, when the question hit me: OMG, how much is the postage to the US? Hopefully the same as to European countries.
Of course it's not the same postage and so I wrote the postcards for the US Brokies a second time. I wrote them at my second to last day and so it will take a while before you'll get them.

I missed BetterMost and all my friends here and am happy to be back  :D.