Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006521 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2007, 12:56:06 am »
Just came acrossthis thread.
First, not a big cat fan but when i saw Delalluvia's cats... WOW. They are the  most beautiful cats I have ever seen!

Most of yall have seenthe horses, here aremy two dogs, Casey is 14 and a choc. lab golden retriever mix. Jake is a 5yr old Jack russell.

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2007, 02:05:18 am »
Your dogs are beautiful Richard.  Very well taken care of.   We also have a Jack Russell seven years old named Coby.  He looks a lot like yours..  Only thing with mine is that his ears dont flop over.  My little Coby's ears stick up and they're big! lol  I still call him puppy he so small and playful.  He has lots of energy..  He's a short stocky JRT. We love him so much.. Unfortunately I dont have a good pic of him to post here.   :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »
One friend who saw this picture said -- she looks so skinny. OMG--she is NOT skinny. She takes after me -- quite chunky. She weighs 150 pounds. I guess it's just the angle.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2007, 09:34:23 pm »

Beautiful doggys Richard ...... and such a beautiful daughter!!!

Susie  :)
Thank you Susie!!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2007, 11:18:06 pm »
Very cute dogs, Richard -- I like the name "Jake", too!  ;D Casey looks like an old sweetie! Jake looks rambunctious.  :P Do they like each other?

OK -- I'm in there giving lots of attention to Scout. She's lazing on the couch just eating it up. Her little sister played with a friend's dog and came out with ... fleas. So I'm checking Scout over to make sure she doesn't have any. I keep Advantage on them because Brooksie is very allergic and if he has a flea he will scratch and bite himself bald!!! Any way -- no fleas on Scout, but while I'm checking -- she passes gas!!! Extremely stinky too -- she had no shame at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2007, 12:09:06 am »
Very cute dogs, Richard -- I like the name "Jake", too!  ;D Casey looks like an old sweetie! Jake looks rambunctious.  :P Do they like each other?

OK -- I'm in there giving lots of attention to Scout. She's lazing on the couch just eating it up. Her little sister played with a friend's dog and came out with ... fleas. So I'm checking Scout over to make sure she doesn't have any. I keep Advantage on them because Brooksie is very allergic and if he has a flea he will scratch and bite himself bald!!! Any way -- no fleas on Scout, but while I'm checking -- she passes gas!!! Extremely stinky too -- she had no shame at all.

Shasta,
you hit the nail on the head!
Jake is a little spitfire full of piss and vinegar and Casy is my grand old lady!  ;D
They do like each other. Casey is now with me and Jake is with Elizabeth.
I think they really miss each other.  :(

Offline BelAir

« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2007, 07:23:46 pm »
One friend who saw this picture said -- she looks so skinny. OMG--she is NOT skinny. She takes after me -- quite chunky. She weighs 150 pounds. I guess it's just the angle.

I agree with you Shasta... 150 # on a lab is not skinny.
 ;)

But she doesn't look all that "overweight" in the pic either.
 :)

Maybe she's perfect!
 ;D
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2007, 07:34:15 pm »
I agree with you Shasta... 150 # on a lab is not skinny.
 ;)

But she doesn't look all that "overweight" in the pic either.
 :)

Maybe she's perfect!
 ;D

;D Well, I think she is anyway! Thanks!

Her dad was a lab, but her mom was a bullmastiff -- so that's where her size comes from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »
Do you all ever watch Animal Planet? There is a show on there called -- I don't know the name of it, but it's about the ASPCA and how they go and rescue abused and neglected animals. I don't watch it too much because it is really extremely sad. I admire the animal officers who do that sad job tho.

Today I watched -- 2 big St. Bernard brothers, Max and Oscar, were rescued. They were being kept in a basement and they were about 50-60 pounds  underweight. But they were so affectionate. Sweet, sweet dogs. Anyway. Max got adopted and I was so sad that they were separated from each other. Then, at the end, Max's new dad had him at the dog park and they'd made a date to meet with Oscar and his new mom. When Max looked and saw Oscar, his ears perked and he ran over to him. It was so CUTE. They played and visited. So -- at least the owners know where each other are in case they are able to get the brothers together occasionally.

The 2 women who'd had possession of them were arrested and could be fined $1,000.00 or spend a month in jail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2008, 10:24:54 pm »
Hi Shasta!  You must live near my neck of the woods because I also just finished watching that same episode of Animal Cops, or whatever the actual name of the show is, on Animal Planet!  How did you like that story about the abandoned puppies?  Little Hope that pulled through and lived and was adopted out to a loving family, when at first they thought she was dead.  What an amazing story!  I watch that show just about every night.  The stories are all sad to start out, but 9 times out of 10, there is a happy ending for the rescued animals.  It is very heartwarming to see the hurt, abused and abandoned animals get rescued, isn't it?