Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006494 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 01:53:47 am »
Oreo is kind of weird though. Sometimes he will suddenly jump up and start hissing and yowling for no reason. He's done this ever since he was a kitten. I have no idea why he does it.

Ya know.....Sylvia Browne, the psychic who is on Montel every week, says that some animals can see spirit guides and other psychic phenomena and will behave accordingly. Maybe Oreo is seeing your spirit guide when he does all that! I'm not saying I believe her or disbelieve her---I just try to keep an open mind about things like that.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 02:11:52 am »
Oakley. She doesn't mind very well. And she rarely sits still. She's a mix. Here she is running and fetching and sniffing and shaking. This is the bad dog who smuggles the frogs into the house.  ;D

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 03:49:25 am »
I picked out Vivien from an animal shelter (a really nice, no-kill shelter here in Pittsburgh) with the idea of getting a black cat in mind.  I love the way they look (such beautiful cats), but I've also heard that black cats end up in shelters in disproportionate numbers compared to other kinds of cats (due to people's superstitions, etc.).  And, it seemed to be true... at the shelter there were a ton of black cats. 

Really? That's very odd indeed. All the more reason to love my Skimble!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2007, 04:48:12 am »
I wonder also if black is genetically dominant so there just plain ARE more of them too.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2007, 09:53:02 am »

I picked out Vivien from an animal shelter (a really nice, no-kill shelter here in Pittsburgh) with the idea of getting a black cat in mind.  I love the way they look (such beautiful cats), but I've also heard that black cats end up in shelters in disproportionate numbers compared to other kinds of cats (due to people's superstitions, etc.).  And, it seemed to be true... at the shelter there were a ton of black cats. 

It seems that the same holds true for black dogs, too.  :(

http://www.blackpearldogs.com/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 02:58:25 pm »
People sometimes sacrifice black cats on Halloween. They're always telling people to keep their black cats inside during that time. I don't know if it's true, but I don't understand how ANYONE could do something like that to an animal!  >:(  :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Scott6373

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2007, 03:07:49 pm »
Awesome animal pictures huntingbuddy, Amanda, Jess and Shasta!!! Such beautiful animals!  :D

Here's my two babies!

Cody, my 3 year old golden retriever. He's a big baby and he thinks he's very cool!  8)

I love this picture. I love the look on his face, because he often has this exact same facial expression. It's a "I don't really care because I'm a happy dog and I love everybody" look.  :D

I see the resemblance darlin' :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2007, 03:57:02 pm »
I see the resemblance darlin' :)

Hmmm. Well, Cody is very good looking. I think he is. So I'll take this as a compliment Scott!  :D

Or did you just call me a DOG!!??  >:(  ;)

:laugh:  :laugh:

Scott6373

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2007, 03:59:03 pm »
Hmmm. Well, Cody is very good looking. I think he is. So I'll take this as a compliment Scott!  :D

Or did you just call me a DOG!!??  >:(  ;)

:laugh:  :laugh:

David, you may be many things, but unattractive is not one of them...and you should know me well enough by now, that if I called you a dog, that would be a very high compliment coming from me.   :-*  Love ya more than my luggage you mid-western ol hunk-o-man you.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2007, 04:58:23 pm »
Scott, you should tell us about your puppy!! How's he doing these days? Has he been playing any cute hijinks lately?  :)