Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006464 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #660 on: January 14, 2011, 09:26:19 am »
It's been a while since I posted pics of Blaze here, so I tried to take some shots with my Blackberry.

The flash really did a number on his eyes!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #661 on: January 14, 2011, 09:27:36 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #662 on: January 14, 2011, 11:15:59 am »

I'd be afraid, very afraid, if I had a cat with headlight eyes. :o ;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #663 on: January 14, 2011, 11:30:14 am »
I took these last summer. I don't think I've posted any of them yet.

The raccoons come up to the deck each evening looking for food. I always leave something out for them. At first they were fairly skitterish, but now they will jump up in my lap if I'm sitting outside when they come. It's awfully cold outside now though, so I haven't been doing it lately. If I am late to take food out to them they will paw at the windows....

Close-up....

This is so cute! :D  Especially the close-up.
They get tame enough to jump on your lap? Be careful though that you don't get scratched or bitten.
Aren't you a little worried for your cat?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #664 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:41 pm »
Racoon stories...one summer evening I was trying to get my young cat Diva to come in the house so I stuck my head out the window and called "here kitty kitty". A head popped up from behind the deck but she just looked at me so I repeated "here kitty kitty!" Lo and behold, another head popped up, that of a young racoon she had been getting acquainted with!

Another time we heard a noise in the garage. Husband went out to investigate with a flashlight and baseball bat. Not finding anyone, he went closer to the trash can, which was vibrating slightly. Tapping it on the side with a bat roused a racoon that climbed out and slunk off...and then another...and another...In all there were six racoons in that trash can! It was like watching clowns climb out of a VW!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #665 on: January 14, 2011, 12:49:58 pm »
The raccoons come up to the deck each evening looking for food. I always leave something out for them. At first they were fairly skitterish, but now they will jump up in my lap if I'm sitting outside when they come. It's awfully cold outside now though, so I haven't been doing it lately. If I am late to take food out to them they will paw at the windows....

David, please be careful around the raccoons.  I'd hate for you to get scratched or bitten.  Yours are certainly not camera shy!

I know firsthand that you definitely do not want raccoons to gain entry to your house.  Several years ago we had some in the space between the roof and the ceiling at our house in Michigan.  We realized they were there when we heard acorns rolling across what would be the other side of the ceiling in our bedroom.  We ended up calling an exterminator to get rid of them.

Oh, and here's a happier photo of Ember:  :)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #666 on: January 14, 2011, 12:53:56 pm »
Racoon stories...one summer evening I was trying to get my young cat Diva to come in the house so I stuck my head out the window and called "here kitty kitty".

FRLee, I thought your story was going to end like this one LOL:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZOeWFBy75A[/youtube]

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #667 on: January 14, 2011, 01:10:28 pm »
Haha!! Great commercial!

Oh, and thanks for the happy photo of Ember...really made my morning!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #668 on: January 14, 2011, 01:51:06 pm »
Racoon stories...one summer evening I was trying to get my young cat Diva to come in the house so I stuck my head out the window and called "here kitty kitty". A head popped up from behind the deck but she just looked at me so I repeated "here kitty kitty!" Lo and behold, another head popped up, that of a young racoon she had been getting acquainted with!

Another time we heard a noise in the garage. Husband went out to investigate with a flashlight and baseball bat. Not finding anyone, he went closer to the trash can, which was vibrating slightly. Tapping it on the side with a bat roused a racoon that climbed out and slunk off...and then another...and another...In all there were six racoons in that trash can! It was like watching clowns climb out of a VW!

:D great stories, both of them. LOL about the clown car trash can. :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #669 on: January 14, 2011, 02:42:25 pm »
Did anybody else see the film, on the Today show this morning, of the rat running up some guy's body in the New York City subway?  :P

Next time I'm in New York, I think I'll take a cab. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.