Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006442 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #940 on: January 27, 2012, 12:34:03 am »

Tennis, anyone?

Look at those doggy ears and eyes.  So full of hopeful anticipation.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #941 on: January 27, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DlS3w1GGE8g[/youtube]

Video: Dormouse snores while sleeping in zookeeper’s hand

The dormouse hibernates for long periods, spending up to one third of its entire life asleep. This particular rodent is a resident of the Surrey Wildlife Trust.  Surrey mammal project officer Dave Williams shot the video and the Surrey Wildlife Trust is accepting donations as part of their dormouse project, which seeks to help protect the endangered animal.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/video-dormouse-snores-while-sleeping-zookeeper-hand-222847067.html

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #942 on: February 02, 2012, 09:48:22 pm »
Today I was in the kitchen, checking e-mail, when I realized that things were awfully quiet.  I went to investigate, and this is what I found in the living room:

Ember and the new guy sharing a bully stick!   :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #943 on: February 03, 2012, 02:32:06 am »
Have you seen this cute Volkswagen commercial yet? It's been airing here in Indianapolis for the past week or two!

CUTE!!!!

It's called "The BARK side"! lol

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntDYjS0Y3w&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:27:40 am by Penthesilea »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #944 on: February 03, 2012, 05:24:17 am »
Louise posted a link to the Puppy Bowl on facebook earlier this week David - it reminded me of you!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #945 on: February 03, 2012, 03:15:00 pm »
Today I was in the kitchen, checking e-mail, when I realized that things were awfully quiet.  I went to investigate, and this is what I found in the living room:

Ember and the new guy sharing a bully stick!   :)

Aw, that's cute, Fran!

So now they're best buddies?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #946 on: February 03, 2012, 04:40:32 pm »
So now they're best buddies?

We're getting there.  They play very rough, and someone is always letting out a yelp, it seems.  When they are out of control, one or both of them get sent to their crate(s) for a few minutes.  But so far, no blood has been spilled, and no one is missing any body parts.  :)

Our dog trainer said to separate them when their playing gets to be too intense to give them a couple of minutes to calm themselves.  They are getting better at self-regulating their play (automatically stopping or running to get a drink of water), but they've still got a way to go before they're BFFs.

I posted their bully stick photo on a whippet website I post at, and people were amazed that they were sharing food.  The comments were along the lines of "My dogs would never share food. No way."

I hope I'm not jinxing myself here, but I think Forest is the best thing that ever happened to Ember.  She is eating better -- finishing all of her food -- and she seems much happier.  Plus, she is much more outgoing when we have visitors.  I am so thankful that Ember's breeder gave Forest to us. 

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #947 on: February 03, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »
It sounds really good, Fran!  :)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #948 on: February 03, 2012, 06:26:52 pm »
Louise posted a link to the Puppy Bowl on facebook earlier this week David - it reminded me of you!

I watch it every year! lol

8)  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #949 on: February 04, 2012, 06:12:39 pm »
We're getting there.  They play very rough, and someone is always letting out a yelp, it seems.  When they are out of control, one or both of them get sent to their crate(s) for a few minutes.  But so far, no blood has been spilled, and no one is missing any body parts.  :)

Our dog trainer said to separate them when their playing gets to be too intense to give them a couple of minutes to calm themselves.  They are getting better at self-regulating their play (automatically stopping or running to get a drink of water), but they've still got a way to go before they're BFFs.

I posted their bully stick photo on a whippet website I post at, and people were amazed that they were sharing food.  The comments were along the lines of "My dogs would never share food. No way."

I hope I'm not jinxing myself here, but I think Forest is the best thing that ever happened to Ember.  She is eating better -- finishing all of her food -- and she seems much happier.  Plus, she is much more outgoing when we have visitors.  I am so thankful that Ember's breeder gave Forest to us. 

Soooo cute!

Wonder if Ember is now finishing her food because she's afraid if she doesn't, Forest will.  She didn't have to worry about that before.