Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1008879 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2007, 05:18:10 pm »
Lol!!! David!!! Codys antics are funny!

Skimble was also chasing a spider this evening.. he's also eaten a bumble bee and a butterfly. 

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2007, 08:04:18 pm »
:laugh:  :laugh:

Awww. Poor little bird.

I'm sure my cat would do the exact same thing if I let him outside. But he's an indoor cat. He never goes outside. But last winter when I had my mouse problem, he would sometimes catch a mouse and then run upstairs to my bedroom and drop the mouse on my pillow.  :P

And just like Skimble, he will be purring very loudly when he does it. He's very proud of himself.

We can't get angry though when our cats do things like this. Hunting is in their nature. But GAWD it's disgusting when it happens!  :P

When I would have a mouse (usually in the winter) the cat would eat the half with the head and leave the body half for me to "find" so that I could be proud of her. YES!!! Very disgusting!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2007, 11:00:13 pm »
I could not figure how to put pictures in the message box, so I put some of my pets' pictures in my photobucket album, here:

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/Dobie1018/Pet%20pictures/

I hope this works!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2007, 11:15:16 pm »
Cute Pictures!!!!  :D

Dobie, I always use the 4th option under the picture on photobucket; the one that says IMG Code. If you copy the code from the box and paste it into your BetterMost message, it should appear without any problems!

Here's one of your pictures...

I hope that helps!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2007, 11:23:57 pm »
Dobie, your dogs are absolutely beautiful!

David, thanks for taking the time to post one of the photos in this thread.

Now I'm heading over to Photobucket to see the rest of them....

Offline Dobie1018

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2007, 08:39:14 am »
Oh David, thank you so much for putting my "kids" pictures up here!  I tried last night for a long time to get them in the message box, but couldn't!  I appreciate it!  Their names are, from left to right:  Demi, Crusher and Murphy.  All certified therapy dogs, and the loves of my life! 
Thanks for your kind comments Fran!  Aren't dogs wonderful?  What would we do without them?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2007, 05:44:04 pm »
Oh David, thank you so much for putting my "kids" pictures up here!  I tried last night for a long time to get them in the message box, but couldn't!  I appreciate it!  Their names are, from left to right:  Demi, Crusher and Murphy.  All certified therapy dogs, and the loves of my life! 
Thanks for your kind comments Fran!  Aren't dogs wonderful?  What would we do without them?

You're very welcome!  :D

Did I explain it to you clearly? Sometimes I'm not very good at explaining things. If you have any further questions, please send me a pm and I'll try to help you with your pictures in any way I can. I only posted that picture as an example, to show you that your pictures are already properly set up in your photobucket album. The other three pictures are all ready to be posted here too! Just copy the IMG Code and paste it in here. Once you've done that, I can go back and delete the picture I posted in my message. Just let me know if you want me to do that, okay?

Those are such cute pictures! You have some beautiful animals Dobie!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dobie1018

« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2007, 10:45:54 pm »
Thanks David.  I'll try it to see if it works for me.  Do you know if the pictures can be made to appear smaller than the size that appears in your message?  Then I could post more than one of them here and not take up a bunch of space. 

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2007, 11:12:09 pm »
Do you know if the pictures can be made to appear smaller than the size that appears in your message?  

Dobie, you can play around with the height and the width measurements.  It's easy.

I'll use your photo that was posted by David as an example. 

In the first IMG bracket, add IMG width=300, and the same photo will look like this:

If you make it IMG width=400, it will look like this:

If you make it IMG width=500, it will look like this:

As I said, you can change the width or the height to get a whole range of different sizes.

It might be easier for you to understand this if you click on "quote" in the upper right-hand corner of this post, so you can see the IMG coding I'm talking about.

BTW, larger photos can be nice, too.  The size David posted looks great!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:43:55 pm by Fran »

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2007, 05:19:51 pm »

I'm sure my cat would do the exact same thing if I let him outside. But he's an indoor cat. He never goes outside. But last winter when I had my mouse problem, he would sometimes catch a mouse and then run upstairs to my bedroom and drop the mouse on my pillow.  :P

I have three cats that stay indoors.  I also have two dogs.

But, for whatever reason - birds have chosen to fly in to my house - twice!  One of the cats cornered a bird once - I thought it was dead - but no flew up in my face when I went near.  I managed to get the cats out of the room and out the bird flew.  The second time another bird somehow got stuck in the basement (long story) - I managed to get the bird out of the house quickly and undetected by the cats.

I have never had mouse problems, but once the cat (same one as above) cornered a frog in the house.  Same as the bird above, I thought the frog was dead, but no.  (Man did I scream when it jumped!)  The cat must be the 'lookout' cat - at least she makes funny noises when she catches things, so I know immediately to come look and see what's going on....
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger