Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1009055 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #730 on: March 09, 2011, 05:52:55 am »

Oh, Chrissi, shit.  And I do mean that in the BBM sense.  Max looks like a wonderful dog - such an expressive and beautiful face.  I am so sorry for you and your family.  

:'( :'( :'(

((((Chrissi))))

This is one of those threads I never get to, wish I'd known sooner.  I'm sorry about that too.

:-\

Thank you Lynne.
It's 3 and a half weeks now, and it still hurts and I miss him.
Friends and relatives are asking if we'll be getting another dog. I really don't know. I want my Mäxi back, I don't want some "other" dog. So no new dog for us for a while, maybe in a few months, after all summer holidays.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #731 on: March 09, 2011, 06:04:39 am »

Thank you Lynne.
It's 3 and a half weeks now, and it still hurts and I miss him.
Friends and relatives are asking if we'll be getting another dog. I really don't know. I want my Mäxi back, I don't want some "other" dog. So no new dog for us for a while, maybe in a few months, after all summer holidays.

I'm sure you do...they are tricky how they insinuate themselves and are family before you even know it.  And the next thing you know, you've spent $2K in the past year at, say, the South End Veterinary Clinic and your budget for pet food has increased by factor of 10.  And you'd gladly spend 200 times that if you could just fix them.

::)

Don't be pressured by the questions.  There's no time limit on mourning.  You'll all know when you're ready.  And I imagine your kids must be crushed too, for it to happen so suddenly while they were gone.  How horrible for them.

:'(

A friend lost her elderly cat lately - more family of a friend, really - and it was interesting how she was so very philosophical and accepting about it.  She definitely has an emotional maturity (?) perhaps that I do not possess.  She's a widow, though, and is familiar with loss; maybe that makes a difference.

I cannot remember her exact words - but it was something along the lines of understanding the life span of a pet being different than that of people when you enter into it.  And of course being grateful that you're allowed to be there for them and share in their life and love for what time they have here.

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #732 on: March 21, 2011, 11:36:32 am »

Blaze in June of 2008.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #733 on: March 21, 2011, 11:39:08 am »

Blaze in March of 2011.

:D :D :D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #734 on: March 21, 2011, 11:40:49 am »

Every inch, a gentleman.

::)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #735 on: March 21, 2011, 11:43:27 am »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #736 on: March 21, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »
He's saying RUB MY TUMMY!!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #737 on: April 02, 2011, 02:16:21 pm »
We are putting up a fence at my mom's house.  For the last few years, there has been a big fat black cat that's lived in and among my mom's yard.  It sleep in the sun in the back patio during the winter, hide among the tall grass and watch the birds as they fed, drink water out of the birdbath, eat their bread that I threw out for the birds.  Not our cat but kind of a wild spirit of the place that came and went.  

I was wondering how it was going to adapt to 8 foot high fences we were about to install.

I don't have to wonder anymore.

The first anniversary of my mother's death was yesterday.  I walked out this morning to run an errand and that big black cat had gotten run over last night in the street just outside our driveway.

It's bloody and flies are buzzing it and I can't pull in my driveway.  I don't know what do with it.  It's just going to get run over again and again where it's at, and guts and maggots are going to be everywhere and I don't know what to do and I just want to scream and cry.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #738 on: April 02, 2011, 03:03:51 pm »
:( Sorry about the cat. Poor kitty. Usually when they live a certain length of time, they have figured out how to dodge traffic.

Around here, we can call town hall and there is a street crew...probably from the dogcatcher's---and they will come out and take care of things like that. Maybe you have those services?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #739 on: April 02, 2011, 03:12:09 pm »
:( Sorry about the cat. Poor kitty. Usually when they live a certain length of time, they have figured out how to dodge traffic.

Around here, we can call town hall and there is a street crew...probably from the dogcatcher's---and they will come out and take care of things like that. Maybe you have those services?

Thank you.  I went and looked and yes they do.  They should be here tomorrow.

:(