Author Topic: New book on BBM listed on AMAZON.com  (Read 5478 times)

moremojo

Re: New book on BBM listed on AMAZON.com
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 12:39:51 pm »
It would be interesting to knew who the contributors are. I wouldn't be thrilled, for example, to see David Ehrenstein or Camille Paglia do another hatchet job on the beautiful film adaptation and the masterful original story.
This book just came through my library's mail room this morning. It was my first encounter with a physical copy, and my first chance to glance through the contents. I am relieved to report that neither Ehrenstein nor Paglia (admittedly excellent critics and writers) make appearances here.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 01:02:08 pm »
Interesting, Scott! Tell us more! Thanks for being our advance guard.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 01:40:38 pm »
Yesterday, I ordered a slighty used Beyond Brokeback: The Impact of a Film by Members of the Ultimate Brokeback Forum .
It was only USD 10.50 plus shipping. 

I will eagerly await Scott's comments about  Reading Brokeback Mountain: Essays on the Story and the Film by Jim Stacy 
before I fork over USD 25.00 plus shipping.
Mr. Stacey teaches at a college about a three hour drive from where I reside. Would be interesting to pay him a visit.  ;)

So keep us advised Scott.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 04:12:41 pm »

I will eagerly await Scott's comments about  Reading Brokeback Mountain: Essays on the Story and the Film by Jim Stacy 
before I fork over USD 25.00 plus shipping.
Mr. Stacey teaches at a college about a three hour drive from where I reside. Would be interesting to pay him a visit.  ;)

So keep us advised Scott.

Hey Bud, that would be really neat if you got to meet Stacey.  I wonder if he knows about BetterMost.

Ya know, we should write a book too.  If we edited some of the better threads and posts from Open Forum and put them all together, I'm sure we could come up with our own, very respectable book of essays about Brokeback.
 :D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 02:39:43 pm »
This is interesting. There were also two other professors, William Handley from USC and Jesse Matz from Kenyon who were going to do a Brokeback book with essays from various contributors. I wonder whatever happened to that project?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!