Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768180 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1920 on: April 14, 2007, 08:55:52 pm »
Wow, many tatoos.

Do these tatoos mean something to him??

Every single one does, yes.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1921 on: April 15, 2007, 02:58:47 am »

I just happened upon Casanova the other night.  I quite liked it.  I had avoided seeing it when it first came out on the heels of Brokeback because I wanted Ennis to live on in my mind in the form of Heath, and I didn't want to risk losing that in some way.  Crazy, but true.  But after lo my many viewings of the latter, Ennis exists separately from Heath, so seeing Heath in other things is like seeing a completely different person in other things.  Also crazy but true.

It's not crazy. I was hesitant about Casanova too. I didn't want to see any 'Ennis' there. Actually Heath said in an interview that he felt he had too much 'Ennis' still inside him when he played Casanova, he held back a bit too much, and in hindsight, he should have been more exuberant in that role. Hmmm, maybe he could have.... but i liked Casanova anyway.

Anyway, I thought he did a really lovely job in Casanova, as always.  Man, that boy does understand how to kiss...  And I'll say it again, and this is saying a lot coming from a confirmed Gyllenhaalic - he has the most wonderful eyes.  The brightest light shines out of them.  They glitter and sparkle like stars.

Ain't that the truth..  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #1922 on: April 15, 2007, 02:01:37 pm »
Heath has a real tattoo on his hand?

Yes, the one on his wrist is clearly visible during the 'knot-tying' scene and part of the reunion kissing scene. (And the makeup to cover it shows in the 'let's get an apt in town' scene.)

(Personally, if I were him I would hesitate to get tattoos on the hands & wrists, because makeup people will have to fuss with covering those for just about every film & stage project he ever does the rest of his life. But I guess a great enough actor can get away with it...)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1923 on: April 15, 2007, 02:13:12 pm »
The one on his wrist is also visible (very much so) in the scene where he finds the shirts at the Twist home.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #1924 on: April 15, 2007, 02:57:02 pm »
The one on his wrist is also visible (very much so) in the scene where he finds the shirts at the Twist home.

Yeah, and that kinda bugs me!  As much as I worship him, I'm like, man, what are you thinking with those silly tats? We all know you're cool and rebellious and all that... no need to distract everybody!   (Any more than his looks already distract...)   

:P

Offline Artiste

« Reply #1925 on: April 15, 2007, 07:08:11 pm »
Thanks all!!

I wonder if Heath ever talked about his tatoos?

Hugs!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1926 on: April 15, 2007, 07:21:01 pm »
Thanks all!!

I wonder if Heath ever talked about his tatoos?

Hugs!

He has. Many of them are self-designed. But I can't put my hands on the interview right now, sorry!

L

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1927 on: April 15, 2007, 08:23:23 pm »
The one with the circles all in a row they make up to be a celtic cross when the real design doesn't fit what role he is doing.  I have a couple articles that discuss his tatoos, I'll see if I can find them, next time I get all my stuff out.

I love the kestrel (Australian hawk-bird of prey) flying--but not as much as KOAS and old man river---the maple leaf he got while they were in Canada for BBM.

Can't say I care for that last one he got- the big black rectangle with the three circles in it, I think they are supposed to represent Heath, Michelle and Matilda--but it is very strange and will be HARD to cover up.
Also read that that much black ink won't age very well either, but I don't have tatoos so I can't say.

They did a really good job of covering up some of them during certain parts of BBM, and NOT so good in other parts of it??, and lots of times, like in The Order, he wears a leather wrist band to cover up the KAOS.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:02:48 pm by ranchgal »

Offline Artiste

« Reply #1928 on: April 15, 2007, 10:46:59 pm »
Does he want to age himself or to feel old with tatoos??

Or are these tatoos just like signs, like Maple Leaf for doing the acting in the BM film??

Like a sign of unless age, like a sculptor does a bronze, or a painter creates a painting??

Or just a social things, as tatoos are popular for many right now, like feeling his youth or scared of lost of youthness??  Or is it becoming an adult??

Hugs!!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1929 on: April 17, 2007, 01:57:40 am »
I don't know, tatoos are not my thing.   With Heath they seem sort of symbolic of places he has been or people/situations that are important to him.     With my own son, I personally think it was a fad dare. LOL
And I know several older navy guys with tatoos that looked really good when they were young and tight, but when the skin starts to sag, wrinkle, and loosen, they are almost unrecognizable if they don't tell you what they were.    Heard one woman say that when her son wanted a bird, she told him 35 years from now it will look like some kind of monster out of a nightmare.  Had to laugh, but it could well turn out to be true.
A lot of how it ages will depend on size/detailing and where they are placed and the type of musculature under the skin.

There is a rumor/blog going around that Heath's Joker will have gray skin and lots of facial scarring--and he won't be wearing a purple suit either, more like raggedy jacket pants that he has put on without much thought--wonder how much input Heath had into that?? LOL   They also say that there won't much funny about him, more scary, in keeping with the scary scarecrow type sinister feelings in the first one.