Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772165 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5340 on: May 21, 2008, 07:46:06 pm »
Speaking of Monster's Ball....that was one of those movies I thought I "should" go see in the theater but never got to it. I rented it after BBM and at the same time, I rented "Monster" (they were next to each other at Blockbuster), another movie I "should have" seen, but didn't. Ai yi yi, what a weekend that was. I "liked" Monster better, although "like" is not the right word since I'll never watch either of them again. They are both powerful, affecting films but I think Monster is better, overall.

L

PS. Charlize Theron got the Oscar for Monster and what has she done since then...really? Not much. That old Oscar curse. In many ways, it makes me glad Heath "lost out" in 2006 (yes, he was robbed).
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5341 on: May 21, 2008, 10:06:51 pm »
Speaking of Monster's Ball....that was one of those movies I thought I "should" go see in the theater but never got to it. I rented it after BBM and at the same time, I rented "Monster" (they were next to each other at Blockbuster), another movie I "should have" seen, but didn't. Ai yi yi, what a weekend that was. I "liked" Monster better, although "like" is not the right word since I'll never watch either of them again. They are both powerful, affecting films but I think Monster is better, overall.

L

PS. Charlize Theron got the Oscar for Monster and what has she done since then...really? Not much. That old Oscar curse. In many ways, it makes me glad Heath "lost out" in 2006 (yes, he was robbed).

omg, you "liked" monster better than monster's ball....??? (I can't honestly believe you managed to make it through both in one weekend.  I had to take monster in parts.)

i am the EXACT opposite, lol.  i only watched monster b/c i felt it would be some sort of sacrilege as a woman to not watch it.  it was painful though.  monster's ball was not so much a problem for me; i have always been fascinated (?) with all things related to the death penalty.

oh yeah, is there a michelle michelle michelle thread somewhere?
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5342 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:05 pm »

didn't p. diddy's character do a sketch of Heath/Sonny?  wonder if/where images of that are today?
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5343 on: May 21, 2008, 10:31:26 pm »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline optom3

« Reply #5344 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:51 pm »

And then?  :(

Your post just did me in again :'(.

I actually hope they'll take their time with Parnassus, that it will be a good while till it comes out. As long as we haven't seen TDK and Parnassus, there's still something new of Heath, ya know?

I certainly know. I want some space to prolong the day when everything dries up and I have to face the inevitable.I feel the same about his photos.
It really is a bittersweet thing.Bettermost keeps the dream alive, but seems to be delaying my facing facts.I hope one day that I will eventually be able to accept.At the moment that seems a million miles away.
So I will stay safe in my lttle cocoon and hope for a little more time.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5345 on: May 22, 2008, 12:09:59 am »
None of you (who worried about the blonde bimbo to portray Ennis) had seen him in Monster's Ball???
Not this one.
I was  attracted initially to AKT by the music in the trailers.Then it was love at first sight.So I started going backwards with 10 things.At my age I realised that I actually seemed to have a crush on him.It must have been a mid life thing.
BBM piqued my curiosity.
I had read the s.s previously , out of curiosity,I  sort of wanted to see the spin if any put on it.My first husband came out in the 80's so it was less traumatic.
If I am honest, the story had a devastating effect on me,I cried for days.I had seen my husband with his partner.Nothing dire.We had divorced very amicably,and I invited them round for dinner,to celebrate my exam success.It was so odd that the story did to me what real life did not.Possibly because my ex had and still has a happy ending.
I was quite torn then,see Heath,who I did appear to have a crush on,but maybe run the risk of the story being spoiled for me.I know that sounds mad, post BBM, but I have seen a good book ruined by a bad film,
Well how wrong was I. The film surpassed the book,and my crush became a full blown love affair with BBM and Heath.The rest is history.
What is even more ironic, is that I went to see the film,partly to see how gay men were portrayed,because of my ex,to see Heath.and to see how it compared with the s.s .
I came out with wounds, of my own doomed affair, reopened and red raw.The visual impact,did to me what reading the story had not.
I had never even thought of my lost love when reading the book.But the film was so searing it just reopened everything.

It has changed my perception of films for ever. Prior, I would have said I preferred books,as I can use my magination,not so since BBM. The film made it a universal story of doomed love, and lost opportunities. It went beyond the book. The ss was more gay doomed love,for me anyway.
It continues to still hurt like hell. More so with what happened to Heath.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5346 on: May 22, 2008, 03:03:27 am »

Two of those three actors are no longer with us.   :-\

As to when did I first hear of Heath - weird but true - 10 Things I Hate About You was filmed where my husband went to high school, and where my niece was currently going to high school at the time of filming.  My husband's high school reunion was during that time, and we weren't allowed to tour the school the weekend of the reunion because they were filming some teen movie with some kid named Heath Ledger.  The only person in the whole film that I was familiar with at the time was Larry Miller!!  (Talk about being behind the times.)  My niece was an extra in a couple of crowd scenes filmed outside.

mvansand76

« Reply #5347 on: May 22, 2008, 03:45:47 am »

Two of those three actors are no longer with us.   :-\

:'( :'( :'( :'(

It really hits you so hard at times, doesn't it?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5348 on: May 22, 2008, 05:12:48 am »
None of you (who worried about the blonde bimbo to portray Ennis) had seen him in Monster's Ball???

Nope, I hadn't. And I never would have watched it if not for Heath (after BBM). I don't like Billy Bob Thornton and I've never seen any film with him in it that I liked (to be fair, I haven't seen many films with BBT, but the ones I've seen I didn't like).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5349 on: May 22, 2008, 05:32:18 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Another classic today